Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    hmmm that's pretty nice looking. it says 'supports wifi' which is misleading. newegg says it has wifi so i'm assuming it's all integrated. not a bad mobo for $90

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Otherwise you could try using a USB dongle couldn't you?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Wow that's awesome. The most I've gotten out of Steam so far is about 9mbps.
    tetris also lives in Sweden... so take that into consideration. ;o
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    tetris also lives in Sweden... so take that into consideration. ;o
    Ahh well that explains it, damn europeans and their fiber internet.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Otherwise you could try using a USB dongle couldn't you?
    ugh, i hate usb dongles. had such bad luck in the past. i could pci-e if the motherboard has a slot, but i figured i'd avoid having to do that and get one with built-in wifi. that and i have yet to find a mini itx fm2 motherboard with a pci-e slot...

BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I know the NH-D14 is supposed to be good, but there's something wrong here.

8 hours of IntelBurnTest (Ran it, went to work, came back and it was still running)

Now, the max temperatures were 35c.

Idle temperatures are 8-12c, I don't know if it's my room that's cold and I just can't notice it or... Honestly I'm confused.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    AMD CPUs run cooler than intel, because they have to, their temperature cap is lower.
    Also, some motherboards have non-functional idle temperature measurements.

The TJ Max is 90c as far as I can tell, I'm going to try & do some overclocking tomorrow.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    ...nope it was on. Came back from shopping, oh look my Samsung 830 is trying to make babies with the AF120. How curious :P
    Once, an SSD tried that one with an HDD, and that was the moment that the hybrid HDD came into existence

ugh, i hate usb dongles. had such bad luck in the past. i could pci-e if the motherboard has a slot, but i figured i'd avoid having to do that and get one with built-in wifi. that and i have yet to find a mini itx fm2 motherboard with a pci-e slot...
    Doesn't that MSI board have a PCI-E slot?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Once, an SSD tried that one with an HDD, and that was the moment that the hybrid HDD came into existence

Doesn't that MSI board have a PCI-E slot?
    But sadly it never gained the fame & popularity of its' parents

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Man that is tidy! Tidiness is one of the things I miss most about bigger cases, but the convenience of easily transporting my tiny case wins out every time...
    Ironically the Storm series tried to boast portability with their handles on top.

The day I freely carry this huge thing around by its' handles is the day the side window will probably break, along with my back >_<
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-10 at 12:31 AM.

I never really saw the point of carry handles on something that is so heavy you move it once, from the place where you built it, to your desk, and there it stays. My Arc midi when EMPTY weighs about the same as a 20x0.5 crate of beer (glass bottles).

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I don't think my Define case is heavy, despite components or the metal structure. Or rather, it doesn't feel heavy because it's a comfortable carry. It is not a case I'd appreciate carrying handles. A lot of the time, they look tacky (Vengeance C70, the tacky of all tacky cases), but on some, they are absolutely necessary.
    I'd prefer the carryingstyle I can use with my Define, lean it to chest, hold under/side, and you lift it with the whole body. It wouldn't work with heavier or bigger cases, so I can understand why some do have it, since no other way works. /shrug

I think something that really helped to make computers more carry-able is that we now mount power supplies at the bottom of the case, not the top. Not having a 2kg box of capacitors and rectifiers making the case quite top heavy is a real boon (and why did nobody seem to think about it for years?)

Yo, im wondering if anyone here can help me. Im using a NVIDIA GT 240 and AMD phenom 9650 quad core 2.3 GHz with 3 gigabytes of ram on windows XP. However my fps in 25 man raids is under 30 and i have all settings at the lowest, resolution at 1920x1080. Is it normal or is something wrong here?

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrewd View Post
    Yo, im wondering if anyone here can help me. Im using a NVIDIA GT 240 and AMD phenom 9650 quad core 2.3 GHz with 3 gigabytes of ram on windows XP. However my fps in 25 man raids is under 30 and i have all settings at the lowest, resolution at 1920x1080. Is it normal or is something wrong here?
    make a seperate thread for that issue, this isn't a Q&A place.
    first glimps though, multimedia card + amd cpu = bad combo for wow.

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    I'd say on lowest, it's perhaps a bit low. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry, since the CPU you have is really weak, and on top of that, quite weakly clocked. Clock speed and architecture >>> cores for wow.

HEY GUYS.
    GOOD TIP.

Backup everything from your OS drive before trying to overclock, my motherboard basically went NOPE and went on a reboot cycle without POST'ing. Which led me to resetting the BIOS by removing the battery, when I had reset the BIOS my Windows 8 installation had gone corrupt for some reason.

Lost about 3GB of drivers & other downlads, which is pretty huge in Greenland :C

waht. you dont have to lose anything assuming that you have an extra drive laying around (or another computer you can plug your drive into)

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    HEY GUYS.
    GOOD TIP.

Backup everything from your OS drive before trying to overclock, my motherboard basically went NOPE and went on a reboot cycle without POST'ing. Which led me to resetting the BIOS by removing the battery, when I had reset the BIOS my Windows 8 installation had gone corrupt for some reason.

Lost about 3GB of drivers & other downlads, which is pretty huge in Greenland :C
    Lost you at the "reset the BIOS my Windows 8 installation had gone corrupt" part. How the flying heck? Sounds like another reason to stay away from W8...

TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    Because no Windows ever before either itself had a calculatory error or had their system do the same?
    The fault is not Windows 8 in that instance, although hardly perfect.
    Remember sometimes those BSODs you get, and sometimes the computer crashes where you never even get to see the blue screen? That blue screen is not the crash, but what Windows throws up to protect it from writing something corruptable. Or when it divides by zero. Either way, sometimes it goes straight to having gone wrong and it can be corrupt.