10+ Year Old Account

Still going strong!
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cusco get yourself some presents. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, those are just two of my four drives. The two old drives have effectively been replaced, but I've just moved everything important to the newer drives and keep using the old ones for unimportant stuff 'til they die.

For example, I have all of my 46,000 photos (277 GB) on one of the new drives, but I also have a backup split between the two old drives. So I can afford to lose two drives in quick succession and still end up keeping at least half of my photos.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2013-01-05 at 05:14 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the i7-7770K so I can OC it to 7.77GHz for the lulz.

It'll probably have 77MB of L7 Cache, too.
    "A flower.

Just got my Takstar HI 2050 headphones and I must say my music and games have never sounded so damn awesome

My second pair is due Friday. Looking forward to actually receiving them this time! (I ordered them before summer last time, never showed up, but at least I got refunded)
    I hope you enjoy them
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    fml, awesome deal slipped through my hands for a gtx 690. (even worse the guy who bought it just did so for reselling, talk about lame.......)

by awesome i mean , i could have had it for 550 euro QQ
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-01-05 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    My second pair is due Friday. Looking forward to actually receiving them this time! (I ordered them before summer last time, never showed up, but at least I got refunded)
    I hope you enjoy them
    Oh I am I'm going to get a sound card soon now and I'm debating on a amp.

Deleted
    Has anyone successfully restored bookmarks in Firefox? I'm trying to retrieve my bookmarks, all of which are conveniently saved on my Nexus 7 via the sync function. Now, how do I get them to show up on my desktop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Has anyone successfully restored bookmarks in Firefox? I'm trying to retrieve my bookmarks, all of which are conveniently saved on my Nexus 7 via the sync function. Now, how do I get them to show up on my desktop?
    You already paired the desktop to the sync account? http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...r-sync-account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Oh I am I'm going to get a sound card soon now and I'm debating on a amp.
    Don't debate. Get yourself hooked up with an Asus Xonar Essence STX. You'll be happy.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    You already paired the desktop to the sync account? http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...r-sync-account
    It's the original computer, so it used to be shared.

TL;DR: All bookmarks on my computer are gone due to a minor hiccup, but as I have synced to my Nexus 7 I can access all of my bookmarks from there. The issues is that there seems to be very limited documentation regarding retrieving bookmarks from an Android device; from another computer it seems extremely easy.

The whole "add a device" thing doesn't seem to exists, and the options and settings are very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    System restore images take up space on a storage drive, but tend to be hidden from view. Until I realized what it was, I had about 500GB usable of my 1500GB external, even if I deleted everything.
    I don't think this is the case, considering I had reformatted, like, two weeks ago. If it was, though, care to explain how they're hidden / where they're located?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Assuming you have your SSD optimized (hibernate/pagefile/etc disabled), add up the folder sizes in your Program Files and see which one is bloating...sort by date modified. Can't think of anything else : /
    Hmm, I have forgotten to do that kind of stuff. I'll do that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So I'm doing the TRIM thing, I downloaded CrystalDiskInfo, and it says that it can use TRIM. So I typed in the "fsutil bahvior query disabledeletenotify" in Command Prompt, and it tells me "The FSUTIL requires that you have administrative privileges." This account is the only user on the computer, and is definitely an admin. Any ideas on what's going on?

Edit: And I can't disable Hibernate, either: "You do not have permission to enable or disable the Hibernate feature." I am thoroughly confused.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-01-05 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here know why my xbox controller might not be working with a 2m extension cable (USB) (New cable)? Everytime i press a button it disconnects, and reconnects again. Power issue maybe? Using it on my computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

So I'm doing the TRIM thing, I downloaded CrystalDiskInfo, and it says that it can use TRIM. So I typed in the "fsutil bahvior query disabledeletenotify" in Command Prompt, and it tells me "The FSUTIL requires that you have administrative privileges." This account is the only user on the computer, and is definitely an admin. Any ideas on what's going on?

Edit: And I can't disable Hibernate, either: "You do not have permission to enable or disable the Hibernate feature." I am thoroughly confused.
    you need to run an elevated command prompt, right click it and run as admin

idk on the hibernate, you may need to check your user permissions, and make sure you dont have any other user accounts created by a bot or something

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Anyone here know why my xbox controller might not be working with a 2m extension cable (USB) (New cable)? Everytime i press a button it disconnects, and reconnects again. Power issue maybe? Using it on my computer.
    if the xbox controller works without the extension, then its a faulty cable, return it, or throw it away and get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you need to run an elevated command prompt, right click it and run as admin

idk on the hibernate, you may need to check your user permissions, and make sure you dont have any other user accounts created by a bot or something
    That worked, thanks. Both things worked after doing so.

Now to do the other stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I don't think this is the case, considering I had reformatted, like, two weeks ago. If it was, though, care to explain how they're hidden / where they're located?
    Control Panel --> system restore --> under the location of the restore images you can see a link to "manage saving settings" (or something similar). Click on that, and it will show you the restore images stored, and you can delete them to make space too.

From another thread in reply to my post:

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I replaced my naga with a g600 and took some bad pictures with my phone.

http://imgur.com/a/oBO8m

The areas that change color pulse at the same speed since you can change the pulse speed on the mouse, so I matched it to the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Great! As someone who has experienced both Naga and G600, what are your initial impressions? Better/worse?
    The G600 feels a lot more solid, feels more comfortable in my hand since it's a bit bigger and a lot wider. I figured I'd be able to use the 12 buttons on the side easier since I had a Naga for nearly 3 years, but it's gonna be just like when I bought my Naga almost, gotta get use to it again. I like how the G600 clicks a lot more. The forward/back will take a little bit of getting use to it's not bad, but I liked these buttons on my Naga more (the old naga where they were left of the left click).

It's kinda too early for me to give a final decision on it yet since I'm not use to the G600 yet. I've only been playing with it for a day and the games I've been playing haven't really required the side buttons.

I decided to replace my naga since the mouse wheel and the right click were double clicking and it was a few years old, the left click double clicked a couple years ago but I fixed it. I liked the Naga when it wasn't double clicking, but the G600 feels so much nicer under my hand. The side buttons don't seem as easy to use, but I'm gonna say a part (most?) of that is because I'm just not use to it yet. I end up pushing the g+shift button or right click when I try to push the side buttons.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2013-01-06 at 03:25 AM.

Damn you amazon. Everything ive ordered from them has been early... except the package I want the most, my sennheiser hd650s, which are over a week late =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    Damn you amazon. Everything ive ordered from them has been early... except the package I want the most, my sennheiser hd650s, which are over a week late =(
    Woooow, golden headphones. What are you plugging them into?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze