The response time is faster on that than on the IPS-panels in the S-series, ie 6ms.
    VA is fantastic if you ever watch movies. TN panels and IPS panels have way too poopy blacklevels for my taste.
    Matte screens are destroyed with AG-coating though. The older UltraSharps are clear examples.

And no, they are not LED-backlit. To this day, I've only seen two backlit LED-monitors. These are edgelit.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    What's wrong with the coating on the older Ultrasharps? I dulls the colour a bit yes, but in the end it's all more uniform and crisp. Far easier on the eyes than a glossy screen.
    red panda red panda red panda!

I wouldn't consider a non-glossy screen compared to a glossy screen ever "easier on the eyes". :P
    And the older AG-coating makes the screen look dirty and grainy (not in absolute terms, but if you've ever sat in front of a glass-panelled 30" 16:10 IPS, wow what a difference).

15+ Year Old Account
    Do iMac screens count? They are glass covered glossy IPS screens. I can't stand them.

I think they use the same LG-panels as Dell's does, at least in Cinema Display-monitors.
    Why's that? Are you in an improperly lit room and thus reflections, or something in the image representation itself?

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 03:50 AM ----------

I finally remembered where I remembered that guy from!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember him more as the guy who did the "Did Apple really invent anything?" video, it was so much full of truth.

Anyway lets get back on TOPIC. I was in a mouse thread regarding how long stuff lasts, and it got me thinking....

I'm yet to own a toaster that doesn't keep breaking every year. I'm careful with them, but eventually something in the mechanism starts failing or the electronics inside causes my house's power to short. It's a fucking TOASTER, how the hell can it go so wrong?

Our 900w microwave lasted over 12 years - yes 12 years, we had bought it back in 2000. I don't even know which company made it, all the writing/stickers had faded off as a result of it being wiped clean so often :P. Sadly the internal light finally gave out last month, and that was just the light...it was still fully functional lol, it would probably still have kept working till 2020. Now THAT is what you call durability.

I'm thinking of buying one of those really expensive brushed-metal toasters (aluminium are they?), I'm sure to get better build quality.

I'll be sure to check reviews on the toaster, check out the feedback, do a little research here and there. Y'know, the usual stuff. After building a PC, the prospect of looking for toasters isn't all that scary anymore.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Stop sticking a knife in there to retrieve stuck toast

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 12:13 PM ----------

hmm...watching that TTL video...yeah, probably faked the temps but windchill factor?

*A sound like a 747 starting its engines*

"I can't hear it!"
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-09-24 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I remember him more as the guy who did the "Did Apple really invent anything?" video, it was so much full of truth.
    Yeah, that's where I saw him and realised he nudged my memory. And now I found those where I remembered him from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Anyway lets get back on TOPIC. I was in a mouse thread regarding how long stuff lasts, and it got me thinking....

I'm yet to own a toaster that doesn't keep breaking every year. I'm careful with them, but eventually something in the mechanism starts failing or the electronics inside causes my house's power to short. It's a fucking TOASTER, how the hell can it go so wrong?

Our 900w microwave lasted over 12 years - yes 12 years, we had bought it back in 2000. I don't even know which company made it, all the writing/stickers had faded off as a result of it being wiped clean so often :P. Sadly the internal light finally gave out last month, and that was just the light...it was still fully functional lol, it would probably still have kept working till 2020. Now THAT is what you call durability.

I'm thinking of buying one of those really expensive brushed-metal toasters (aluminium are they?), I'm sure to get better build quality.

I'll be sure to check reviews on the toaster, check out the feedback, do a little research here and there. Y'know, the usual stuff. After building a PC, the prospect of looking for toasters isn't all that scary anymore.
    I have the same problem with toasters. My current toaster was working fine when I got it a few months ago, now it has a habit of doing one slice perfect, and taking the other slice through the fires of hell itself.

We have a flywheel powered guillotine style stock cutter at work that's over 100 years old. It was originally powered by central belts in a factory, but we rigged an electric motor to it when we got it. Works perfectly. THAT'S durability.

Deleted
    Btw anyone here got any idea how time consuming it would be to create a dual boot with W7 + linux?
    using linux for school applications but i want to become more experienced in how to work better with it. (school being radiation treatmentplanning/rendering and/or adapting CT images)

Last (and only time) I did it, it took an hour.

10+ Year Old Account

Spot the guy who's most excited about MoP

Also, geegee.

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Are those.. Are those condoms lying next to your keyboard? Tssk. What would Mette say?

10+ Year Old Account
    You wish :P

They're glasses/lens wipes, it's my first time having a pair of glasses & I somehow keep making fingerprints on them.

Not blaming you though, they do look like condoms xD
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-09-25 at 12:15 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Are those.. Are those condoms lying next to your keyboard? Tssk. What would Mette say?
    Funny, I just said that to inux94 as well. I thought the same thing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I remember, you were done with WoW/all MMOs, Inux.

Sucker.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Last I remember, you were done with WoW/all MMOs, Inux.

Sucker.
    Nobody is ever "done" with MMOs, they always come back

*evillaugh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Herrow IcedWarrior <3 Welcome!

My classmates managed to get me pumped 3 days before the release, so I went ahead & bought it

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait you already bought GW2 before MoP right

Please tell me you bought GW2 >_<
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only person in the world that finds GW2's combat system atrocious?