Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm in love with my mechanical keyboard. Obviously. It's a shame the Logitech G710 has orange accents and grey WASD/arrow-keys.

I want a tenkeyless keyboard as well, and ones with blue switches and buttons who doesn't fade after time. Which means laser-etched, which usually means backlit, or the ninja-approach á la Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Ninja.

I was looking at this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvhMYH_n_oU , and while tacky and cute, did interest me. It's not availible in a Swedish layout however, and that means it's not an option.

This will be an expensive six months for me, hardware and peripheral-wise. Big plans.
    what kind of big plans you got?

I've got ALL the plans.
    I might have more to say when it draws closer.

Deleted
    such a tease pfff
    guessing some badass machine one of a kind style hehe

Deleted
    Well, that's just a name. I had "Project Piranha" for my main computer as a... well, just for fun really. Same here. It doesn't mean anything.

Anyway...

Deleted
    naming that makes no sense , my recent oc that makes no sense.
    im starting to think mmo-c is starting to drive me insane already
    aah well starts "can i play with madness"
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-10-09 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well, that's just a name. I had "Project Piranha" for my main computer as a... well, just for fun really. Same here. It doesn't mean anything.

Anyway...
    I'm starting to think you're doing something like TTL did with 40 fans.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-10-10 at 01:07 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I'm starting to think you're doing something like TTL did with 40 fans.
    Well... no. It's less "interesting" than that. Sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    You should call it project Narwhal.

Because Narwhals are awesome.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still going to be exciting regardless ^^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Hey guys and gals, been following the thread for a bit now, want to get into overclocking, is there a good program that I could use?

Also, my current mouse is a 3-4 year old Toshiba Gaming X20 (Link to a webpage showing what it is: http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/toshiba...-33625378.html)
    I really enjoy how light it is and some of the various functions it has, such as the ability to click multiple times in one click (great for FPS games), and I must admit, I like how loud it clicks.

Anyways, does anyone know of a mouse that is similar to it? Cheers

Lastly, I have a two monitor setup, but both monitors are a different resolution, size, and refresh rate (Monitor one, 1280x1024 resolution, 75 hertz refresh rate, and larger than the other monitor) (Monitor two, 1440x900 resolution, 60 hertz refresh rate, smaller than monitor one). That doesn't really bother me (The differences in refresh rate I notice, but doesn't bother me either), the smaller monitor is elevated enough so that it is centered how I like it, but for some reason whenever the computer turns off the display/sleeps and I wiggle the mouse for it to wake up, monitor 2 will sometimes come back with a jagged screen tearing affect and I have to turn it off for a little bit and usually when I turn it back on after a couple of minutes, it's just fine.

Could something with the refresh rate/resolution differences be causing that?
    Argh why do people keep thinking this is the place to ask full-blown questions which deserve their own thread :S

We'd love to answer your questions mate, but they will be best answered if you make a thread here: Computer Forums

In this chat thread you'll simply get derailed (quickly).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-10-10 at 04:34 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Some general pointers, however.

Overclocking the CPU is done via BIOS (or UEFI if you're a newf.. I mean, have socket LGA2011 or LGA1155), but monitored and stability-tested through software. Good ones to get for these purposes are OCCTPT, Prime95, CPU-Z and CoreTemp. If you will overclock a GPU rather than the CPU, you can use software like the MSI Afterburner, which is a fine multi-tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Well... no. It's less "interesting" than that. Sorry.

<snip>
    pico psu

a friend of mine uses them, he has a stack of 4 mITX boards run by them all coming off of a single 500w PSU

Quick question, did Intel ever "officially" state when Haswell is going to be released?
    Playing since 2007.

It's way too soon to say yet. And if you are thinking of upgrading for yourself, you are unlikely to notice a real increase, I'd advice you to skip a socket. I'd notice a bigger increase going to an i7-860 from my i5-760 than to an i5-3570K for my uses, for instance. (What they have said is 1H2013)

Also. I've realised the elitist in me can't pick people up anymore. People claim "wesc, skullcandy and beats by dre is amazing sound. if you think otherwise you likely just got a bad copy".
    &nbsp;

Well, my 2500k is getting a bit old. Isn't Haswell rumored to be like 25-40% faster than IB? Considering IB is 4-8% faster than SB, it seems like a worthwhile upgrade.
    Playing since 2007.

Whatever are you doing with your PC that an i5 2500K with a 36% overclock cannot muster? :P
    I can't throw anything at my i5 760 that really comes down to the CPU being the limiting factor.
    Or is this just a "I want something new" rather than "I need something new"?

The only reason I'm getting haswell whatsoever, is that my motherboard is holding me back. Switching motherboard within 1156 doesn't seem that worthwile, with the limited supply.
    &nbsp;

Mainly looking for an upgrade. ( and possibly a chip that doesn't require 1.372v for 4.5ghz :< )
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-10-10 at 06:02 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

(: I know that feeling. 3.8GHz 1.216vCore, 4.0 GHz and beyond 1.39vCore.

However, I would personally get a new case if I were you, in the mATX formfactor. Like an Arc Midi, Silverstone TJ08E or similiar.
    Or a 2560x1440 monitor.
    If you don't intend to run dual graphics cards or plenty-plenty expansion cards, mATX is such a fun environment to build in, and keep around.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-10-10 at 06:10 PM. Reason: forgot a number, brilliant.
    &nbsp;

I actually want to replace this case, it's decent. but lacking a-lot. Cable management is horrible and it's not even painted on the inside. Not to mention that it doesn't even have a 2.5" SSD bay...

As to a 2560x1440p monitor. I play a-lot of First person shooters, the 120hz is a day and night difference. I'm just waiting for 1440p 120hz monitors, too bad they don't sell 2B Catleaps anymore.
    Playing since 2007.

I'd be more of a fan of 120Hz monitors if the FPS games of today were faster-paced. I'm not saying there's no difference, as it is noticable, but not noticable enough for me to pass on the good image.
    I want a new Quake/Unreal Tournament game.
    &nbsp;