15+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft: 85% of Windows 8 Users Chose Desktop on Day 1

I found this that might interest some people it is old but it is funny.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Microsoft: 85% of Windows 8 Users Chose Desktop on Day 1

I found this that might interest some people it is old but it is funny.
    Bhahahah, that can't possibly be true. I mean, the metro interface isn't as bad as people claim it to be but... Let's put it this way: If start8 was 50 bucks, I'd still buy it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You make my cable management look like I am a snob, Stop making me look bad! :P
    Posting my setup in the other thread soon, and trust me... your cable management is bound to look nicer. My cables behind the tray are an absolute mess, I kind of just forced the thing to close for now. >.> Will have to get it sorted soon.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-09 at 09:21 AM.

Man, proper headphones and a sound-card really do make a difference. What have I been doing the last 25 and a half years?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Man, proper headphones and a sound-card really do make a difference. What have I been doing the last 25 and a half years?!
    Yeah i'm always wary of people saying onboard is good enough these days. It's not even close to a cheap card, there just isn't the space for proper filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah i'm always wary of people saying onboard is good enough these days. It's not even close to a cheap card, there just isn't the space for proper filters.
    And these aren't even high-end headphones either.

I'm having far too much fun playing with the equalizer settings and environment emulators
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-04-09 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah currently only my Vulcan headset is of reasonable sound quality. If i swap to onboard instead of my Xonar D1, my ears will start to bleed. Looking forward to messing with the A5+ soundset soon. Only wish they'd hurry up the shipment

Deleted
    Yeah currently only my Vulcan headset is of reasonable sound quality. If i swap to onboard instead of my Xonar D1, my ears will start to bleed. Looking forward to messing with the A5+ soundset soon. Only wish they'd hurry up the shipment
    could be worse , my 3770k package T&T has turned into a unknown delivery date
    as for sound i just missed out on a 40 euro STX. (on the other hand saves me money for not having to buy actual headphones )

This will forever be the picture I see in my head when someone mentions Bitfenix Prodigy in a mini-ITX thread.

Yes that is an E-ATX motherboard.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Question is though, where does he put the PSU?

Question is though, where does he put the PSU?
    Behind the motherboard tray.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/mod-...ebruary-2013/4
    http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/143...x-prodigy-mod/
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Well, he's not wasting space, that's for sure.

Lol.

Btw, are you guys telling me that this 5.1 card I've had lying around for ages might give better audio quality than my current mobo's on-board?
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-09 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    Btw, are you guys telling me that this 5.1 card I've had lying around for ages might give better audio quality than my current mobo's on-board?
    When i said cheap, i didn't mean that cheap. In this case you're better off using onboard. :P
    I can't even find this cards Signal-to-noise ratio. Which is reason enough.

My onboard has 109dB signal-to-noise ratio. Which is pretty good. Buy my Xonar D1 has 116dB. Which is about 5/6times clearer.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-04-09 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    This will forever be the picture I see in my head when someone mentions Bitfenix Prodigy in a mini-ITX thread.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/2793/86241539.jpg

Yes that is an E-ATX motherboard.
    Very interesting build he's got there. Got a link to the buildlog? My biggest interest is in the fact that he's mounted the motherboard the "other" 90 degree flip, IO port on the bottom instead of the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Very interesting build he's got there. Got a link to the buildlog? My biggest interest is in the fact that he's mounted the motherboard the "other" 90 degree flip, IO port on the bottom instead of the top.
    It is at the bottom of the second post.

Deleted
    When i said cheap, i didn't mean that cheap. In this case you're better off using onboard. :P
    I can't even find this cards Signal-to-noise ratio. Which is reason enough.

My onboard has 109dB signal-to-noise ratio. Which is pretty good. Buy my Xonar D1 has 116dB. Which is about 5/6times clearer.
    Fair enough.

On another note, Crucial has just shipped out it's M500 SSD's. They should be readily available in the next few days. Suggested prices for 7mm disks: 105 euro for 120gb, 175 euro for 240gb and 329 for 480gb. The 1TB drive will be between 529 and 539 euro.

Plenty reviews online, amongst them is the one on AnandTech.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-04-09 at 02:51 PM.

Welcome to the cult!

In fairness, it really is. Most people won't notice the difference, because they're used to worse. Would it be enough for me? No longer. I make do when I have to use my laptop though.

What the hell happened to bitcoin? It went from 15ish USD in janaury, to 200+ USD in 4 months...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    What the hell happened to bitcoin? It went from 15ish USD in janaury, to 200+ USD in 4 months...
    That's the 'power' of bitcoin innit? It's worth whatever people pay for it, without any authority. Shame I didn't jump on-board, but hey..

That's the 'power' of bitcoin innit? It's worth whatever people pay for it, without any authority. Shame I didn't jump on-board, but hey..
    I bet it has something to do with the US govt wanting to regulate it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    I know a few weeks ago it was 175$ when someone tried to ddos them to force the price to go down so they would buy them then sell it when it came back up....
    I can notice a bit of difference, but mostly in bad quality things and every small details.

Posting my setup in the other thread soon, and trust me... your cable management is bound to look nicer. My cables behind the tray are an absolute mess, I kind of just forced the thing to close for now. >.> Will have to get it sorted soon.
    You underestimate me!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose