Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    since when was torrenting illegal?
    to speak of the subject is forbidden by the forum rules
    7. Discussing or suggesting illegal downloading of software (aka pirating software) is not permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    to speak of the subject is forbidden by the forum rules
    7. Discussing or suggesting illegal downloading of software (aka pirating software) is not permitted.
    There are legal things you can do with a torrent though...

For example, the Blizzard Updater uses a torrent client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    There are legal things you can do with a torrent though...

For example, the Blizzard Updater uses a torrent client.
    do you know anyone with a torrent machine just for game updates?
    yes it is allowed in some rare cases but im pretty sure the majority of people use torrents for their dose of movies/series/cracked games. (thus being copyright breaking yadayada , we all know how the song plays from here on)

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, do not discuss, suggest or condone pirating anything.

But you can talk about torrents and P2P all you like. Torrent news, using torrents to download stuff legally (yes there is such a thing :P), etc.

Just don't link anything torrent-related because mods can't go through each and every link making sure it's safe/legal...even if it's a link to a perfectly legal piece of data, links to PirateBay or the sorts will most likely get infracted.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-05-04 at 09:17 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    do you know anyone with a torrent machine just for game updates?
    yes it is allowed in some rare cases but im pretty sure the majority of people use torrents for their dose of movies/series/cracked games. (thus being copyright breaking yadayada , we all know how the song plays from here on)
    This type of thinking is exactly what got megaupload removed. Just because people abuse it, doesn't mean the service is illegal.
    If you want to genuinly send a legitemate file to someone right now, without your own FTP or dropbox, you're going to have a bad time. Which is totally rediculous considering how much money we pour into our internet infracstructure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

But you can talk about torrents and P2P all you like. Torrent news, using torrents to download stuff legally (yes there is such a thing :P), etc.

Just don't link anything torrent-related because mods can't go through each and every link making sure it's safe/legal...even if it's a link to a perfectly legal piece of data, links to PirateBay or the sorts will most likely get infracted.
    Would linking to a torrent news site be okay or no?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

Probably spot-on.

The problem isn't torrenting itself, however enforcing it becomes difficult when the grey-areas are too muddied to hold a consistent level. It might sound horrible from a user-stand point, but the best bet is probably prohibiting all of it. Just like with Emulators. Discussing the concept is fine. Telling someone to/providing links/troubleshooting someone with this is a definite no-no.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Would linking to a torrent news site be okay or no?
    Quite likely.

Deleted
    btw would people have an interest if i'd made somekind of thread about delidding and lapping a cpu?
    gonna be sanding this evening till i have a mirror

10+ Year Old Account
    btw would people have an interest if i'd made somekind of thread about delidding and lapping a cpu?
    Haha, enjoy. Took me hours ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Haha, enjoy. Took me hours ><
    still in the long run it was worthwhile right?

Well i built 2 rigs today and one HDD got the lovely Unmountable boot drive -_-

Is this really worth doing? Like is the gain anything noticeable?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess you are sharing a connection with someone.
    we cannot help with such issues unless you could specify it more and it does not involve illegal activity (aka torrent machine) or greedy roommates hogging bandwidth
    I just get about half my connection speed when other computers are up in the house, which gives me about 300+ ms in WoW and makes Planetside 2 unplayable. And it's not greedy roommate, if another computer is just open with like 3 tabs open, my connection speed just tanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Is this really worth doing? Like is the gain anything noticeable?
    lapping is just a few degrees tops, delidding and replacing crappy intel TIM was by far the most rewarding in temp drop.
    looking at likely max temps of mid 70's under prime load and average of mid 60's. (where it was running into thermal limit with my NH-D14 with 2 cores reaching 105 degrees but barely not getting deactivated, ofc with same settings)

10+ Year Old Account
    still in the long run it was worthwhile right?
    Yes if done right, hard part is being patient enough to not get sloppy near the end.

lapping is just a few degrees tops, delidding and replacing crappy intel TIM was by far the most rewarding in temp drop.
    looking at likely max temps of mid 70's under prime load and average of mid 60's. (where it was running into thermal limit with my NH-D14 with 2 cores reaching 105 degrees but barely not getting deactivated, ofc with same settings)
    Interesting, my temps at the moment are about mid-60s at high load and rougly about 30-35 at idle so theoretically this could bring my temps down closer to ambient temp and maybe mid-high 50s at full load couldn't it? might be worth doing.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Interesting, my temps at the moment are about mid-60s at high load and rougly about 30-35 at idle so theoretically this could bring my temps down closer to ambient temp and maybe mid-high 50s at full load couldn't it? might be worth doing.
    Few degrees being 1-2 degrees tops. How do you reason it worth doing if you're already that low? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Few degrees being 1-2 degrees tops. How do you reason it worth doing if you're already that low? >.>
    Just my inner nerd talking, lol. The lower the better.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/30179/...se-/index.html

I don't like the color scheme as much as I like my Z77 UD3H scheme.

WTB a white/black motherboard mix. Or black/white.
    &nbsp;