15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Get glasses or use UI/font scaling.
    I have glasses. I am legally blind without them. My contacts cannot fully correct my vision but are sufficient for errands or gatherings. My prescription is so bad that laser surgery wouldn't fully correct either.

I used scaling at my old job when I had a 21" monitor.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Damn, that sucks.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

If it's affordable for you and an option, it could be a lifechanger to get laser surgery all the same to minimize the problem, seeing how it may enable you to use contacts or glasses that cover the remaining grounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I have glasses. I am legally blind without them. My contacts cannot fully correct my vision but are sufficient for errands or gatherings. My prescription is so bad that laser surgery wouldn't fully correct either.

I used scaling at my old job when I had a 21" monitor.
    I know that feel bro. I have double focus, glasses don't fully correct either. Playing mutliplayer fps for me is mission impossible.

Deleted
    Everybody in my family has bad eyesight with me being the exception at this point.
    Still they think all the pc usage is bad for them
    Not being able to play a fps multiplayer would be a dissaster for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    If it's affordable for you and an option, it could be a lifechanger to get laser surgery all the same to minimize the problem, seeing how it may enable you to use contacts or glasses that cover the remaining grounds.
    I plan on it, but it's currently not affordable.

Deleted
    I need to get a SSD, my old harddrive just doesn't cut it anymore

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spakurd View Post
    I need to get a SSD, my old harddrive just doesn't cut it anymore
    What's your budget?
    What games do you typically play?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What's your budget?
    What games do you typically play?
    And how much space is required?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    And how much space is required?
    That's basically what I meant by what games they typically play. As we take those games and add in Windows and other minor programs of about 25GB and you have the minimum requirement. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dont suppose some of you here know a thing or two about digital cameras? If so any recommendations on a decent point-and-shoot camera?

In other news, recovered 90% of my data, yay
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I don't like the concept.
    I have a compact camera, a Cyber-shot from Sony. More than decent for the price and what it does. It can't really compete with things that cost 4x as much though. Obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Dont suppose some of you here know a thing or two about digital cameras? If so any recommendations on a decent point-and-shoot camera?
    You have to be a bit more specific. That's like asking "I need a decent computer that I can power on with a button".

You want a compact camera? With or without interchangeable lenses? DSLR? Full-frame? Cameras can range from $50 to $5000 depending on what you seek. That being said, I personally like Sony's NEX series as a nice amateur middle-ground in terms of optics and sensor quality and price. For anything above that, Nikon and Canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Sony's cheapest NEX is like $500 lol. But I suppose this happens with pretty much any product, once you really start getting into it you stop messing around with the budget riff-raff and even your minimum standards become pretty damn high for someone who knows nothing about it (e.g. me :P).

Like me telling a computer-noob that a $400 graphics card is totally worth it :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    I always found it more efficient to use my cell camera for basic photos, and a DSLR for 'good' photos. I got the DSLR for under $300 used. It's only 8MP, but to be honest, it's better than any new Point N Shoot for the same price, and image quality >>>>>>>>> image size.

I guess that's why I like the HTC One's camera so much too. xD

I dislike the HTC one's camera, and it's not MPx related. Its performance in most lighting scenarios leaveas a lot to be desired.

I dislike cell phone cameras for anything other than picture messaging, where it's something you can't avoid. I guess the camera is "another device" that takes up room but eh.
    I'd rather a compact-camera in those scenarios.

15+ Year Old Account
    Works better than any other cell camera I've used. The only one I find comes anywhere near close is the GT-i9100M's, and those aren't easy to find in good working order.

I have the GT-i9100 and I can definitely say that I would not enjoy changing the camera to the HTC one's.
    Of course, I don't like anything about HTC, so my opinion isn't completely unbiased.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I were to get a point n shoot though, I'd pretty much only go for Nikon. At least I know I'd be getting probably the best lens of any camera in that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    You have to be a bit more specific. That's like asking "I need a decent computer that I can power on with a button".

You want a compact camera? With or without interchangeable lenses? DSLR? Full-frame? Cameras can range from $50 to $5000 depending on what you seek. That being said, I personally like Sony's NEX series as a nice amateur middle-ground in terms of optics and sensor quality and price. For anything above that, Nikon and Canon.
    Just a normal compact camera, while I like the idea of dslr it's a bit too expensive and overkill for my purpose. Something upto like $250-300. I'm interested in photography but I currently dont have the money to invest in a dslr, so basically looking for a P&S camera that takes decent photos and/or video.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I were to get a point n shoot though, I'd pretty much only go for Nikon. At least I know I'd be getting probably the best lens of any camera in that class.
    I've been recommended a Nikon P310 but I thought I should get some more opinions before buying it.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-06-19 at 11:29 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno