Intentionally making bad cablemanagement is also infuriating
    I can understand not wanting to spend 2 hours getting the cable-management perfect for what amounts to a 60 second segment on a video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting unpatient about my motherboard, still nothing today.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    fun fun

I'm practically salivating.... omg WANT. D:

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I can understand him not being something for everyone, lol. And honestly, as far as his camera-works goes, he does indeed fail to be impressive by any stretch of the imagination lol. But honestly? He does provide some of the more in-depth information for those that plan to watercool, in my experience.
    Yeah, I've not seen a single other reviewer, who goes nearly as in-depth.

As for tetris' H100 comment, well, he wouldn't bring it up if people didn't pester him. You should see his facebook, since people can't post on his wall anymore, they post questions on his statuses and crap, asking the equivalent of:

"WILL THIS CASE FIT AN H100?!?!!!"

Also, he is after all Corsair-endorsed now, so maybe they want him to let people know? However I know it is part-the-above section.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's facebook? TTL?

If so, we should send those people over to Elric Phares!
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Who's facebook? TTL?

If so, we should send those people over to Elric Phares!
    How about not? We don't need to HELP Elric out, the more people who learn from the best the less people like Elric will be able to BS their way through to fame, where he sadly already kind of is.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://youtu.be/pZaY1jV96jI
    Edit: wrong link haha

I'm loving the color of this, holy cow.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Those colors are alright...if you have the color theme to go with it. Otherwise in most builds it would stick out worse than a Noctua product.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    That Phanteks cooler didn't seem to do too well, least on TTL's tests.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That Phanteks cooler didn't seem to do too well, least on TTL's tests.
    Which proves my point of how much he knows.

SweClockers test from winter of 2011 (yes, you are all late on this ball! :P)

And Noise level, highest RPMs and used resistance where applicable.

Oh, and like I keep saying; The NH-D14 is loud, and the Thermaltake Frio OCK is just bad.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-07-23 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I was thinking of a different cooler, I have watched A LOT of videos he's done....

I love how you say that one remark from me is proof that he lacks knowledge. =/

I don't see you being endorsed by Corsair and being sent parts to examine and test, just saying.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't see you being endorsed by Corsair and being sent parts to examine and test, just saying.
    I don't see how this matters, just saying.

There are a lot of people who are endorsed by all kinds of things; Because they are seen rather than good. Like Swifty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I don't see how this matters, just saying.

There are a lot of people who are endorsed by all kinds of things; Because they are seen rather than good. Like Swifty.
    For quite a while, TTL was making videos by doing custom computers/cases. He's worked his way to where he is now, but it's pretty apparent you really don't have any clue about him or his history, he is knowledgeable and if he was spreading absolute bull, you can bet that all of us who gave Motherboards.org a run for their money, well we'd do the same to TTL.

It's amazing, he too has a total hard on for the Fractal Design Define series, just like you, yet you seem to have a passionate hatred for him. <3
    "A flower.

I don't hate him. I'm just annoyed by him and his narrowmindedness about certain things. I wouldn't call him knowledgable; He treads the same furrows.
    While Linus is biased and lacking in knowledge in some areas, he doesn't have the same "I know better"-attitude nor does he call his viewers "peeps".

In short, he's meh, at best, and I'm amused at you thinking critique is the same thing as hatred. I criticise everything, even things I like.
    And the Fractal Design cases are decent at what they do and who they are for, but lacking in other areas.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    He calls us peeps because unlike average viewers, he actually tends to have conversations with some of us off-camera. Hell I've had a few with him, yes he has a bit of an attitude, but I suppose being an American, I'm immunized to that, since you know, everyone is high strung here and thinks they're king of the world.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer both:

Linus is great for checking out new things, but it is obvious he is not allowed to give his own opinion on things,

TTL on the otherhand, is better for in-depth reviews, he will bore you to death with details, but it is more then you will get from any other youtube reviewer

personally i hit up every linus upload, but i really only watch the TTL videos on products that i am interested in, or ones that catch my eye

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I can't watch a full TTL video, I usually get bored & quit around the 5 minute mark, but I'm having trouble maintaining concentration on most things anyways.

On another note, my average FPS has dipped down to 35 from 65 when I switched FROM my HD 6850 to my GTX 670, which is really really weird. (Call of Duty that is.)

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Oh, and like I keep saying; The NH-D14 is loud, and the Thermaltake Frio OCK is just bad.
    Loud? Jesus, the noisiest part of my brother's build right now is the GTX 680... The fans on the NH-D14 are currently running a whopping 350RPM apparently.

Admittedly this NH-D14 is noticeably different from the one I have at college. They have simplified the mounting brackets on and the fans were PWM fans now. (And all the adapters were 4pin as well.)
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-07-23 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a mail regarding my motherboard, apparently it was a board with an expired BIOS, what?

Anyhow, waiting for the bill, if it still doesn't work then I'll send it to ASUS.

Armory

Bill? Wasn't the motherboard completely new?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he said that for testing it would be like $80 or some ridiculous shit like that per hour. x_x
    "A flower.