Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    GPU to GPU performance? None.
    Neither will hold it back.
    CPU itself does have an effect on overall score though.
    sure about the gpu to gpu performance due to pci-e 2.0 vs 3.0? (for a 690 it would result in a few % loss , for titan i haven't found any good tests for it)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-03-22 at 11:09 PM.

A GTX 690 has internal 8x/8x, meaning it had PCI-E 2.0 8x and thus PCI-E 1.1 16x. Eh. I'd be surprised if an underclocked GTX 680 (effectively) would be held back all too much by that. Yes, it has a consistent and measurable effect but not a noticable one. Held back? No. But premiered by faster? Ever so slightly.
    I honestly would not worry 'tall about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just couldn't resist

Yes, that's me :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    sure about the gpu to gpu performance due to pci-e 2.0 vs 3.0? (for a 690 it would result in a few % loss , for titan i haven't found any good tests for it)
    It's kinda simple to find out. Make a custom resolution of 2560x1440 or 2560x1600p then open something like Gpu-z and have an eye on your gpu usage. PCIe interface bottlenecking or lanes means your gpu will never reach 99% and you will see that the memory controller isn't being maxed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Just couldn't resist

<snip>

Yes, that's me :P
    The CRT TV = win
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The CRT TV = win
    Hey, I still have a CRT tv in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I might have a crappy net, they at least don't mess with anything or try to filter anything, one reason why I like it even though it is slow.

Nice, one of the down sides of having good audio equipment is that I find that horrible quality music is almost unbearable to listen to on my good set of headphones.
    You're not kidding. I already detected shitty quality with my FiiO E10 and Shure SRH440s, but with my JDS Labs O2+DAC and He-400s it's more evident than ever. Currently listening to The Cult with FLAC quality and I'm hearing stuff I've never heard before. Everything sounds so layered and warm. It's glorious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    It's kinda simple to find out. Make a custom resolution of 2560x1440 or 2560x1600p then open something like Gpu-z and have an eye on your gpu usage. PCIe interface bottlenecking or lanes means your gpu will never reach 99% and you will see that the memory controller isn't being maxed out.
    well i just tried to test that , however neither evga precision nor gpu-z show any value for gpu load/MCL/ VEL.......
    gonna check now with afterburner but likely won't be any different.

MSI kombustor shows the workload. Before I switched out the 2600K my workload was 96% on the GTX680. Not sure if it actually means anything. Temps were 63C at that workload and I have a constant ambient of 23 in my house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here using a samsung smart tv? I'm sometimes using the youtube app to watch some documentaries, but i haven't found the option yet to increase the picture quality on the HD video's. Anyone here knows?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaving my shitty computer settings for hearthstone beta, maybe it might give me a chance, who knows>.>.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I'm leaving my shitty computer settings for hearthstone beta, maybe it might give me a chance, who knows>.>.
    Yeah, they're probably not that interested in who can run the game at 5 million frames per second.

I'll probably get in the beta anyway, not too worried

10+ Year Old Account
    So the battery on my (active) bass goes dead every 1,5/2weeks. Time for a power supply
    Made a scart connector on the guitar and connected it in parallel to the battery so i still have the option of using it.
    9V AC->DC adapter with a custom circuit between it to limit the output to exactly 9V, and some extra capacitors to reduce noise.

Yay no more battery issues ^^: http://imgur.com/a/ecRMV

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 09:12 PM ----------

By the way, i'm having suspicions about these types of posts:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...one-smartphone
    A virtually non-existant question with an entire discussion below it. Seems to me the OP is trolling.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post

By the way, i'm having suspicions about these types of posts:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...one-smartphone
    A virtually non-existant question with an entire discussion below it. Seems to me the OP is trolling.
    Just report it - talking about stuff like that/suggesting that someone is a troll is against the rules. >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    That one's fine; no one is being a twat or trying to rile feathers in the thread and for once there's semi-decent discussion happening
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

So I'm considering doing some sleeving to make the cables look nice and uniform. Now, I know some of you here have experience with it so I have a few questions.

1. Is it hard to do?
    2. Which if any special tools are required? I'd rather not buy unnecessary tools if I can avoid it.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-03-26 at 05:29 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    1. Hard, no. Time consuming, yes.
    2. Standard sleeve-kit works wonders. A heat-gun helps.

http://images.channelgrabber.com/MTc2/509a2832b6ad3.jpg

Start by sleeving something trivial. My first was a fan, then a motherboard speaker. Modular PSU is recommended for novice sleevers.

The PSU is already sleeved, I'm more looking to do the various other cables. Fans, data cables, temperature probes and the lot.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    I'm assuming the PSU was not sleeved by you then.

Buy a starter sleeving kit, that's what I did. You will get acceptable stuff for a small sum of cash; i.e. proper tools, alright heatshrink and black sleeve. For any serious sleeving I'd point towards MDPC-X: http://de.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve.htm. Nils offers some of the best and highest grade/quality stuff on the market for sleevers. He demands and only offers perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I'm assuming the PSU was not sleeved by you then.

Buy a starter sleeving kit, that's what I did. You will get acceptable stuff for a small sum of cash; i.e. proper tools, alright heatshrink and black sleeve. For any serious sleeving I'd point towards MDPC-X: http://de.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve.htm. Nils offers some of the best and highest grade/quality stuff on the market for sleevers. He demands and only offers perfection.
    Nah, I bought one of Corsair's sleeve-kits, which is kinda why I wanna do the other cables so that they match.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-03-26 at 10:22 PM.