10+ Year Old Account
    What switches does it use?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    so i really like the new 306 drivers, quad-SLI runs fairly smooth and stable

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dear God WANT.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It used Reds

10+ Year Old Account
    Cherry reds only, doesn't come in anything else. Still probably one of the best gaming-oriented mech keyboard for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Hmm I may pick up the 2500's, is there any reason to get a proper soundcard?
    Because your speakers are only going to sound as good as what you feed them : /
    Striking a balance for the budget is key - you won't fit a Ferrari with go-kart wheels, or a Toyota hatchback with monster truck tyres.

I own SP2500's and I would say to drive them to their potential, purchasing atleast Asus Xonar DS ($60-70 AU) would be ideal to round-off your PC audio setup for a long time.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Because your speakers are only going to sound as good as what you feed them : /
    Striking a balance for the budget is key - you won't fit a Ferrari with go-kart wheels, or a Toyota hatchback with monster truck tyres.

I own SP2500's and I would say to drive them to their potential, purchasing atleast Asus Xonar DS ($60-70 AU) would be ideal to round-off your PC audio setup for a long time.
    I know that you can get superior sound out with some speakers, I wasnt sure about the ones in question though. Thanks
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-09-15 at 12:49 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    you won't fit a Ferrari with go-kart wheels, or a Toyota hatchback with monster truck tyres.
    i take it you haven't been to america?

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I know that you can get superior sound out with some speakers, I wasnt sure about the ones in question though. Thanks
    the SP2500's are pretty much the best sound you can get from a set of computer speakers, to get better sound you need to start looking in to audiophile speakers or studio monitors

there are a bunch of us the prefer studio monitors because they have a flat sound which allows for more diverse tweaking with an equalizer, or in my case i just prefer flat sound
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-09-15 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i take it you haven't been to america?
    *shudder*

No, no I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    the SP2500's are pretty much the best sound you can get from a set of computer speakers, to get better sound you need to start looking in to audiophile speakers or studio monitors

there are a bunch of us the prefer studio monitors because they have a flat sound which allows for more diverse tweaking with an equalizer, or in my case i just prefer flat sound
    As far as I've dug, the Corsairs are said to be some of the best bang for the buck speakers.
    Obviously every goddamn FORUM thread I've seen on this has been nothing short of black-hole arguments - i.e. people with studio monitors who have never heard SP2500's and believe all "PC speakers" are pieces of shit, and people with SP2500's who have never heard decent studio monitors and feel their speakers are the next big thing since sliced Jesus bread. Way too biased, nobody was getting anywhere *sigh*

So that really leaves reviews, they were all I could go on...and most reviews give it a really high value rating along with overall high scores, even JonnyGuru gave it 10/10 for value (and that guy is fucking hard to please) so I concluded that they must perform equal or better than monitors in their price range. I also saw some Newegg feedback of people saying they were a great alternative to monitors...but then again, like 80% of the feedback was people coming from $30 Logitech speakers and discovering sliced Jesus bread.

/shrug

I'm fairly happy with my sliced Jesus bread so far. The #1 complaint people had was with the length of the cables, and Corsair immediately sent out new replacement cables (10 feet long) for free to anyone who asked/complained lol.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-15 at 08:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I googled "Shitty car nice wheels" and this was the first thing to come up...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black...11023668995994

Definitely America.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-09-16 at 06:05 AM.
    "A flower.

Lol we have plenty of those here too, people are funny like that. They take a $1000 car and put in a $5000 sound system, rims, a paint job and some even get hydraulics.. I've never understood why they do it lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it makes it unique. It doesn't have to look like shit. You can take something relatively cheap and make it look awesome when you spend some time on it.

Then you can of course make it look like crap if the only thing you upgrade is the rims. Basically the option for someone who doesn't have money nor the skill.

Indeed, but most I've seen do a shit job, ie crappy rims and a fancy sound system and think they're driving a ferrari lol.

So I googled "Shitty car nice wheels" and this was the first thing to come up...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black...11023668995994

Definitely America.
    Does that stuff get through vehicle inspection? The fuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's a Ferrari to them, w/e none of my concern etc etc. They can LOOK as trashy as they like.

It's when they SOUND however they like, that's when I feel like I had a grenade to toss into their window, because I can't do anything about it.
    Removing the silencer and adding those volume-increasing exhausts (or whatever they're called) should be punished with prison time, along with blasting music which can be heard heard by the entire street (or at 2am in the morning). It's all in the name of seeking attention and being disrespectful.

I'm probably sounding like an old coot who shakes their walking stick at people, but meh...I am who I am!
    *guns down a poor farm animal in GW2 out of frustration*
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-16 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that has as much to do with driving style as anything, i have a 3" turbo back straight through exhaust, but i don't drive full throttle, i generally try to drive as quiet as possible, but it's nice to hear the exhaust every once in a while, but there are derps that bolt that same kind of exhaust to their non turbo honda and drive around full throttle while accelerating and then sit in 3rd gear on the highway

10+ Year Old Account
    Driving style eh? Interesting stuff.

Like my PC, my next car's gotta be as quiet as possible so I can have minimum distortion while listening to music while driving(speakers or IEM's). Hopefully not one of those 1.3 litre eco-green hatchbacks which look like they're made out of plastic (yuck), should have enough to feel zippy and accelerate quickly uphill (NZ roads are NOT flat, not even in the city), but still as quiet as possible.

Hmm too bad with cars you can't get both quietness and performance like you can with a watercooled PC :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-16 at 06:53 PM.

Driving style eh? Interesting stuff.

Like my PC, my next car's gotta be as quiet as possible so I can have minimum distortion while listening to music while driving(speakers or IEM's). Hopefully not one of those 1.3 litre eco-green hatchbacks which look like they're made out of plastic (yuck), should have enough to feel zippy and accelerate quickly uphill (NZ roads are NOT flat, not even in the city), but still as quiet as possible.

Hmm too bad with cars you can't get both quietness and performance like you can with a watercooled PC :P
    Electric motors. Practically silent and can deliver very impressive performance. Of course, the batteries are the issue now, but when (if) they get that sorted...

Meh. Cars. I can't really say it's an exciting topic. :P
    I very much doubt I'll ever have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, a car is more a necessity in the US, especially out west where your job can be up to 60 miles away from where you live, public transportation is terrible in most places and if you try riding a bike you will be the most hated person on the road, nobody likes bicyclists