Yeah, I like that TTL will tell you what is wrong with a product, even if it means his relationship with that company is going to become a little frosty (I think I remember him absolutely slamming a case - and rightly so - and it taking a while before they sent him a new product to review.) Too many reviewers seem so frightened about falling out with a manufacturer that they either gloss over or downright neglect to mention the things that are wrong with a product.

Presumably he always mentions whether an H100 will fit in the case because he gets asked that a hundred times a day.

Butler Log, you're almost guaranteed to be talking about his review of the NZXT H2, which made NZXT throw an absolute hissyfit. Only when the Switch 810 came did they send him a sample again.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    (I think I remember him absolutely slamming a case - and rightly so - and it taking a while before they sent him a new product to review.)
    NZXT H2 I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Butler Log, you're almost guaranteed to be talking about his review of the NZXT H2, which made NZXT throw an absolute hissyfit. Only when the Switch 810 came did they send him a sample again.
    thoughts of case designers crying and slamming their pens down on the table just came to mind

Deleted
    The NZXT H2 isn't that bad of a case. A lot of TTL's bashing was justified, albeit exxagurated. Next to the R3 it's generally considered worse, but at the same time the R3 is a really good case.

I find he stepped on a few toes too many when he made his H2 review and H2 vs R3 video. He took the criticism personal - something a reviewer should never do - and acted a bit... butthurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best part is when he goes: "So that's pretty much it, then" at the end of the video. Still 15 minutes left to go! xD

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest and say, TTL called me a noob on his wall on his own Facebook some months ago. I was asking him about how to make other things show up in the MSI Afterburner overlay in a game, and he was like, well, you're being a noob, go back and look again. Guess what? I figured it out. :P

Anyways, yes it was about the H2, but honestly, when he made the first review, people were like, "OMFG YOU'RE WRONG I <3 MY PLASTIC PIECE OF TRASH!!!"

Then he was like, well, you guys tried defending it, now I will point out the flaws in comparison.

The H2 IS garbage and frankly, I am happy he was man enough to take on NZXT head-on. And then they thought he'd bash anything of theirs, nope, he fucking loved the Havik 140 and the 810.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'll be honest and say, TTL called me a noob on his wall on his own Facebook some months ago. I was asking him about how to make other things show up in the MSI Afterburner overlay in a game, and he was like, well, you're being a noob, go back and look again. Guess what? I figured it out. :P
    I was watching his 690 SLI vid (I think it was that one), and he goes: "well if you can't figure out how to make afterburner put info on your screen, you need to go back to noob school."

He remembers you bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    I was watching his 690 SLI vid (I think it was that one), and he goes: "well if you can't figure out how to make afterburner put info on your screen, you need to go back to noob school."

He remembers you bro!
    lol I asked him a while back, I am sure he's had others ask, because he's been talking about it since before I asked. :P
    "A flower.

Random question, has anyone tried the Logitech Z906's? I'm in the market for new speakers and I thought I should treat myself with a good setup.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Z906's are $340 in the US.

For $340, I can get a truly much better set of speakers, btw, you don't need 5.1/7.1. 2.1 is best for music, if that's going to be a primary use, and they can be good enough for virtual 5.1/7.1 anyways.

Here's what I'd get with such a budget, granted costs might be different in Australia.

Two of these: http://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G2-Powe...1&keywords=KRK

Then save up for a sub.

Boom, you just blew away ANYTHING Logitech or any other computer speakers company can or ever will make.
    "A flower.

The reason I was looking at them is because I could potentially use them as a home theatre setup as well(allbeit a cheap one) as well as general use for music/games/movies. But those you linked are not bad, although I'm expecting the price to be much higher here >.> lol

edit: well what do ya know, $219 per speaker is the cheapest so far.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-09-14 at 06:09 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted they are studio monitors, and thus push a very flat range of sound, studio monitors, if you ask me, truly overpower stereo/consumer grade speakers. And computer speakers don't even compare at all. I have a pair of Samson Media ONE 3A monitors, little bitty guys, but holy shit do they get loud and sound amazing. For only two little 3" woofers and 1" tweeters, you'd think I was hiding some massive speakers in the room, too. :P

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 06:35 AM ----------

How much are the Logitech Z906's in Australia?
    "A flower.

$335, so about the same as there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah damn, that sucks. Hmm. Let's do some shopping. :P

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 06:40 AM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

These are a bit smaller, buttttttt, you might like them still.

Have heard some good things about these, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Mackie-MR5mk2-...tudio+monitors
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Random question, has anyone tried the Logitech Z906's? I'm in the market for new speakers and I thought I should treat myself with a good setup.
    They are poop. If you have to have "computer speakers" rather than speakers, go with the Corsair SP-2500. Otherwise get a good 2.0/2.1 speaker setup.
    &nbsp;

Hmm I may pick up the 2500's, is there any reason to get a proper soundcard?

Deleted
    eey figured i'd finally drop by in the part of the forums :P
    kinda wondering if people got any advice on good portable gaming mice for laptop.
    been looking at some cyborg rats and roccat ones but nothing stood out so far.

Deleted
    Oh man, typing and gaming on a mechanical keyboard feels so nice D:

Using WASD is so different now too, I have to watch out not pressing it even lightly or it will register

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Oh man, typing and gaming on a mechanical keyboard feels so nice D:

Using WASD is so different now too, I have to watch out not pressing it even lightly or it will register
    What keyboard have you bought?