Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    $96,100... really? That's just stupid. =/
    Especially as you'll be able to move that decimal point over two spaces in less than a month (to something like $961.00)

That guy could set up a bitcoin mining facility with a hundred 7990s for the money he spent on that single one.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Especially as you'll be able to move that decimal point over two spaces in less than a month (to something like $961.00)

That guy could set up a bitcoin mining facility with a hundred 7990s for the money he spent on that single one.
    Still would probably be better off buying the dedicated Bitcoin machines they have started making that you plug in via USB. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    $96 grand for what is nothing more than a Firepro S10000 with a Radeon bios?

lol, somebody is a complete moron, the 7990 is not special, they've had the S10000 out for a while:
    S10000:

7990:

You can't deny that the stickers are different!

Deleted
    Still would probably be better off buying the dedicated Bitcoin machines they have started making that you plug in via USB. :P
    got any info on that? (or mining with a titan?)
    since my rig is out of use when in my dorm and i don't have to pay for the power maybe i could make some lazy coins from it
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2013-04-18 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    got any info on that? (or mining with a titan?)
    since my rig is out of use when in my dorm and i don't have to pay for the power maybe i could make some lazy coins from it
    the titan is a slide rule compared to the ASICs, in the same way that APIs like DirectX cant compare to direct hardware access, generic hardware can't compete with hardware designed from the logic gate level on up for specific software routines

http://www.butterflylabs.com/

Well I just finished building my brothers computer today and I must say I hate the Seasonic M12ll 520W short power cords, I can't run the 8pin CPU supplemental power cable through the back unless I have an extension -_-. But besides that it went well, and I also forgot to delete a recovery partition on the HDD I gave him since it was from a computer I scrapped and it kept booting up saying gateway haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Well I just finished building my brothers computer today and I must say I hate the Seasonic M12ll 520W short power cords, I can't run the 8pin CPU supplemental power cable through the back unless I have an extension -_-. But besides that it went well, and I also forgot to delete a recovery partition on the HDD I gave him since it was from a computer I scrapped and it kept booting up saying gateway haha.
    I have the same problem on my psu so I've resorted to temporarily running it across the front of the mobo.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Yeah another thing is the front fan 3 pin cable is to short for the mobo so i made a quick extension myself with some wire and solder I got here but I ordered a few justt to have them and I ordered some extensions for PSU cables as this is becoming an annoyance haha but everything is up and running, I got his GPU OC'd and it runs great.

Deleted
    hmm can't help but wonder if this is too good to be true.
    http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/.../5%2C2LinX.png
    also how solid is linX as a stress test? (and if the Gflops are correct for the settings of the progam/clocks?)

might be in a position to acquire that chip

10+ Year Old Account
    also how solid is linX as a stress test? (and if the Gflops are correct for the settings of the progam/clocks?)

A. You are seriously fucking obsessed, please seek help dear friend!
    B. I bet unless you get the exact same motherboard as well, you won't achieve the same voltages, VRM, Mosfets, etc need to be decent on the motherboard otherwise that can also add voltage up.
    "A flower.

I've seen this chip earlier on tweakers.net, right? The new batch seems to be clocking crazy. Guy here passing prime95 for 1hour at 5GHz @ 1.206V..

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 11:47 PM ----------

B. I bet unless you get the exact same motherboard as well, you won't achieve the same voltages, VRM, Mosfets, etc need to be decent on the motherboard otherwise that can also add voltage up.
    Well it just complety depends on the vdroop. E.g. going from a p8z77-v to a maximus v extreme orsomething, voltages shouldn't be different.

Deleted
    Ha... And I can barely get 4.5GHz stable at 1.375Vcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well it just complety depends on the vdroop. E.g. going from a p8z77-v to a maximus v extreme orsomething, voltages shouldn't be different.
    Actually, they can be, especially when you go to a board that is really honed in for overclockers.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, they can be, especially when you go to a board that is really honed in for overclockers.
    Err...nope : /

You're going to get more phases and better voltage delivery/stability, but that chip's still gonna need exactly the same amount of vcore as before lol.

The only real difference with top-grade boards (other than features) is when enthusiast-grade overclockers push voltages to disneyland and back (1.45v+ anyone?), that's where the improved VRM's/caps can help.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    A. You are seriously fucking obsessed, please seek help dear friend!
    A: old news
    B: should work fine with my new board.

@faith, yeah that one dropped by on tweakers but some buyers didn't show up.

in general the idea is just that i'd rather have a insane clocking chip since im likely to be stuck till atleast skylake on my 1155 socket.

I got my brothers new build with the 3570k running solid at 4.5GHz at 1.275 Vcore right now, I'm going to see what I can push this to over the weekend Also I just landed a $10,000 job for 5 workstations for video editing and coding from a business owner I know plus he needs a small in house network setup etc. so I'm excited as all hell to get building and get his network running with a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the heck of it, I made Matlab calculate the inverse of an nxn (square) matrix with 1,225,000,000 elements.

It took 1599.7 seconds!
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    It's obviously after he was done calculating..