10+ Year Old Account
    Well

It's roomy enough for a builder >_> and people have managed to get full WC loops going inside those in quite a few instances.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    It's spacious, but how much depends entirely on what you compare it to.

There is room for watercooling, yes, but this is far from a watercooling case - you will either have to run a single 120mm radiator, use a dremel or remove a key feature of the case (raised up fans with removable fan filters). The room for routing cables is there, albeit slim. Getting a thick 24-pin cable to not cause a bulk can take a few attempts.

Essentially, this is a case that takes a little extra work to get tidy (in terms of cables), but once you get everything in place the result will be outstanding. It is an extremely solid built case - with everything from the huge one-piece metal that runs along the case to the finer details such as screw-holes lining up perfectly and the included small rubber pads that sit between the metal pieces.

The FT02 really is a high-end case, but I think what determines if it it is the right case for your build or not depends entirely on what you intend to do with it and what components you plan to use.

My thoughts on the 600T...
    The case in general is quite solid-looking, but unboxing it I was a little annoyed when the plastic film covering the feet was physically impossible to cleanly remove, since they were covered by the front and back of the case. Aside from that, the latches were a little more... flat, than I expected. They don't pull out, but are pushed down.

Firmly mounting the powersupply doesn't require a single screw that directly screws the PSU to the case. I felt perfectly comfortable using the 'bracket' that holds the PSU in place. I couldn't even wiggle the poor thing anymore.

The motherboard can be easily fixed in place, because one of the standoffs extend to fill the screwhole, so the board just sort of 'fits' onto it and doesn't go anywhere. Compared to a lot of cases where you have to sort of 'hold' the board in place while you affix one-two screws to ascertain it stays this was a huge improvement.

Given I had no need for mechanical drives, I felt comfortable removing the hard drive cage, but taking off the front was necessary to remove the lower hard drive cage. Removing the front of the case was a bit confusing, and a little wonky, since the 'tabs' holding it in place were mostly one way, except the top two one, which faced the other way...

An oddity for me was that the 5.25" bay covers was unbelievably easy to work with, assuming you had the sidepanel off, as they don't clip loose or into place from the outside, but from within. And speaking of covers, the fan grills had an unexpected thing going on. They're held in place not by one, but two springloads or
    w/e they're called. Pressing down the center of the top makes both loosen, so that's fine, but pressing too far along one side or the other is a different story. That's just a quirk though, not a wrongdoing.

Overall, I quite like the case. I should've gotten it at an earlier time. The fan controller is nice, but only for four fans; I'll need a splitter for the fifth fan I guess.

A note about AX 750...
    For some arbitrary reason, Corsair decided to not include another port on the powersupply. Namely a port to actually connect a second graphics card... This seems enormously stupid to me, particularly when the OCZ ZT 750 I got at the same time does allow it meanwhile.

About the board's wifi...
    It works quite splendidly so far. Additionally, the antennas have a magnetic base, so propping them somewhere was a lot simpler than I expected it to. Currently, they make my 600T look like it has bunny ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Currently, they make my 600T look like it has bunny ears.
    Well that'll seal the deal for many builders :P

Nice review Drunken, cheers.

Currently, they make my 600T look like it has bunny ears.

Make it happen!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have the technology!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    so, since i cant install backtrack on my laptop because of hardware and driver issues, i decided to setup a different distro and install all the exploitation tools manually, and after getting Sabayon 9 working (gnome), i have to say, this OS is rather amazing, out of the box it is better then windows in terms of the UI, performance, and speed

nor does it give that feeling of "linux for kiddies" like regular ubuntu

Deleted
    Speaking of linux distros, which one would you recommend for a beginner? I've used ubuntu before, but perhaps there's better options. Someone recommended Pinguy OS.

I'm planning to use it for an automated computer at work (it will read orders, process them into DHLs database and then print them for further processing/packing). I figured I'd use linux as many seemed to recommend it for the task. The computer will also be hooked up to a monitor that will work as a "kiosk" where certain advertisements and products will be showcased. I got most of the functions and scripts already ironed out, mostly done in java and autoit (seriously, there's so much helpful stuff out there it's insane).

10+ Year Old Account
    depends, do you like to learn by jumping in the deep end or starting off easy?

if you want to start off easy, Ubuntu or one of it's derivatives (Zorin and Mint are good ones)

if you want to jump in the deep end, i would go with Arch, it is generally not for beginners because you have to manually build and install everything, (it doesn't even come with a UI) but it has one of the best Wikis and beginner guides of any OS

there is also red hat, debian, gentoo, and openSUSE

once you learn the basics, the main difference between most distros is the package handler, and maybe a few things here and there, but the GUIs are pretty much interchangable, and most of the CLI commands are universal

personally i like the harder to use distros, without some challenge, such as getting wifi to turn on, you dont learn the commands and programs

you should also look into FreeBSD, its another unix based OS and very similar to linux, but more open source networking and security software runs BSD than linux

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed my time with Fedora, using the GNOME GUI in my Linux OS class last Spring. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Thinking about doing some modding now that I have nothing to do for summer since money don't cut it for traveling. Just wondering if the prebraided cables will work as extention cables for my PSU or if I am better of sleeving the whole PSU myself, it's not modular so sleeving it cable by cable is going to be a big mess! Not sure I can just use the pre sleeved as extention cables though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if you can cover the PSU-end of the connectors. For example, if I used white extensions for my Seasonic I would have lovely white braided cables on one end...but the yellow/black/blue cables would still be in plain sight on the other end ruining the look, hardly uniform. So if I'm going to change colors I'm going to sleeve it properly all the way through.

Or in case of Corsair modular PSU's, they offer their own set of sleeved cables in different colors (wish all manufacturers did that).

Deleted
    Yeah I was planning on probably using the Corsair pre sleeved. I will do a mod so that I can hide PSU end of the cables, since my case is kinda weird I will make my own sort of cable management panel behind the HDD cage, there is space for a fan but I don't use it so I was thinking I could cover the fan grill and have cable mangement in the room that was intended for the fan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Make it happen!
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...0pxShopped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    Yeah I was planning on probably using the Corsair pre sleeved.
    The Corsair sleeved cables only fit selected PSUs, namely the AX-series. I believe they had plans to expand it, but I'm not sure when/if this will happen.

Deleted
    Well they should work as extentions for female cables or am I being retarded?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    Well they should work as extentions for female cables or am I being retarded?
    Well, not sure if the connectors are "universal", but I don't think so. Iirc there are minor differences that makes them unable to work with the OEM PSUs from Seasonic (the same PSUs the HX-series is based on). Also, what PSU has female connectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...0pxShopped.jpg

The Corsair sleeved cables only fit selected PSUs, namely the AX-series. I believe they had plans to expand it, but I'm not sure when/if this will happen.
    They also fit the HX 750, 850 and TXM650 PSUs according to the website. Although why anybody would get a replacement kit for a semi-modular PSU is beyond me.

Well crap... it appears I have some algae growing in my water loop: http://i.imgur.com/aExnZ.jpg
    Kill coils (2 of them)... y u no kill algae!? ...thinking I might need to go with some kind of anti-microbial additive this time around.

Algae is a plant, not a microbe.

Either way, it needs to be dead

I'm not really concerned from an aesthetic point of view as my case is tucked between my desk and a table, and it doesn't have a side window, but I do worry about the stuff gunking up the waterblocks over time and reducing cooling performance