10+ Year Old Account
    More sites need to do this. Basically outlines every setting and procedure. They have a separate article for even the PC settings.
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/032/G003251/20161226161/

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    What does she want to use programming to do?
    This is the first question I would have asked, as well. Different languages excel at different things, so there isn't a single language that I would recommend. Another thing that could affect the answer is whether they have a particular (future) goal in mind. In other words, they may want to start by writing Program A with a long term goal of writing Program B. Language A might be better suited for Program A, Language B would be better for Program B, then it might make sense to use Language B to get more experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Honestly kinda interesting and a couple surprising results.
    Just curious, but what part(s) in particular? Aside from which games preformed better than others (I actually haven't played any of them!), the overarching information was pretty much what I would have expected.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    This is the first question I would have asked, as well. Different languages excel at different things, so there isn't a single language that I would recommend. Another thing that could affect the answer is whether they have a particular (future) goal in mind. In other words, they may want to start by writing Program A with a long term goal of writing Program B. Language A might be better suited for Program A, Language B would be better for Program B, then it might make sense to use Language B to get more experience with it.

Just curious, but what part(s) in particular? Aside from which games preformed better than others (I actually haven't played any of them!), the overarching information was pretty much what I would have expected.
    The one game towards the end where there was really no difference in fps between the 1.2GHz and 4whateverGHz kinda surprised me.

Let's not forget: 1.2GHz is slow by today's standards.

As for the first part of this post, I'll ask her. Knew I could count on you all though! ^_^ Thank ya much.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Java is fairly easy to pick up and is a good introduction to C-based object oriented programming.

10+ Year Old Account
    "New" Firefox nightly build works nicely, now only if chrome will cooperate with tweetdeck better.

Had the pleasure of building 3 gaming rigs using Fractal Define R5 cases and man I love the case. Seriously everything is well thought out in terms of placement along with the quality of the case itself along with amazing wire management. Will Definitely be looking into a Fractal case in the near future.

Also anyone have any experience with Ubiquiti equipment? Invested in a setup for home with a pfsense box and I'm blown away at how well the setup works along with the coverage the AP's provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Had the pleasure of building 3 gaming rigs using Fractal Define R5 cases and man I love the case. Seriously everything is well thought out in terms of placement along with the quality of the case itself along with amazing wire management. Will Definitely be looking into a Fractal case in the near future.

Also anyone have any experience with Ubiquiti equipment? Invested in a setup for home with a pfsense box and I'm blown away at how well the setup works along with the coverage the AP's provide.
    That's what you get from using enterprise grade hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That's what you get from using enterprise grade hardware
    I mostly use Cisco enterprise networking equipment at work but I heard of Ubiquiti but never gave them a shot and man it's really really nice to use and stupid easy to configure. I'm going to start recommending it for clients at work now. Thing is I feel the coverage and seamless integration is better than Cisco's hardware, even adding in new AP's is a breeze along with managing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does anyone have a used X79 2011 board sitting around they'd want to sell? Picked a 3820 from a dead machine and want to build a cheap plex server.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Path of Exile better supports 3440x1440 than Diablo 3... for shame, Blizzard, for shame.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    When Path of Exile better supports 3440x1440 than Diablo 3... for shame, Blizzard, for shame.
    I'm trying to remember what anomalies manifest when dealing with wider aspect ratios in Diablo III. I feel like there was a lot of clipping around the width of a 16:9 monitor (foreground, etc) and some menus were anchored in very inconvenient places (side of the screen). Of course, that was at 5760 x 1080, not "just" ultra-wide (21.5 : 9).

Surround support is pretty crap in general, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... though even WoW Vanilla supported 3440x1440... how do I know?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there was a flash sale for SeaSonic X650 for $50 at Newegg... Of course it's sold out but makes me wonder if they're doing it to clear way for the new Prime models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, hopefully. The Prime power supplies should become some of the best selling, but too bad Corsair and eVGA have made people think they need those brands to be cool. /sigh
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    My graphic's card was apparently dead once I came back from Europe, couldn't really survive more than 2 days using the iGPU and ended up buying this:

Now I'm lazy to clean the computer, life is indeed hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs cleaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Who needs cleaning.
    I looked at the graphic's card and then looked at the PCI-E slot, I couldn't resist putting it inside without cleaning so it took me 30s...

I'll clean this computer someday, someday...

Hm, you sure the card straight up died? Tried cleaning it? Maybe sensitive to humidity? I know some people living in super humid environments (not sure where in Brazil Natal is and too lazy to bring up a second tab to look and whether it is humid) have issues starting their rigs but have no problems running it 24/7 when it's finally up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was already wanting to make an upgrade for an year or so anyway so it giving me problems just made me go out and make the purchase. It was already giving me some signs of problems before, and I spent a whole day trying to revive it letting it warm up before attempting to POST with it with no success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is surprisingly not dusty, which is great!

Some reason, the 770 I had that died sometimes gets past POST, sometimes just said lawlno. iGPU works fine, put it in a dinky PC yielded same sporadic results. Kind of annoying. Went to using the 290 that was mining, granted wasn't mining for a long time but it was still there. Oddly enough at the beginning it was showing artifacting, but now it doesn't... it shows up with my brother's PC too. I want to say it's cause something with Asus' motherboard may be doing it, cause me and my brother's at the time were both Asus (different models). Current one is a Gigabyte MoBo, and absolutely no sign of artifact or anything and everything is stable. It's kind of bizarre.

These recent "HDR" monitor announcement sucks. They're sRGB and doesn't satisfy the other contrast/brightness requisite, which kind of makes me wonder why bother.

- - - Updated - - -

So 835 is the SoC that Microsoft is working with to do the x86 32bit emulation right? Cause I'd probably be down to buy a new phone to mess around with it. I don't really like buying new phones though all that often, and I tend to end up with either HTC or Sony due to UI/software. (PS4 application and stuff is actually really nice when playing with PSO2).
    Previous phone was like 4 years old before it decided to crawl up and die.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-01-04 at 03:11 AM.

No 1080ti at the nVidia keynote.

In its place:
    New Shield
    HAL 9000 becomes a reality
    Lots about car AI
    Partnerships with car industry leaders
    25 dollars for 20 hours of gaming on their cloud platform (20 hours per week = 1300 dollars).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2017-01-05 at 04:13 AM.