Water freeze at 0, water boil at 100. It's not as logical as Kelvin, but it's logical in a different way. And one I'm brought up with.

1 km is 1000 meters, 1 meter is 1000 mm (or obv 100 cm). Easy.

1 metric ton is 1000 kg, 1 kg is 1000 grams.

1 computer is 1000 awesome, 1 awesome is 1000 well-spent hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's especially funny when I decide to put on an American news channel, start hearing about "and temperatures were nice and warm today, hitting 85 degrees" and I'm like "DAFUK?!" before realizing it's in fahrenheit :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    ooh i've come across a 3960x with two minor issues that might be sold for a very nice price. (it can actually do 5Ghz stable aswell )
    guess i better sit tight and see where the bidding ends, might end up cheaper than the mobo that i would need for it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Don't be silly! +25 is sauna.
    Swedish sauna maybe.. ^_^

Meanwhile in Finland +40-60 is considered cold, +60-80 a bit chilly and +80-120 about right.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    It gets hot in Finland?!
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course not, that's why we have saunas. We were talking about temps in sauna, right!?

10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate I'll end up downloading the modded 780 bios for additional voltage.

It's maxed at @ 1.2v, 1202mhz core / 3500mhz memory and the damn thing is till chilling at ~69c tops, nowhere near the 80c thermal limit.

Also CPU isn't even crossing 65c @ 4.7ghz, H100 fans plugged into a low-noise resistor lol.

God I love winter. I love it love it love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    At this rate I'll end up downloading the modded 780 bios for additional voltage.

It's maxed at @ 1.2v, 1202mhz core / 3500mhz memory and the damn thing is till chilling at ~69c tops, nowhere near the 80c thermal limit.

Also CPU isn't even crossing 65c @ 4.7ghz, H100 fans plugged into a low-noise resistor lol.

God I love winter. I love it love it love it.
    I'd have a panic attack if it was winter weather in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I'd have a panic attack if it was winter weather in July.
    Whatchu talkin bout willis? Winter in july is the norm, you guys are the weirdos who have summer during july :P
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Whatchu talkin bout willis? Winter in july is the norm, you guys are the weirdos who have summer during july :P
    Well, to be realistic, the sound of the words 'June', 'July' and 'August' have a warm sound to them. Where as 'December' and 'January' sound cold. It would be frigging weird with reversed seasons!

Though I will give you one thing, having New Year's Day in the summer is pretty badass.

Also...

HAY GUISE, HALP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post21812088

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Generally idle running temperatures of a CPU are approaching uncomfortable for outside heat. Full load temps are usually not seen anywhere except the Saudi desert.

50-60: Death
    40-50: Almost death, usually rated humidity levels for southern states
    30-40: Considered "hot" by most of North America, normal summer temperatures. Some areas it's normal humidity levels.
    20-30: Generally the comfortable range.
    10-20: Brisk to comfortable, lower range usually requires a sweater or jacket.
    0-10: Cool, cold. Really awful range for rain.
    -10-0: Cold. Uncomfortable due to below freezing point of water, which our bodies are mostly composed of (that's why C makes far more sense for weather, IMO)
    -20--10: Bitter cold, but tolerable. Average winter temperature for the north eastern seaboard. Considered Not bad in central North America.
    -30--20: Really cold, but average for central NA in the winter.
    -39--30: Dangerously cold, severe wind chill levels in most of NA. Probably just considered fucking cold in the central.
    -40: Celcius and Fahrenheit crossover.

Oh, for Sweden:

-25: Normal.
    +25: "Hot".
    Yup, -30-20. Here here. lol

And I agree C makes tons more sense.

So do meters.

And basically everything about the metric system.

Arbitrary numbers like 32 for water freezing and 212 for boiling.

-.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    ooh i've come across a 3960x with two minor issues that might be sold for a very nice price. (it can actually do 5Ghz stable aswell )
    guess i better sit tight and see where the bidding ends, might end up cheaper than the mobo that i would need for it
    Like we all said on Facebook.

Any issues with a CPU not working properly are not worth it. The CPU working properly is probably more important than the motherboard.

I guess if you want BSODs every day then okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's especially funny when I decide to put on an American news channel, start hearing about "and temperatures were nice and warm today, hitting 85 degrees" and I'm like "DAFUK?!" before realizing it's in fahrenheit :P
    You have American news channels... in New Zealand? O.o

........... why?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

........... why?
    Probably the same reason why an Atlanta based channel (Peachtree) is part of basic cable in some Maritime cities in Canada and CBC West isn't.

Minor issues? You don't really want to have cpu issues lol. I still remember my old Q9550 c1 performing equally to a e7400 dual core >.< I've read somewhere c1 having cache issues but cpu issues doesn't necessarly mean it's going to crash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

........... why?
    International news channels silly, they're broadcast everywhere

Fox comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm still need to fiddle with power target, but not bad for first attempt at OC

Stock:

OC:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Minor issues? You don't really want to have cpu issues lol. I still remember my old Q9550 c1 performing equally to a e7400 dual core >.< I've read somewhere c1 having cache issues but cpu issues doesn't necessarly mean it's going to crash.
    it was a mem lane issue (1 stick not being detected/working) and no warranty.
    too bad the price went too high too fast. guess i'll have to some for my skylake extreme instead

How good Gigabyte Z87 motherboards are? Would you guys recommend the UD4H/UD5H/G1 Sniper over something like, a Maximus Hero from ASUS for example?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

1) Make a thread
    2) Why would there be anything wrong with them?
    3) All of my two desktop motherboards I still have are Gigabyte
    4) Better colourschemes these days than ASUS
    5) Nothing wrong with this generation of MSI either
    6) Motherboard performance between different models has never been less relevant; Motherboards today are just about the features. Take the ones with the most I/O or features otherwise.
    &nbsp;

Thanks, tetris!

Reason I'm asking is because I had a bad experience with one of their motherboards that got burned (model was UD3R I believe, was X58 socket), so I wanted to know how reliable their Z87 ones are. Will be making a new build for a friend on Monday. Thanks again and next time I'll create a thread instead!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    1) Make a thread
    2) Why would there be anything wrong with them?
    3) All of my two desktop motherboards I still have are Gigabyte
    4) Better colourschemes these days than ASUS
    5) Nothing wrong with this generation of MSI either
    6) Motherboard performance between different models has never been less relevant; Motherboards today are just about the features. Take the ones with the most I/O or features otherwise.
    while i agree to quite an extend.
    i myself had nothing but trouble with 3 different gigabyte mobo's in 1 year time.
    best thing to do is make a topic with final parts list , we love those

best thing to do is make a topic with final parts list , we love those
    Will do. In around 10 minutes.