I like windows, but personally it doesn't bother me one way or the other per se. As long as they don't try the halfway solution that winds up being completely ass. (Vengeance C70 being a prime example of a bad window.)

As long as they don't put a bloody fan mount over the graphics card(s) because the way that drilled perspex refracts light means taht the windows is totally opaque right there, which completely negates the point of a bloody case window.

Deleted
    I generally like windows too, but only when it's done right.

There's people who get a tower with a window only to have a complete cable-mess to show, with tacky LEDs spread around the interior. Then there's people who spend tons of time on cable management, setting up a watercooling loop, ordering custom back-plates and/or other components, colour-matching parts, etc. Those builds warrant a window to show the excellent work, however I don't find a window to be necessarily required either. It's up to the end user.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would actually have to consider if I really needed the window if it wasn't for the iffy powder coating on my current door which needs replacing. At one spot it attracts dust and skin from hands and looks constantly dirty. :S

It wasn't until recently that I changed my opinion about windows actually. I was against them to the point when I upgraded my setup and now it looks so pretty that I sometimes leave the door open just for admiration.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-10-14 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I saw a mouse with Cherry MX...

http://www.leetgion.com/products.php
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    There's people who get a tower with a window only to have a complete cable-mess to show, with tacky LEDs spread around the interior.
    Well...I hope my LED's aren't considered tacky :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    windows are all about what someone wants to show.
    it's really neat with matching colors and good cable management other way around not so much
    actually considered it but my pc is pretty much out of side so i decided not to take one.
    also bored as shit, windows backup restore working for 16h and only halfway QQ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well...I hope my LED's aren't considered tacky :S
    You have a very neat thing going on there, no worries in my opinion. :P I just ordered six of those air flow series fans actually. And received my new screen for test use! o_o

Does a new screen warrant a set of new pictures in the post your setup? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Does a new screen warrant a set of new pictures in the post your setup? :>
    It's less of a "post your gaming setup" thread and more of "post some goddamn pics for people to gawk at" thread :P
    So yeah, if you have pics of anything computer-related then of course it warrants a post

The ones that are kind of annoying are 1-line posts of someone saying "getting a new gpu soon, will post pics." I mean what the hell, it's great they're getting a new gpu but posts like that could almost be considered spam.
    It's like me saying "Getting gtx 780 next year, will post pics." Means nothing o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh seen one "holy batman godly desk build" seen them all :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Holy cow.

I so badly want to make something like that now >_>

Another thing added to the list of "Things I can't afford"
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Soo...since when do you not need to restart the computer when updating your graphics card driver? Just updated from 12.6 to 12.8 and it didn't need to reboot (I did a reboot anyway).

Now that I think about it, I don't remember restarting for the last couple driver updates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Soo...since when do you not need to restart the computer when updating your graphics card driver? Just updated from 12.6 to 12.8 and it didn't need to reboot (I did a reboot anyway).
    That's the attitude. :P Trying to improve the update experience and people reboot anyway.

Now that you mention.. Haven't updated my graphics driver in a while.. hmm..

Even beats the GTX 680 Lightning in Battlefield 3!

A better way of phrasing that would be, it beats an nVidia card in an nVidia-ish game! (which even the normal 7970 does in Arkham City thanks to new drivers apparantly)

But yeah, it's completely reworked and unleashes the overclocking potentials of the cherry-picked GPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hmm I've always had to restart when installing but I always uninstall the old driver/driversweep in safemode first(kinda SOP for me by now). Maybe you don't need to restart if you just install over the old drivers?
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

CCC tells you if there is a new version available, you can then click on "update now", then you press OK a couple of times, it downloads and then installs the driver software, and then you are done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, over million views in the 'Post your gaming setup'. Impressive.