I want my radiator to come in the mail already, I want to finish my loop.
    Playing since 2007.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Don't get 8-inch studio monitors unless you have an extremely large work area and can mount them on stands. I have the Rokit 6s and they are already a little too large for a typical large desk...
    I am planning on getting a studio desk because my current one is too small to keep all my stuff on, so space won't be an issue. Studio desks have two layers, so I will be able to keep my speakers elevated and next to my monitor, while things like my keyboard, mouse, joystick and record player will remain on the main level of the desk. Space is not a big concern, I have seen the KRK Rokker 5's sitting on the desk with a 27 inch iMac inbetween them and there was enough room.

I have listened to music through both the KRK 5's and the 8's, both sound great without an asinine amount of bass.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'll probably end up getting the Adam Audio A3Xs because of their smaller size, maybe the 5s. The 7s would be a dream and would do better on either side of my drumset.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Computer related frustration of the week: Updated the motherboard bios because of promises of it being better and my AISuite bugging me every couple of days, now I get to redo my overclock. But not now, maybe at the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, some BIOS updates will indeed reset overclocks, thankfully you already know the voltages that you need.
    "A flower.

I thought I might try the offset voltage regulation, see if I can get better/lower. I couldn't get it below 1.32 in bios without it crashing before an hour of P95 was up with setting a manual voltage and I am very jealous of Protput's 1.28V vCore :/

Just got to find out how the damn off-set thing works...the "guide" pdf thing on overclockers tells you what all the options do (kind of) but doesn't seem to tell me how to use them :< Oh, and any Z77 Sabertooth OC guides use a 3570K
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-06-28 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. What sort of world-changing overclocking options does Z77 sabertooth have over P67 sabertooth? As far as I know almost all BIOS options should look almost the same in Asus's bios.

In other news, had to do a full clean removal of my 301.42(whql) drivers because it was causing GPU usage in WoW to fluctuate erratically between 50% and 100% resulting in unplayable framerates. First time I've run into issues with nVidia drivers (in my short experience). Back to trusty 296.10 drivers now, nice and stable

Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    Long-time reader of this thread, but now first time poster! I have some questions for you guys out there about cases, more specifically the Silverstone FT02 case. I've been a big fan of it's design since the first time I saw it, and I was wondering what people's opinion on it is? And for the one's who has it, are you satisfied? Was it hard to build in?
    'Tis a solid roomy case with decent features, quite popular with a LOT of builders
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-28 at 02:55 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    It's caps lock day guys!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caps_lock

International Caps Lock Day

28 June and 22 October are annually marked as International Caps Lock Days as a parody holiday first noted in 2000
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

INDEED IT IS GOOD SIR. THANKS FOR POINTING OUT.

I'M SURE THE MODS WILL ALLOW 24 HOURS OF CAPSLOCK MOTHERFUCKERY TO COMMENCE ON THE MORE "FORMAL" PARTS OF THESE FORUMS.

edit: MMO-C WON'T LET YOU DRAFT ENTIRE POSTS IN CAPS SO YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMETHING IN LOWER CASE. LAME.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-28 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    OH MY GOD1

(shift+1 with capslock active gives you 1 and not ! )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Indeed it is good sir, thanks for pointing out.

I'm sure the moderators will excuse 24 hours of capslock motherfuckery to commence on the more "formal" parts of these forums.
    I am sure they totally will!

(not)
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited. Carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bahahaha.

You didn't know that already? Websites have been doing things like that for years.
    "A flower.

A site I frequent doesn't because the admin SOMETIMES LIKES TO SHOUT!

That setting also screws with smilie-only posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That is the Manuel I know of
    Spot on sire!

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Computer related frustration of the week:
    *day

At work today a gentleman phoned in asking for help. As my duty is to take care of customer support I gladly offered my assistance. The gentleman at the other end of the phone had an issue with one of the products we sell, but as he was unable to explain the problem in detail I asked of him to take a photo and send an e-mail as this would be easier for me to process. I gave him the address and we hung up.

Minutes later he phoned back and said that it didn't work. Something about HTP - he had also attempted different spellings. I gave him my colleges e-mail adress assuming that it was just an issue with my e-mail and I knew that his worked. We hung up yet again, but he phoned back just minutes later.

It turned out that he had attempted to put my e-mail in the adress-field in his browser, attempting both www.myemail@company.se and http://myemail@company.se without luck.

Oy vey.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-06-28 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Did the forum layout change a little? If so it sucks (no offense)

There was something about it on the main page, they were doing some sort of back-end maintenance about an hour ago, looks like it borked some of the layout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borked? IMPROVED! They added an instant-unsbuscribe and instant-reply link! FINALLY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    'Tis a solid roomy case with decent features, quite popular with a LOT of builders
    Would you consider the building part being more difficult than in a case with the standard lay-out?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderzon View Post
    Would you consider the building part being more difficult than in a case with the standard lay-out?
    It has less room behind the motherboard tray that many of the newest cases, but probably more than most cheaper cases from a couple years ago. It also doesn't have any rubber grommets for tidiness and barely any room between the 5.25" bays and the motherboard tray.

To say the FT02 is roomy is a bit misleading. The case is huge, but it is relatively cramped inside.