Are you completely sure of that...?

Pretty nice vídeo, but it didn't work when I tried =[

I've been about in less -40° (the only point where Celsius and Fahrenheit coincide) in a T-shirt walking between buildings. It wasn't too awful, since that place had a very non-humid coldness without wind. Yes, it was still cold, but I've felt colder at -20°C/-4°F with a 95~% humid environment and wind.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine for short periods of time. I used to work outside last winter wearing just a hoodie in the -20's. Doesn't feel cold when you come from the warm and keep moving. Just like having a sauna break outside naked, you can sit in -30 and be perfectly comfortable for 5-10 minutes. :P

It's when you spend longer times in the extreme temperatures when you realise what cold truely is. Twenty hours outside ranging from -20 to -30 degrees and 4 hours sleep in -10. For a week, with no chance to warm up. Yeah that's cold.

So, my parts came in, and the heatfins on the D14 are damn near touching the PCB of my video card, we're talking 1-2mm at most...

What do you guys suggest I do? I was thinking maybe getting a piece of rubber in between them, but I suppose I could also return the D14 for a smaller air cooler (maybe the NZXT Havik 120 or Noctua NH-U12P).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-09-20 at 01:31 PM.

Or just use them like normal. I have an ASUS Xonar DX between an NH-D14 and a Direct Cu II triple-slot cooler. =)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Or just use them like normal. I have an ASUS Xonar DX between an NH-D14 and a Direct Cu II triple-slot cooler. =)
    Oh, that makes me feel better, I was all worried about causing a short. I actually bent in the fan clips so they're flush with the fins, and also wrapped them in electrical tape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would they cause a short. :-) The cooler is connected to the same board as the graphics card and neither surface is carrying an electric current.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-09-20 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Why would they cause a short. :-) The cooler is connected to the same board as the graphics card and neither surface is carrying an electric current.
    I don't know, friction causing static electricity? I've just always been told to be weary at things rubbing against each other inside a PC lol.

Although, Noctua does recommend you insult the fan mount clips if they're near your PCB: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=f...id=53&lng=en#1

15+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it...

Yeah, maybe a piece of electrical tape wouldn't hurt anyone. I was somehow thinking of a card with a backplate.

I'm awful with laws regarding electricity anyway, remind me next time I sprout witty comments like that.

I've seen this a few months ago, but now when we're finally creeping closer, it does make me happy to see.

We really need AMD to succeed now. 20% increased IPC, and those stock/turbo speeds... It won't outright beat Ivy Bridge, but better than Sandy Bridge out of the box? I can hope. They may still overclock as well. (I have no idea)
    It will also help that intel really cannot make chipsets, where AMDs are surprisingly good.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i went and priced out a 4k monitor, i about shit myself when i saw the price, they average about $10-50k

10+ Year Old Account
    $10-50k what? USD??
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    so i went and priced out a 4k monitor, i about shit myself when i saw the price, they average about $10-50k
    Give it 4 months, I'm sure the prices will drop significantly.

But for the record, where did you price it?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Huh. Already as cheap as 10k USD, eh? Last i checked, the ones over here cost five times that. And were va-panels. <3
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    So this looks rather intriguing...

http://power-grid.roccat.org/
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Very. Shame it's not available for WP yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or Android. :|

I think I've seen that or something similiar before. Something to dock in a keyboard to use your phone as an accessory/gamepad. Huh. Maybe it was this in an earlier stage? That did look a bit more limited than this Roccat thing though.

Also. Dell S2440L. Glossy 16:9 VA-panel. Mmmm.
    It's connectivity (VGA+HDMI) is godawful though. Who has a GPU with HDMI at all?! Let alone three? DP->DVI->HDMI adapters for three? Ugh.
    &nbsp;

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    So this looks rather intriguing...

http://power-grid.roccat.org/
    Interesting but I don't think I'll use it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I think I've seen that or something similiar before. Something to dock in a keyboard to use your phone as an accessory/gamepad. Huh. Maybe it was this in an earlier stage? That did look a bit more limited than this Roccat thing though.

Also. Dell S2440L. Glossy 16:9 VA-panel. Mmmm.
    It's connectivity (VGA+HDMI) is godawful though. Who has a GPU with HDMI at all?! Let alone three? DP->DVI->HDMI adapters for three? Ugh.
    Ugh and it's LED backlit. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of VA panels. Too much colour shift, and the response time is poor. Some even suffer from input lag from what I hear.

I also don't like glossy screens, personally.