10+ Year Old Account
    It's not new, the performance is mediocre (i.e. nowhere near D14/H80) and you can throw most RAM compatibility out the window. It's a nice attempt by Zalman but their most innovative coolers (with decent performance) remain to be the CNPS9000 series. I was *almost* enticed into buying a CNPS9900 NT for my first build, such a great little cooler.

CNPS10X wasn't too bad either but they don't get any points for that because it was a run-of-the-mill tower cooler like the hundred others out there.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-04-04 at 08:54 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    i was thinking more for a show build

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well look who is late to the party! I was obsessed with this thing when I first saw it floating around, then was so fucking excited when TimeToLiveCustoms' TinyTomLogan had a video review go up of it..... only to have all my hopes, excitement, and love affair with pictures/video of this to be for naught.

Please don't remind me of this... *sniffles*... I wish it to remain in the past *tears up* and to stay there. *walks off with head hung low*
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    well, it was brought to my attention in a email for lga2011 coolers

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been around for a while. :P

Zalman should recall it and do what TinyTomLogan suggests, fix the bloody height so that you can use slightly larger RAM... I think you almost have to have low-profile tiny RAM. lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So I downloaded Heaven 3.0 and ran it with my new GTX 680. I also messed around with overclocking the card a bit. I didn't want to push things too far since it's brand new and the performance at stock is very good to begin with, but I did bump it up to +100MHz on the core clock (~1228MHz with GPU boost) and +306MHz on the memory (6624MHz effective) and ran the benchmark again.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Snip
    Wow! That's a fairly impressive improvement for such a small boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deltrus banned wtf :S

But the term banned is used loosely here, right? Like, it's more of a suspension? =o
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-04-04 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because he resembles a post-generating-machine :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Deltrus banned wtf :S

But the term banned is used loosely here, right? Like, it's more of a suspension? =o
    i saw that, probably an accumulation of infractions

looking at it though, perhaps the computer forum is too moderated, not naming names, but some moderators seem to take things too seriously

I wish I could like that post Cyanotical (Facebook style).

But I digress, let's move away from the moderation discussion and back to computers...

I'm getting pretty darn antsy waiting for Ivy Bridge, I'm not sure I can take playing on my 13" MBP til the end of the month lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    ouch, what model, mine's a 2009 13", it's terrible and gets maybe 30 fps on all low settings, never mind the whole inverted mouse thing

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and I just installed 4 Lian-Li 120mm LED fans which look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    ouch, what model, mine's a 2009 13", it's terrible and gets maybe 30 fps on all low settings, never mind the whole inverted mouse thing
    I bought it in February of 2010 apparently, I didn't think it was that old, but I was looking at the invoice the other day and noticed that.

I'm trying to figure out which CPU is in it to determine whether or not I can upgrade it, the only information I can find is that it is a "Processor 065-8489 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo".

10+ Year Old Account
    mines a 2.53Ghz core 2 duo, i think the 2011 and newer models come with a core-i cpu

i will say this though, when i need to go somewhere and take a computer with me, i prefer the macbook, which is why im looking forward to to the razer blade, its a nice inbetween of mac portability but with a decent amount of gaming power

Yeah, I actually bought mine about a month before they announced the i-core Macbooks, I wasn't very happy because it was past the return date. >=(

Any of you have any experience installing aftermarket GPU coolers? Thinking about picking up this one for my 680: http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vg...-turbo-ii.html

I put an Accelero Extreme on the GTX 460 in my audio workstation, which is honestly overkill for that card... never went above 50C with it. I mostly needed something silent because the stock heatsink fan was too loud even at idle (it was an EVGA External Exhaust version). Installing the RAM/VRM heatsinks was a bit of a pain since you have to wait for the thermal glue to dry completely before putting the main heatsink on (the smaller heatsinks will fall off when you flip the card over, and then won't want to stick again... found that out the hard way >_<)

That one should do fine on a 680, it doesn't generate a whole lot of heat (I have my fan profile set up for silence, and it peaks at 80C with MSI Kombustor running, games are usually much lower)

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw that, probably an accumulation of infractions

looking at it though, perhaps the computer forum is too moderated, not naming names, but some moderators seem to take things too seriously
    heh..if you think that forum is too moderated you should see some of the others . At least people in Computers can have fairly normal discussions. Just report the trolls and don't respond you'll be fine. But as always, if you have an issue with moderation feel free to PM the moderators or Sunshine and someone will take care of it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly have to agree. I only post a handful of times here a month for the last several months due to it.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's why this thread exists guys

IMO I'm alright with the computer forum having the most strict moderation. We are dealing with real peoples' money, we are greatly influencing their decision to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars. The quality control on the posts and information should be nothing short of the best, everything should be clear and concise.

Also they finally built a quantum computer inside a diamond:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0404161943.htm