15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    never bothered with any console after the PS2.
    still main concern is more the terrible porting that happens. (however they claim to improve this for the new generation)
    i still think they are gonna get too much flak from the online once every 24h and likely causing some kind of barrier to prevent the reselling of games in its current state.
    Porting will be stupid easy since both the XBO and PS4 use AMD x86 APUs. Not only that, but we might see a slight rise in the usefullness of AMD architecture, since we know how much game devs love developing for consoles first before porting to PC.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Porting will be stupid easy since both the XBO and PS4 use AMD x86 APUs. Not only that, but we might see a slight rise in the usefullness of AMD architecture, since we know how much game devs love developing for consoles first before porting to PC.
    in theory yes but it actually happening is a whole different story likely.
    still even if they can uttilize an octo core clocked at 1,9Ghz power wise it still pales to overclocked sandy/ivy quad cores. (multi core support would be awesome though)

in theory yes but it actually happening is a whole different story likely.
    still even if they can uttilize an octo core clocked at 1,9Ghz power wise it still pales to overclocked sandy/ivy quad cores. (multi core support would be awesome though)
    Assuming the game developers are going to keep making games as they currently are, instead of shifting even more of the oomph toward GPU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Assuming the game developers are going to keep making games as they currently are, instead of shifting even more of the oomph toward GPU
    Basicly this. About a year ago i needed to overclock my CPU, now it seems i can even run the games on stockspeed again.

Deleted
    im good either way :P
    two 780's and 3770k on 5,0Ghz won't be lacking any time soon. (with the exception of ubersampling in some cases)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 laughs at your ignorant arrogance, Shroudster! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Witcher 3 laughs at your ignorant arrogance, Shroudster! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
    /care
    pretty sure if i can get those 780's past 1200 they'll put up quite a fight

My monitor is dead, after 5 and a half years. Any recommendations, up to 150 euros?

Deleted
    iiyama if you got acces to such screens are pretty solid performance wise and very well priced usually.
    also what size?

iiyama if you got acces to such screens are pretty solid performance wise and very well priced usually.
    also what size?
    22-24", 1080p resolution.

Any console outside Nintendo isn't worth having! The only thing ever interesting about the PlayStation-franchises were Final Fantasy, and they only released one good game for the PlayStation-era, and Kingdom Hearts - which I never got to play.
    Xbox? Comfortable controllers.
    I have to agree here, I'm personally most excited about the new Wii U titles that are being released this year and next year. I will be getting a ps4 as well though.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    i just got a terrible idea to butcher my side panel.
    thinking of extending the 140mm sidefan to fit my 200mm megaflow cm fan. which i is doing nothing since my H100i got installed and move my 140mm above my 200mm front intake for additional cooling.
    or would it be better to make a box of 4 smaller fans on the side?

15+ Year Old Account
    i just got a terrible idea to butcher my side panel.
    thinking of extending the 140mm sidefan to fit my 200mm megaflow cm fan. which i is doing nothing since my H100i got installed and move my 140mm above my 200mm front intake for additional cooling.
    or would it be better to make a box of 4 smaller fans on the side?
    What for to be honest? I don't see it making any difference.

Also, I just tried custom bios on my 780. I was able to maintain stable 1202/7100MHz with 1.212V. Temps still didn't go past 77% and power was at around 70%. Even though I think the reported power percent was incorrect, as I am constantly hitting 104% on stock bios, it still feels too controlled when the card doesn't let me push it hotter (or maybe it just doesn't work past 1202MHz?). Makes me wonder if it's any use to water cool when I'm already limited way below throttling temperatures. Then again it'd be mostly aesthetics as I have currently no need to run the card past the stock boost.

edit: I Just realized that the custom bios is set to default power target of 350W which explains the lower total percentage. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm below both the temperature and power limits but the card refuses to overclock higher. Need more voltage.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2013-06-14 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    because my cards are kinda running hot in my case. (also got the idea of making some kinda of a wind tunnel in my lower hdd cage so the hot air is being pushed more out of the back of the case aswell.)
    pretty k-boost doesn't work past 1200 either.
    could run all benches except valley stable on +-1242.

What would you recommend as a monitor screen size for programming?

I would recommend you to post in the Computer forum.
    And also, resolution matters more than physical screen size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I guess you'd have to be some sort of ultra-snob or old-time person, the pen in the background is a namiki falcon with nib from Nibs.com. I've been waiting on it for around 4-months. Way more interesting than the sound card that was also waiting at the post office.
    Holy balls. That is some pen, and some skill needed to use it!

I used fountain pens since starting school at age 5, all the way to age 10 before we moved countries along with cursive/calligraphy that was pretty much mandatory. Untidy writing was punishable! It was interesting after moving to NZ that almost nobody knew how to write in cursive (they called it "fancy writing") and every kid was allowed to write however they hell they felt like as long as it was vaguely legible. An even bigger shock when the fucking teacher said she couldn't read my writing because certain letters in cursive (notably r, f, s, j and many capitals, etc) are quite different to how they are written in freehand. /facepalm

Obviously using fountains pens is messy business, ink blots all over the fingers everytime we refilled and god forbid any splash on our school uniform (lets just say mom wouldn't be very happy :P)...but they did have a certain charm to them.

I don't think any of the low-grade pens I've used have any of the versatility or flexibility of that Namiki one though, argh makes me want to buy one and learn how to use it all over again just to get some ink fumes up my nose <3
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-15 at 12:11 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Well either I've got the worst luck in the world or some unbeknownst party is intentionally fucking with me, but my 3tb that I bought on Monday is now not working. Ironically it stopped working a few hours after I recovered my data from the other drives onto it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I would recommend you to post in the Computer forum.
    And also, resolution matters more than physical screen size.
    Not necessarily.

If you have eyesight as bad as I do, trying to use a 1080p screen under 23" isn't fun.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Not necessarily.

If you have eyesight as bad as I do, trying to use a 1080p screen under 23" isn't fun.
    Get glasses or use UI/font scaling.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450