The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    In other news, AMD might have landed the catch of the year...

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...ream-team.aspx
    Question is... is it too late for them to get out of the hole they've been in the past year or two?

At least their stocks are back up above $2.50...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    someone find me a good Mini ITX FM2 motherboard with wifi-N, bluetooth, and HDMI out!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157340

is the only mITX FM2 board I can find. Doesn't have WiFi though :/

15+ Year Old Account
    yea i saw that one earlier =/ amazon nor tiger direct have anything either
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Bandwidth spikes never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    someone find me a good Mini ITX FM2 motherboard with wifi-N, bluetooth, and HDMI out!
    http://www.msi.com/product/mb/FM2-A75IA-E53.html

Close enough?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Bandwidth spikes never get old.

Wow that's awesome. The most I've gotten out of Steam so far is about 9mbps.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    hmmm that's pretty nice looking. it says 'supports wifi' which is misleading. newegg says it has wifi so i'm assuming it's all integrated. not a bad mobo for $90

Otherwise you could try using a USB dongle couldn't you?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Wow that's awesome. The most I've gotten out of Steam so far is about 9mbps.
    tetris also lives in Sweden... so take that into consideration. ;o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    tetris also lives in Sweden... so take that into consideration. ;o
    Ahh well that explains it, damn europeans and their fiber internet.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Otherwise you could try using a USB dongle couldn't you?
    ugh, i hate usb dongles. had such bad luck in the past. i could pci-e if the motherboard has a slot, but i figured i'd avoid having to do that and get one with built-in wifi. that and i have yet to find a mini itx fm2 motherboard with a pci-e slot...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the NH-D14 is supposed to be good, but there's something wrong here.

8 hours of IntelBurnTest (Ran it, went to work, came back and it was still running)

Now, the max temperatures were 35c.

Idle temperatures are 8-12c, I don't know if it's my room that's cold and I just can't notice it or... Honestly I'm confused.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

AMD CPUs run cooler than intel, because they have to, their temperature cap is lower.
    Also, some motherboards have non-functional idle temperature measurements.

10+ Year Old Account
    The TJ Max is 90c as far as I can tell, I'm going to try & do some overclocking tomorrow.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    ...nope it was on. Came back from shopping, oh look my Samsung 830 is trying to make babies with the AF120. How curious :P
    Once, an SSD tried that one with an HDD, and that was the moment that the hybrid HDD came into existence

ugh, i hate usb dongles. had such bad luck in the past. i could pci-e if the motherboard has a slot, but i figured i'd avoid having to do that and get one with built-in wifi. that and i have yet to find a mini itx fm2 motherboard with a pci-e slot...
    Doesn't that MSI board have a PCI-E slot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once, an SSD tried that one with an HDD, and that was the moment that the hybrid HDD came into existence

Doesn't that MSI board have a PCI-E slot?
    But sadly it never gained the fame & popularity of its' parents

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Man that is tidy! Tidiness is one of the things I miss most about bigger cases, but the convenience of easily transporting my tiny case wins out every time...
    Ironically the Storm series tried to boast portability with their handles on top.

The day I freely carry this huge thing around by its' handles is the day the side window will probably break, along with my back >_<
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-10 at 12:31 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I never really saw the point of carry handles on something that is so heavy you move it once, from the place where you built it, to your desk, and there it stays. My Arc midi when EMPTY weighs about the same as a 20x0.5 crate of beer (glass bottles).

I don't think my Define case is heavy, despite components or the metal structure. Or rather, it doesn't feel heavy because it's a comfortable carry. It is not a case I'd appreciate carrying handles. A lot of the time, they look tacky (Vengeance C70, the tacky of all tacky cases), but on some, they are absolutely necessary.
    I'd prefer the carryingstyle I can use with my Define, lean it to chest, hold under/side, and you lift it with the whole body. It wouldn't work with heavier or bigger cases, so I can understand why some do have it, since no other way works. /shrug
    &nbsp;

I think something that really helped to make computers more carry-able is that we now mount power supplies at the bottom of the case, not the top. Not having a 2kg box of capacitors and rectifiers making the case quite top heavy is a real boon (and why did nobody seem to think about it for years?)