Damage control. They already got rid of all the 'mid-range executives', ie, people who don't actually do any work for the company, but lift a lot of salary.
    It was inevitable given the figures they've posted. The problem is that they still suffer from the guerilla tactics launched by intel several years ago toward the OEM market.

15+ Year Old Account
    ..Or I don't know, maybe they just need to cut the fucking slack and hit the marker with a proper high end chip instead of a complete joke the bulldozer and piledriver were? I take my words back, even a decent one would do. One that could match the current Intel technology that was designed two years ago.

And I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding Intel's guerrilla marketing, it's AMD that's been doing it the past years. Targeting the low end market and making it's profit from there. Or maybe I'm not getting your point, you'll have to be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    @Imnick, that usually means that people arent sure what is causing your problem.
    I don't hold it against anyone that they don't know how to reply, it'd just be nice if someone knew some sites where they quite possibly do
    That is why I asked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick
    I don't hold it against anyone that they don't know how to reply, it'd just be nice if someone knew some sites where they quite possibly do
    That is why I asked.
    None. This is the most knowledged site in the internets. :> Period. Maybe your problem is unsolvable!
    (no I cannot recommend any site)

On a side note, my case fan modding process failed terribly. I waited 2 weeks for my Corsair AF120 fans to arrive, picked them up today. When I got home I noticed that I was one double pack short, seems like they forgot to ship one of them. Next thing I open up my case determined to install what I have now anyway. Major facepalm at myself. The old fans in Fractal Arc Midi are infact 140mm (kind of obvious now) instead of 120mm as I originally thought.

Now I'm left pondering if I should leave the fractal 140 fans in the front (doesn't support 120) and put corsairs in every other hole or send everything back and get 140's. Feels like I'm downgrading if I put 120's in. :/

That depends. What sort of fans are you going? Airflow or static pressure?

15+ Year Old Account
    AF's are the airflow ones. And if I decide to buy the 140's instead, those are only available as airflows at the moment I think.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-10-31 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm yep, if I stared at 140mm's long enough I'll also probably end up getting convinced they're 120mm's :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    AF's are the airflow ones. And if I decide to buy the 140's instead, those are only available as airflows at the moment I think.
    Derped when reading and missed the AF part. :P Then 140mm fans will be just as good. If not better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I suppose it is 140's then. And I was experiencing some "small hands theory" while test running the smaller fans. Those things just look too small in there and make everything look bigger. Not in a good way.

Also, say whaat?

Edit: Just realized all my tabs are shown. Good that I didn't have anything embarrassing open.
    Redit: Also noticed that there's threads like mushrooms about this. I'm not special?
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2012-11-01 at 04:31 PM.

There's currently an issue with malware on MMO-champ, pretty annoying as I have to keep clicking "proceed anyway" on each new tab I open.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    a quick question for you guys, how will a gtx 670 hold up on bf3 on a 1440p monitor?
    im planning to get a new screen soon, but if the framerate is really horrid i may have to sli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by detri View Post
    a quick question for you guys, how will a gtx 670 hold up on bf3 on a 1440p monitor?
    im planning to get a new screen soon, but if the framerate is really horrid i may have to sli.
    couldnt tell you, i have bf3, but i've been so pissed at EA/origin that i havent played it pretty much since launch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by detri View Post
    Couldn't find 1440p benches so just take an average between 1080p/1200p/1600p in these benches:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6159/t...0-ti-review/13
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,19.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3200-5.html
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Wow, Windows 7 system restore is really simple. You just click a button, it tells you what changes will be made and 5 minutes later my PC is how it was before I went and updated AISuite which didn't like being updated. One of those things that you never need, until you need it, and then it needs to work.

Deleted
    Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

Bluescreen galore here >< Is there a way to find out if it's hardware or software related? Error codes are different every time...

Then it may be different reasons! Did you change anything recently? New drivers? Because the latest beta-drivers from AMD have had problems, or so I've heard.
    &nbsp;

12.10 has been having a load of problems, which is why I'm sticking with 12.8 for now.

"page error in non paged area" or something similar like that, I've read that one a couple of times on the blue screen, together with a .sys file. I hope it's a corrupt windows installation...

0 blue screens for 3 weeks, OC'd my gpu and cpu again, and bam... No idea if it's related tho...

0x000000050 was my last one.

Edit: went to 12.10 a few days ago... Could be related?

12.11 is the one that's unstable. +~15% performance boost, but also not as stable, since it's apparantly a complete re-write.
    But beta is beta.
    &nbsp;