Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Z77 + firmware update for near-instant boot? Add 3770k to previously mentioned bundle? Or more RAM? Maybe shinier RAM.
    why would i upgrade my already one of a kind cpu? xD
    i must say thinking of going 27" ips screens is tempting (dual setup likely) or GPU route, since i don't have the need for more ram currently. on the other hand raid 0 ssd setup comes to mind aswell.
    problem with most of these upgrades is that i won't get a big direct upgrade performance wise.

27" IPS monitor then. You're just going to stare fondly at the screen for a while by the sound of it.

...then be infuriated with YouTube's retarded design-teams.

Deleted
    27" IPS monitor then. You're just going to stare fondly at the screen for a while by the sound of it.

...then be infuriated with YouTube's retarded design-teams.
    well i was already planning for it but more later in time. (intended to combine it with 7xx likely, in order to maintain top notch performance)
    side note on the funds ranges from 0 to 1k euro depending on how well my x-mass payments will be ^^ (estimate so far it +- 500)

also i rarely youtube

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Indeed.....Indeed.....

It's fucking horrendous on a 27 inch monitor. With 1980x1080 resolution.
    however i'd be planning on 27" ips 1440p :P (perhaps even worse xD)

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    ^ that. My youtube looks like this:

or like this:

Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-29 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so I ordered the Corsair 800d case and it shipped in a 32x30x17 inch box... I knew the thing was a full sized tower but holy crap... Well, that's my interesting story of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've run those undervolted, and have yet to experience this. o_o
    I've only run my SP120's at their proper voltage for...maybe 10 minutes, total. They always run drastically undervolted all the time, at maybe ~25% of their max speed. During stress I ramp them up to maybe ~600-800rpm, no higher.
    And yeah I haven't experienced that either o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

http://i.imgur.com/kYIQd.png

Please, for the love of God, help me fix this. I reformatted my computer, and Steam is being a dick. I can't get Steam to work -- I've even deleted everything but the "SteamApps" folder (Yeah, I don't want to redownload 300 gigs of data) and attempted to reinstall. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Try this?

Found it here.
    So what I ended up doing is moving the "SteamApps" folder to a different location, and deleting *everything* within the Steam folder. Then, I reinstalled Steam, and everything went flawlessly. Now I'm waiting on Windows to move the folder over, and since it's 280 gigs, it'll take a while. The only thing that I'm apprehensive about is that it's still "calculating"...and has been for 10 minutes? Still...remaining patient...

And done! I think.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-12-29 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally returned on mmo-champion, been all sorts of busy with working

Got my paycheck yesterday, ordered these:

Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 monitor

GPU: MSI 7850
    CPU: FX-4300

Now, I'm wondering if I should cancel the GPU and order a more powerful GPU like the 7950/70, especially considering that Metro: Last Light is one of my most anticipated games of 2013.

I've already got all the other parts, I screwed up my old Phenom X4 965 upon installation hence why I ordered the FX 4300. (In Greenland you can't refund items after you've bought them, even though they're unopened)

(Didn't feel like it was thread worthy =P)
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-12-29 at 06:40 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Grats on the 1440p monitor, the more I see people buying them the more I want one myself. Also, don't you have a GTX 670? Why are you ordering another GPU?
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Yes.

About that.

I moved back to Greenland, and plan to study for the next 5 years here while getting some medicine for my concentration problems. It's simply too expensive to ship my computer from Denmark (Costs $900 to ship) to Greenland so I'm letting it stay there for when I visit Denmark on vacations :P (~every 3-6 months)

This is the thing I'm gonna study for the next 5 years:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...6tekst_id%3D15

I dropped out of this, coding wasn't really interesting to me.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...web-integrator
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Ah, well good luck!
    Playing since 2007.

Changed my setup a bit last night, went from 4 fans on H100 pushing air out of the case, to 2 pulling air in. Hooked up my front 200mm, the 2 H100 fans, and my exhaust fan to my case's fan controller, to see how big the difference is. PC is very quiet now, but 1 thing is bothering me... The front 200mm fan is making such an annoying noise, it sounds kinda like coil whine, driving me nuts. I couldn't hear it before because of the other fans, but now it's just too much.

Was thinking: Would it be better to take out the screws, and tape the 200mm fan to the case with some double sided tape? The looser I screw them, the less noise it makes, so I'm guessing it's the screws that are vibrating against the case?

This is how it sounds when I take off the front dust filter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjjire991p...2021.09.08.mov

Why do you want the H100 to be intakes? You usually have them in the top. It would make more sense to have them as exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why do you want the H100 to be intakes? You usually have them in the top. It would make more sense to have them as exhaust.
    Positive airflow?

But there's no need. I'd rather be rid of the air. Have a flow. You can have positive air flow with exhaust fans as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    But there's no need. I'd rather be rid of the air. Have a flow. You can have positive air flow with exhaust fans as well :P
    I have 3 pulling in and 1 pushing out now. Used to be 5 pushing out, 1 pulling in. No point in discussing positive vs negative really, personal preference I guess. Temps are still fine, even with all fans on lowest.

I am confused. Are you talking about exhaust vs intakes now? Positive is always better than negative if you have to have either, but balanced is the best.
    There's no point going for either.