10+ Year Old Account
    The moment when dirty porting the first Note 5 ROM to the S6 fixes most of it's problems, lel Samsung...

Note series has it's own team of firmware developers, default S6 was so bad at memory management that Sammy schedules a restart every now in a while to alleviate the RAM usage.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-08-18 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm yeah the Ashes benches are creating a lot of controversy. We really need more DX12 benches...come on Unigine and 3DMark, get to work
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    From the looks of it, it's a surprisingly more indepth benchmark than Unigine and 3D Mark. It's a more complete benchmark than Starswarm bench that they put out where as Starswarm ran a simulation and put out numbers purely for the drawcall, this one allows for benchmarks for CPU only, GPU only, or combination with all the detail settings for textures, resolution, AA, etc.
    This 'benchmark' though is going to be a game. Really curious on how that kind of large scale RTS is going to be.

Controversy is mostly spun by Nvidia. Doesn't help Nvidia that they're blaming Oxide for an MSAA bug but only to have Oxide find that the problem with MSAA isn't on their side but Nvidia's driver side.
    http://forums.oxidegames.com/470406
    Nvidia mistakenly stated that there is a bug in the Ashes code regarding MSAA. By Sunday, we had verified that the issue is in their DirectX 12 driver. Unfortunately, this was not before they had told the media that Ashes has a buggy MSAA mode. More on that issue here. On top of that, the effect on their numbers is fairly inconsequential. As the HW vendor's DirectX 12 drivers mature, you will see DirectX 12 performance pull out ahead even further.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-08-18 at 11:14 PM.

nVidia probably wouldn't have said anything if AMD had performed worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    nVidia probably wouldn't have said anything if AMD had performed worse.
    That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Would make it interesting to have an intel laptop with an nVidia mobile GPU and optimus. Lower frame-rates that are smoother with no tearing because of AS, or higher frame-rates that need V-Sync to avoid tearing.

One would wonder if that would be the push that nVidia needs to add AS support?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-08-21 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't work out that way. Optimus function is just swapping which GPU is handling the rendering when called for. So in the end nvidia not supporting Adaptive Sync means it won't work. That said they already do in a round about way with their 'moduleless' laptop gsync, aka using embedded DisplayPort.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I just realized. Everything in the computer parts industry is shrinking in physical size except GPU's. They are getting bigger.

Dafuq. Was looking at building a very very slim/slender rig this way I could ditch my full tower for something that isn't an eye sore and have yet to find any GPU that will be worth my money that fits any mini-itx case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    You know what I just realized. Everything in the computer parts industry is shrinking in physical size except GPU's. They are getting bigger.

Dafuq. Was looking at building a very very slim/slender rig this way I could ditch my full tower for something that isn't an eye sore and have yet to find any GPU that will be worth my money that fits any mini-itx case.
    The AMD Fury(x) is small. There's an even smaller one coming too.

Graphics cards are so huge because GDDR5 chips are bloody massive and you need to fit 12-16 of them on the PCB.

--

Update on the new rig planning: probably going to be an AsRock motherboard. Everywhere I look, it seems like the return rate on Asus boards is phenomenally high.
    I guess I can live with a blue/red on black motherboard.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-08-23 at 10:35 PM.

Either the AsRock X99 WS-E or one of the killer gaming boards.

forum y u no auto-append?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think auto append doesn't do it after a period of time. I don't know though cause it's very stupid sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Windows wants to update my gpu..No thank you windows, would rather do it myself.

Also having a problem posting on moo-champion, keeps asking me if I want to move to the other page, and if I do I get a reset connection page. Well, Chrome is looking a lot better now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal FF beta was crashing on me several times since the last weekend, I'm giving Waterfox another try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why people want _____ to die in the technological / entertainment industry. Can't see how harming your own hobby as a whole is a good idea.

Yeah. You want Intel to make the next CPU generation 3% faster (in synthetic benchmarks) and cost 50 bucks more and for an i5 to cost 400 dollars in 2018? Then pray for AMD to fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I will never understand why people want _____ to die in the technological / entertainment industry. Can't see how harming your own hobby as a whole is a good idea.
    I don't really like HDMI though. I think it is holding the industry back.
    It took a looong time, but both it and the industry is getting better. It will remain a very confusing (for consumers) standard with much fragmentation though.
    And also. I wouldn't mind if the stupidity around Apple would be reduced, but that is completely unrelated to the industry and more to do with people.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    And also. I wouldn't mind if the stupidity around Apple would be reduced, but that is completely unrelated to the industry and more to do with people.
    I bought my iPad because it was the only tablet where I didn't have to sacrifice screen resolution, battery lifetime, memory capacity or build quality.

As for OSX, a criticism off the top of my head is that it is faster to type "open /users/username/folder/folder" in a terminal window than it is to navigate to that folder with Finder (tab auto-fill ftw). However FTP transfer, SSH and just general unix commands like rm, mv, cp, mkdir and so on from a terminal are also faster than using Windows Explorer (or Finder, for that matter) or opening WinSCP or Putty.

I heard that Windows 10 is getting a proper shell environment though, has anybody tried it out yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I heard that Windows 10 is getting a proper shell environment though, has anybody tried it out yet?
    Nope. Heard of it though but never bothered. Still find it funny that it's called PowerShell.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I don't really like HDMI though. I think it is holding the industry back.
    Except that's an interface in comparison to an entire company or sector. Wasn't really thinking of tiny aspects like if PCI-Es go obsolete for something else, then whatever. Kind of mean like shooting off your head to save your toe, or in visual medium, destroying TVs to promote Monitors.
    It took a looong time, but both it and the industry is getting better. It will remain a very confusing (for consumers) standard with much fragmentation though.
    HDMI came out at the right time really. It was a relatively non bulky digital interface that anyone can take and plug in without worrying about any pins, latches and such. DisplayPort preceded 4 years after the fact but gained slow adoption until the past few years.
    Good thing is that HDMI started improving with the design to meet needs. I don't really think HDMI was holding back anything until 3840x2160 TV/Monitors started to become a thing.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-08-27 at 06:28 AM.