Supports DDR3 3000 memory for super fast loading

Tired of everlasting loading screens? The MSI Z77 Gaming series motherboards offer support for DDR3 3000 MHz memory modules. That way, you will not have to miss out on any gaming action because your in-game levels will be loaded superfast!
    ...if you spend more money on your RAM than you do on the graphics card, the motherboard, the CPU and the power supply all added together.

They also forget to mention that you'll still be waiting on everybody else to load in on their toasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    ...if you spend more money on your RAM than you do on the graphics card, the motherboard, the CPU and the power supply all added together.

They also forget to mention that you'll still be waiting on everybody else to load in on their toasters.
    Yep, there are a few things that I found weird that made me initially think it was an april fools joke, like the random ps2 port and "3x more gold than regular connectors" among other things. But dat color scheme, really makes me want one.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Nothing wrong with a PS/2 port. PS/2 keyboards don't suffer from the same ghosting and limits on the amount of key presses that can be registered simultaneously that USB keyboards do.

I know there is nothing wrong with them, just seems somewhat random since they seemingly got replaced by USB, up until their sudden resurrection.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-04-02 at 03:35 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    If I were to upgrade my HD 6950 to an HD7970, would my i7 950@4.1Ghz and my 6GB of RAM bottleneck me? I guess not. Feel like my computer need some more UMHF and when upgrading the fans on my h100 to quieter ones I would like to get a quieter card as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    If I were to upgrade my HD 6950 to an HD7970, would my i7 950@4.1Ghz and my 6GB of RAM bottleneck me?
    Nope !

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    If I were to upgrade my HD 6950 to an HD7970, would my i7 950@4.1Ghz and my 6GB of RAM bottleneck me? I guess not. Feel like my computer need some more UMHF and when upgrading the fans on my h100 to quieter ones I would like to get a quieter card as well.
    Depends complety on which games.. BF3/Crysis 3 for sure it won't but Planetside 2 yes but not by a huge margin. It just comes to how large/minor the bottleneck is.

Deleted
    Mostly playing WoW, BF3, SC2 and some D3. But I am starting to feel some frame drops when I am running 120hz movies and if I run just 60Hz while gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i ended up swapping all my fans to nf-f12s while using the resistors to slow them down and im loving how quiet my computer is (my gf loves it is quiet even more so than me!).

One downside was my temps, especially idle went up a considerable amount. Long story short i was bored today and ended up delidding (easy as heck) the old 3570k for craps and giggles. Shaved 5-10C off my temps but nothing too substantial. I am guessing if i went back to the sp120s in push pull it would help more but meh the silence is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those SP120 performance editions or quiet?

Also 5-10c is huge!
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Well i ended up swapping all my fans to nf-f12s while using the resistors to slow them down and im loving how quiet my computer is (my gf loves it is quiet even more so than me!).

One downside was my temps, especially idle went up a considerable amount. Long story short i was bored today and ended up delidding (easy as heck) the old 3570k for craps and giggles. Shaved 5-10C off my temps but nothing too substantial. I am guessing if i went back to the sp120s in push pull it would help more but meh the silence is nice.
    Well EK just announced they're bringing waterblocks for delidded Ivy's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Lol i actually tried to pair my h100i with just my delidded cpu, just tearing the IHS right off and not using it, but it wouldnt make contact so i had to put it back on with proper paste. A delidded water block would make things so easy. My computer wouldn't actually boot like that at all, i am guessing it just got so hot off the start or something since there was no cooler contact onto the dye.

My SP120s are performance editions. I love them but they are pretty loud and they seemed to effect my idle temps more than my load temps. These arent concrete numbers but with my sps i wouldnt go over 30 at idle ever, now im mid 30s with my noctua fans, but at the full load temps appear to be almost the same with both sets of fans.

Deleted
    Speaking of fans.

I want to place an extra 140mm intake casefan. I very much dislike the Noctua colors. Any suggestions?

Been tempted to buy a Corsair AF140.

Deleted
    paint it?
    else NZXT FN-140 Enthusiast Performance Case Fan - 140mm? (not sure if they perform at the same level though)

Deleted
    Painting the case wouldn't be an issue. Painting the fan blades I wouldn't do myself. Getting it perfectly balanced again is probably a bitch.

Btw, it's just that I have room for 140mm intake. If there's 120mm ones that are awesome (silence vs airflow) then that should work fine as well.

After all these high end components, the hardest thing to choose is a frickin casefan. Ugh.

I forgot to mention that I kind of need two extra 200mm fans as well. I kind of want the Thermaltake colorshift ones to match the rest (and connect to led regulator), but by the time I have them shipped to Holland here they will be pricy as heck.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-03 at 12:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    That is bloody awesome. Like.. really really awesome.

Lol i actually tried to pair my h100i with just my delidded cpu, just tearing the IHS right off and not using it, but it wouldnt make contact so i had to put it back on with proper paste. A delidded water block would make things so easy. My computer wouldn't actually boot like that at all, i am guessing it just got so hot off the start or something since there was no cooler contact onto the dye.
    I actually recall there being some kind of fail-safe on the cpu that prevents it from booting if there's no contact with certain part of the processor. Not only between the top and heatsink but also something on the side.. Takes some clever modding for it to work.

I must have gotten really lucky with my H100, havent had any problem whatsoever so far *knock on wood*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    MSI Gaming range. Apparently all the boards support multi-video card setups but only one has 2 pcie slots(and x16/x4 at that), this must be a typo of some sort, I want to get one just cause it looks so awesome lol.
    I thought this page was an april fools joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn that is a sexy looking mobo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    damn that is a sexy looking mobo!
    Maybe, but you gotta admit that page is f*cking hysterical. I'm still chuckling.