Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I want some competition between AMD & Intel, so they can push out some more powerful chips, same goes to AMD & Nvidia.

Atleast it's not like the same situation as Sony & Microsoft, 7+ year old consoles & they're both sitting happy while the money is flushing in.
    Yeah, you know they did a decent marketing job when two (theoretically at least) competing companies can sit on their asses for 7 years and not bring out any new products, and still be defended ferociously by legions of fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I personally gave up console gaming because of the horrible lackadaisical nature of the two aforementioned companies.

I am, however, quite impressed with the state of Intel chips at the moment. I do hope for some competition from AMD or I fear that Intel WILL get lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be buying a PS4/720 for sure lol, if this generation lasted 7 years of games the next generation could probably be stretched for 10+. In the end the only thing new that the next generation of consoles will bring is the ability to turn the graphics knobs higher and cram in some better AI code. Other than that it's nothing really. We're more or less coming close to the glass ceiling that is the limit of how "good" games need to look, the rest all comes down to innovation and gameplay (those aspects make up 70% of a game's score for me).

I mean jesus H christ, the fact that BF3/C2 are even functional on PS3/360 is mind-boggling. You try running those games on a 7800GT + 2ghz dual core and see how far you get even on the lowest possible settings @ 720p, it's going to be painful. The ability to code games directly to hardware increases performance by a MASSIVE margin (no rubbish like DirectX/OpenGL interfering), the next console generation could be scary.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-29 at 04:20 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably not going to look very good/won't be well optimized for the first 1-2½ years just like with the PS3/Xbox. :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    1. it's a GPU, not to be confused with CPU
    2. it's a Radeon 6970 commonly acknowledged as "junk"
    3. it will always be ATi to me
    4. not HIS, Sapphire, or XFX, but 100% reference in design, more specifically it looks like the Cayman XT initial release, rev 1.0
    5. it's a anti static wrist band, and it is green because the material it is made out of is absorbing all of the light waves except for blue and yellow, these bounce off and hit your eye generating a signal to your brain that you are seeing blue-yellow aka green
    What do you think guys? Does this guy win?

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 08:18 AM ----------

The answer was close enough. Cayman Pro, 1GiB. Engineering sample, thus the ATi-branding (this after they stopped labelling them ATi and went with AMD Graphics instead, mind you).

I have to admit, I really like(d) the look of the old 'blocky' coolers, personally. :U But I'm of the impression performance was far from stellar.

At least I got a couple of the questions right

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 01:50 PM ----------

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19018930

Anybody want a couple of months on a tropical island in the pacific?

Wanted: 12 programmers to live on a remote tropical island for two months to do nothing but write code.

Applicants are being sought for the coding jamboree that will take place on an as yet un-named island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something for Synthaxx :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNh0R...&feature=g-u-u

so i just came across that vid and i thought the card in it self was an interesting concept and if nothing else the video was rather enjoyable

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not touching ASUS boards again, ever.

Holy s***, I was dancing home from the post office with my returned Sabertooth, expecting an awesome evening playing Orcs Must Die 2 at enjoyable framerates & recording, I get back home, install the board, I get the exact same error as before, fucking DRAM_ERROR, I used multiple sets of RAM, all of them came with the same error if I paired them up, It was only if I used a single stick it would boot up, I'm asking the supplier if I can get an Asrock instead, don't want any money returned, just want a bloody Asrock board. That's all I want.

Recieved $3310 from my bank & goverment today because they owed me due to miscalculating my interest rate, I'm still very sad & want to curl up in a ball & die because of that bloody motherboard.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-07-30 at 02:29 PM.

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post

so i just came across that vid and i thought the card in it self was an interesting concept and if nothing else the video was rather enjoyable
    Saw that cooler a few months ago.
    It's an interesting but novel idea.

Deleted
    Recieved $3310 from my bank & goverment today because they owed me due to miscalculating my interest rate, I'm still very sad & want to curl up in a ball & die because of that bloody motherboard.
    http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components...7dddf7c764.jpg

with my returned Sabertooth
    Wait, hold the fuck on. Are you telling me they actually tried to fix the issue rather than issue a new board?

10+ Year Old Account
    They "fixed" the issue with updating the BIOS, told me that the motherboard they gave me had an outdated BIOS.

It fixed the No CPU detected issue, but I don't want to be limited to having a single stick of RAM.

Not sure if you can view it, but here:
    http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/...457129283&ev=0

3:45 for trying another set of RAM

<3
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-07-30 at 09:20 PM.

Armory

They "fixed" the issue with updating the BIOS, told me that the motherboard they gave me had an outdated BIOS.

It fixed the No CPU detected issue, but I don't want to be limited to having a single stick of RAM.
    I have to admit, this sounds like a really shitty service if they "fixed the issue" but failed to notice that, oh, it doesn't boot w/ 2+ sticks of RAM, lol. Did you check that there's no other configuration available? Like it might be just -a- dead RAM slot, which could theoretically be missed if they actually tried to boot the mobo after their 'fix'.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post

How very intriiiiiiiiiiguing! Hope they do this for more cards, I'm kind of tempted to try it myself sometime!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Deltrus claims these are good speakers

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...ce_monitor.htm

CONFIRM/DENY!!! D:

I am looking for new speakers, obviously. NCIX suddenly doesn't carry the M-Audio AV40's since a couple days ago. ; ;
    red panda red panda red panda!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Deltrus claims these are good speakers

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...ce_monitor.htm

CONFIRM/DENY!!! D:

I am looking for new speakers, obviously. NCIX suddenly doesn't carry the M-Audio AV40's since a couple days ago. ; ;
    /facepalm

I never said they were good speakers. >_< I said I think they are the ones Marest suggests in his build help/suggestions thread.

Just checked, they are.

THEY MUST BE GOOD.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-07-31 at 11:32 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    /facepalm

I never said they were good speakers. >_< I said I think they are the ones Marest suggests in his build help/suggestions thread.

Just checked, they are.

THEY MUST BE GOOD.
    Lies! SLANDER!!
    red panda red panda red panda!