10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Why not go all the way and get Intel 710s? :P
    the 710 is more of a server drive, and i've been rather impressed with the 520 in my laptop, i would wait for the 720, but that seems to be vaporware atm

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I may also switch from W7Ult to 2K8R2 depending on how the W8RC is
    ...why? For HyperV?
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    ...why? For HyperV?
    thats one of my reasons, the big thing though is that while they are technically the same OS, 2k8r2 is more stable and does run better, it's also better if you don't shut down/restart your system unless you have to

edit: also, 2k8r2 has LTS which 7 does not, this is evidenced by the fact that they have dropped consumer support for XP, but are still supporting 2k3

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Weee, lookit what Comcast gave me...

I want my own /32.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice avatar Cyan, you must have spent thousands of hours on it :P

So nerds, I'm in the market for some headphones, going from some crappy ~$80-100 Siberia V2's where one of the side skimps out for a few seconds every minute I'd like to spend a little more this time, but not on some headsets.

I've been looking at the Shure SRH940, which costs $330. I'll mainly be using them for gaming & got a Creative SB X-Fi Titanium.

I don't necessarily think I need a thread for a pair of headphones, just want to see if any audiophile got anything to suggest
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God Cyanotical! XD

@Inux, the SRH940s are really up there, I wonder if you'd actually need them.

Why not look at Sennheiser or Audio Technica?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the Sennheiser PC 350, I just really can't be arsed to fix the tangling cords every week, the microphone on it is horrible, if I cut the microphone away it's going to look horrible :P

I've looked at the Audio Technica abit, since CDON started selling them in Denmark, but I'm having a hard time finding the right pair :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with PC350's, they're really the top of the league (just below PC360) when it comes to headsets. I hope it hasn't put you off Sennheiser because they still make some of the best stuff available (both in build quality and sound), especially when it comes to headphones and IEM's.

CDON lists two other excellent phones:

HD598 - 1379 kr - http://cdon.dk/hjemme-elektronik/sen...hd598-12168873
    AD700 - 1399 kr - http://cdon.dk/hjemme-elektronik/aud...lsize-14749173

I can't name anything in the same league as SRH940's that I've personally had experience with because...well, they're pretty high-end and way overkill for gaming (even the two listed above are probably more than required).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-02 at 08:10 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    if the mic was bad, then you probably got a bad unit, i have 1/2 my raid team using them and they sound fine, you may want to look into returning it or an RMA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with PC350's, they're really the top of the league (just below PC360) when it comes to headsets. I hope it hasn't put you off Sennheiser because they still make some of the best stuff available (both in build quality and sound), especially when it comes to headphones and IEM's.

CDON lists two other excellent phones:

HD598 - 1379 kr - http://cdon.dk/hjemme-elektronik/sen...hd598-12168873
    AD700 - 1399 kr - http://cdon.dk/hjemme-elektronik/aud...lsize-14749173

I can't name anything in the same league as SRH940's that I've personally had experience with because...well, they're pretty high-end and way overkill for gaming (even the two listed above are probably more than required).
    Boy does the HD 598 look beautiful, thanks Xuvial

I'll look into some reviews on them later this evening. I never really liked the top part on the V2 & AD700, they just become annoying for me.

It's been a bit over a year since I bought them, they paid for themselves so I'm fine with that ^^ I still have faith in Sennheiser, unlike with Steelseries.

Thanks guys ^.^
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-06-02 at 12:47 PM.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    So after watching Linus's video on the Bitfenix Prodigy i want to pick one up for a LAN case lol, to bad its not a m-atx case the asus gene board would be sweet in it.
    What do you guys think of this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyq View Post
    So after watching Linus's video on the Bitfenix Prodigy i want to pick one up for a LAN case lol, to bad its not a m-atx case the asus gene board would be sweet in it.
    What do you guys think of this case?
    SweClockers did a review of it.

I did a mockup build for it with a reasonable budget. My main concern is the limited storage capacity, as it would benefit greatly from a large RAID0/0+1 array of tucked-away SSDs.

It has a couple of plastic cages on the back panel that can hold some SSDs, if you remove all of the hard drive cages you can mount two in the bottom. You could always just raid up a couple of 256 GB SSDs and use an external storage box for storing data.

edit:

You know what, just for fun, I thought of this, in that case:
    The two SSDs are in raid 0. Storage would be some external solution like a NAS box or Drobo.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($205.74 @ Mwave)
    Memory: G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($249.95 @ Mac Connection)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 690 4GB Video Card ($1007.86 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) ($136.99 @ eCost)
    Other: xspc Rasa 750 RX240 2x120mm water cooling kit $169.99
    Total: $2555.49
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-03 19:55 EDT-0400)
    It's silly, I know.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-06-03 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casually browsing through computersalg.dk when I see some expensive Sony laptops, seeing the pricetag of a Vaio Z, which is the one my mom got.
    *ohmygod, my moms's work BETTER NOT HAVE PAID THIS MUCH FOR SOME WORK LAPTOPS.*

Then I see similar pricetags at other stores, my moms's work f***ing paid $1700-2500 for each laptop...

No wonder the company almost shut down last year, they're fucking throwing money away. Not to mention the iPad 64GB 3G which she NEVER uses..
    What is their work? Emailing, power point & excel =/

My moms's version is the model with 256GB SSD, 2nd gen i7 & GT 330 (Which had no GPU drivers, I had to find them for myself since the IT guy had wiped everything & forgot to reinstall the GPU drivers.)

http://www.computersalg.dk/produkt/8...a2z9e-core-i7-
    http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...facetlist=true

*facedesking so hard I break the table*

Armory

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It has a couple of plastic cages on the back panel that can hold some SSDs, if you remove all of the hard drive cages you can mount two in the bottom. You could always just raid up a couple of 256 GB SSDs and use an external storage box for storing data.
    Most ITX boards only have 4 or so SATA ports anyway, so it's not like you're going to be sticking a ton of SSDs in the case to begin with. I guess it's possible to fit a RAID adapter in the second PCIe slot if you're using a GPU water block.

inux, they may have paid for the machines without VAT. Businesses in Norway at least don't have to pay VAT.

10+ Year Old Account
    They got them from a company named INU-IT, which basically is a ripoff since they charge ie. $200 for an hour of service (people too, not just companies)

There isn't any VAT on hardware/laptops in Greenland IIRC., if there is VAT then it's a very little amount.

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor viciously taxed Scandinavian people.

We had a similar thing going on @ TVH.no. I honestly wanted to just ask the chief if I could cheaply revamp the office, because we were using Final Cut on OSX, as it worked better with Fork. We also began adding a wider range of Apple hardware around the office...

However, we ran into an issue: Even though the macs worked with Fork directly, they always occupied a slot on the network as well, while we were capped at 16 clients on the network at a time... So many manhours have been spent just finding computers to disconnect from the network ever since.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't you just get another switch?