With the exception of computer parts and 50% income tax, I'd rather remain here, tbqh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    with the exception of computer parts and internet, i'd rather live in new zealand
    So basically you wouldn't live here :P
    You do realize most my life (and countless others too) revolves around those things, especially the latter.

Due to the extremely small market, a lot of brands simply don't exist here and that doesn't just apply to PC parts. For example, there is currently only ONE shop in this country that is selling ONE 240mm radiator and I can't even confirm if they have it in stock. All other PC stores have removed their radiator listings for all sizes/brands. GPU waterblocks are non-existent. Most of the stuff on Amazon/eBay doesn't give the option to ship here, and when it does there are colossal import taxes to deal with.

You could feed yourself with takeaways for a week for the price of a single Noctua fan ($50 NZD). The ingame latency for online games which don't have oceanic servers (i.e. most MMO's) will make you punch yourself in the face.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-05-05 at 09:15 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I found my old rig from 2004 this morning when I was looking up stuff in our... what's it called in english, ceiling? XD

along with 4 boxes of Beetle Bailey & Donald Duck! Wooh!

I'm going to dust it off & see if she still got some potential The only specs I can remember from it is Core 2 Duo, can't wait to see ^^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I found my old rig from 2004 this morning when I was looking up stuff in our... what's it called in english, ceiling? XD

Loft or Attic
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Them Corsair fans.

O_O

Hope they're as amazing as almost every other product they've put out (aside from the closed-loop coolers) have been!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Update: just cleaned the GPU & reapplied thermal paste, apparently it's a 8800 :O

Parents: BE CAREFUL YOU'RE NOT BREAKING IT, COMPUTERS ARE EXPENSIVE!!1
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Parents: BE CAREFUL YOU'RE NOT BREAKING IT, COMPUTERS ARE EXPENSIVE!!1
    Yeah it's always fun explaining why you're messing around with computers to the parents. My mom was asking me earlier why on earth I would want to water cool my computer... I've realized I just have to always respond "because I can" to questions like that from them

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    My mom was asking me earlier why on earth I would want to water cool my computer... I've realized I just have to always respond "because I can" to questions like that from them
    Yep, I was constantly getting that same question from almost everyone, at first I was all nice and explained how it worked and why I chose to go that route, but by the fifth or sixth person, I was also responding with "Because I can".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Yep, I was constantly getting that same question from almost everyone, at first I was all nice and explained how it worked and why I chose to go that route, but by the fifth or sixth person, I was also responding with "Because I can".
    i've come to the same point with my computer, at first i explained about personality types and how im drawn to esoteric things, anymore it's just "because i can"

10+ Year Old Account
    First it was the coffee cup and spoon, now an insanely overpriced t-shirt.... what's next, Asus underwear?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=asus+t-shirt

Now look at the feedback! XD
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god the feedback :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Them Corsair fans.

O_O

Hope they're as amazing as almost every other product they've put out (aside from the closed-loop coolers) have been!!!
    I like the honest sounding specs, but they omit MTBF completely. That probably means sleeve bearings and questionable performance when mounted horizontally. Hopefully I'm wrong about that and these fans use a high-quality FDB instead.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-05-07 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Pros: Fits in the trash ez

Cons: Only comes in XL should come XXL this is newegg right?
    "

Hahahaha, I love the feedback on this :P

Update on my old computer, I'm having some issues with the harddrive, but I've got my day off so I'm going to tinker with it all day ^^
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-05-07 at 05:49 PM.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    so i decided to try out RAMcaching, the mods over on the ROG forums have been touting it for a few months now, its pretty much like RST but it uses RAM instead of a SSD, it does what it says, after a few loads my load times in wow were down to 2 seconds, fairly close to a RAMDisk, and programs load faster and snap in place almost the second you double click them

and now the downside, 8 hours later I'm sitting on two SSDs with fully corrupt file systems

perhaps this is a good time to try out Arch Linux

I just updated my motherboard BIOS, which should "improve stability and memory compatability" according to the Asus website. Maybe I'll give this overclocking malarky another go tomorrow.

What would you guys suggest? multiplier x46, vCore 1.3V and load line calibration to extreme? Anything else I should look out for?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-05-08 at 08:09 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I just updated my motherboard BIOS, which should "improve stability and memory compatability" according to the Asus website. Maybe I'll give this overclocking malarky another go tomorrow.

What would you guys suggest? multiplier x46, vCore 1.3V and load line calibration to extreme? Anything else I should look out for?
    offset of -0.005V and LLC of "High" or "Ultra High"

Thanks, I'll try it out later. I think one of the problems I had was because my RAM was set to 1600MHz, but I couldn't get even 4.5GHz stable at 1.35V (in the OC leaderboard I saw people getting stable much higher than that). Here's to trying again.

Deleted
    On another overclocking question o/

Just 2 things I don't understand weather I should using or not atm with this ASRock board when OC'ing this 2500k

Internal PLL overvoltage - Have this turned off, but have read some guides saying I can tweak the setting (suggesting it should be on?) for some higher overclocks. No idea what it actually does.

CPU Load Line Calibration - Have this on Level 2 atm, which I take it is the 2nd highest setting (from 1-5). I understood it as the amount the voltage can vary, #1 meaning 'varying the least', but I really have no idea if this is correct.

Looking to do a prime95 run tonight with it on 4.9GHz @ 1.425v and don't know weather these 2 are making a bigger impact than just increasing the vCore until it's stable.

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone find that after even a short period of time you get used to the clicking and clacking of mechanical keyboards? Especially the Corsair K60/90 Cherry MX Red switches (I own the K90, I know Marest owns one too, NWN owns the K60, and I believe a few others own these as well).

In my recent thread post about Linux, I noticed that I completely zoned out while typing that and don't even recall really hearing the keys, I've only owned the keyboard for 1-2 months, so, it's possible I guess I've just grown so used to it that unless I focus on it I hardly notice it.

This happen to you folks?
    "A flower.

I like the clickity clackaty noise of my K60, so I would be sad if I stopped noticing it lol.