Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/kYIQd.png

Please, for the love of God, help me fix this. I reformatted my computer, and Steam is being a dick. I can't get Steam to work -- I've even deleted everything but the "SteamApps" folder (Yeah, I don't want to redownload 300 gigs of data) and attempted to reinstall. Any ideas?
    Try this?
    Start services.msc in run.

find application experience, enable it, start the service, and set it to automatic start.

Uninstall steam from control panel and use ccleaner to clean out its registry entries.

Start installing steam again.

I had to do the exact same thing.
    Found it here.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Try this?

Found it here.
    So what I ended up doing is moving the "SteamApps" folder to a different location, and deleting *everything* within the Steam folder. Then, I reinstalled Steam, and everything went flawlessly. Now I'm waiting on Windows to move the folder over, and since it's 280 gigs, it'll take a while. The only thing that I'm apprehensive about is that it's still "calculating"...and has been for 10 minutes? Still...remaining patient...

And done! I think.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-12-29 at 05:07 AM.

Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So what I ended up doing is moving the "SteamApps" folder to a different location, and deleting *everything* within the Steam folder. Then, I reinstalled Steam, and everything went flawlessly. Now I'm waiting on Windows to move the folder over, and since it's 280 gigs, it'll take a while. The only thing that I'm apprehensive about is that it's still "calculating"...and has been for 10 minutes? Still...remaining patient...

And done! I think.
    Glad to see you fixed it, re-downloading almost 300 gigs of games would be a huge pain.
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Finally returned on mmo-champion, been all sorts of busy with working

Got my paycheck yesterday, ordered these:

Achieva Shimian 2560x1440 monitor

GPU: MSI 7850
    CPU: FX-4300

Now, I'm wondering if I should cancel the GPU and order a more powerful GPU like the 7950/70, especially considering that Metro: Last Light is one of my most anticipated games of 2013.

I've already got all the other parts, I screwed up my old Phenom X4 965 upon installation hence why I ordered the FX 4300. (In Greenland you can't refund items after you've bought them, even though they're unopened)

(Didn't feel like it was thread worthy =P)
    Last edited by CheezusCrust; 2012-12-29 at 06:40 PM.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Grats on the 1440p monitor, the more I see people buying them the more I want one myself. Also, don't you have a GTX 670? Why are you ordering another GPU?
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |

Oh. Yes.

About that.

I moved back to Greenland, and plan to study for the next 5 years here while getting some medicine for my concentration problems. It's simply too expensive to ship my computer from Denmark (Costs $900 to ship) to Greenland so I'm letting it stay there for when I visit Denmark on vacations :P (~every 3-6 months)

This is the thing I'm gonna study for the next 5 years:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...6tekst_id%3D15

I dropped out of this, coding wasn't really interesting to me.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...web-integrator
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Ah, well good luck!
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |

Mechagnome
    Changed my setup a bit last night, went from 4 fans on H100 pushing air out of the case, to 2 pulling air in. Hooked up my front 200mm, the 2 H100 fans, and my exhaust fan to my case's fan controller, to see how big the difference is. PC is very quiet now, but 1 thing is bothering me... The front 200mm fan is making such an annoying noise, it sounds kinda like coil whine, driving me nuts. I couldn't hear it before because of the other fans, but now it's just too much.

Was thinking: Would it be better to take out the screws, and tape the 200mm fan to the case with some double sided tape? The looser I screw them, the less noise it makes, so I'm guessing it's the screws that are vibrating against the case?

This is how it sounds when I take off the front dust filter:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjjire991p...2021.09.08.mov
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Why do you want the H100 to be intakes? You usually have them in the top. It would make more sense to have them as exhaust.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Why do you want the H100 to be intakes? You usually have them in the top. It would make more sense to have them as exhaust.
    Positive airflow?
    CPU: I5 2500K @4.5ghz (1.285v), CPU cooler: Corsair H100 push/pull GPU: MSI R7970 Lightning @1200Mhz, Case: Corsair 650D, Ram: 16GB Corsair vengeance, Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU: Corsair TX650M, SSD: Samsung 830 128GB, HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SPU: Xonar Essence STX

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    But there's no need. I'd rather be rid of the air. Have a flow. You can have positive air flow with exhaust fans as well :P

Mechagnome
    But there's no need. I'd rather be rid of the air. Have a flow. You can have positive air flow with exhaust fans as well :P
    I have 3 pulling in and 1 pushing out now. Used to be 5 pushing out, 1 pulling in. No point in discussing positive vs negative really, personal preference I guess. Temps are still fine, even with all fans on lowest.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I am confused. Are you talking about exhaust vs intakes now? Positive is always better than negative if you have to have either, but balanced is the best.
    There's no point going for either.

Most of these closed loop coolers tend to have marginally better temps when set up as intakes.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Most of these closed loop coolers tend to have marginally better temps when set up as intakes.
    And the rest of the build suffers. :P

Mechagnome
    And the rest of the build suffers. :P
    No? How is having more fresh air coming in worse than having everything pushed out the moment it comes in?

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Because the air won't rummage around and be cozy in there.
    Getting air flow through it is what keeps it cool, not keeping the old, now warm from having passed a radiator, air inside.

To be fair though it's probably going to be a meaningless difference as long as some form of exhaust still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    To be fair though it's probably going to be a meaningless difference as long as some form of exhaust still exists.
    Pretty much. I'd be hard-pressed to believe a single AF120 isn't more than enough to exhaust all the air pulled in by the other fans...which is only 3 in my case, 1 bottom intake and 2 top intakes from H100.
    I've currently disabled my 200mm Megaflow because it was making more noise than all my other fans combined :P

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I'll challenge you to set up a build with only one fan as exhaust, and it on a fan controller.
    The rest of the fans as intakes.
    Measure RAM, CPU, VRM and GPU temps at lowest and highest. Just idling. :P It makes 4-6°C here.