Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Would be safe to flash a 780 DCII with a Classified bios for moar voltage :S
    edit: nevermind
    define safe?
    you can use just a normal modded bios so you can acces 1,212V , classified one i wouldn't use due to not having the same power system (2x8pin + vrm's)

Would be safe to flash a 780 DCII with a Classified bios for moar voltage :S
    edit: nevermind
    I was able to flash 680 lightning with my 680 dc2, but doesn't KGB support the 700 series to voltmod?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I said nvm because I think I'm fine with 1228mhz core and 3500mhz memory :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Yeah I said nvm because I think I'm fine with 1228mhz core and 3500mhz memory :P
    ooh jelly. what kind of voltage is that?
    new case just arrived here so i'll be busy for today moving parts and hopefully <2 weeks i'll have my classifieds including waterblocks + other missing watercooling parts. (pump,top,coolant, few extra fittings, some extra screws and fan power hubs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    ooh jelly. what kind of voltage is that?
    1.2v, that's as high as it lets me go.

Deleted
    1.2v, that's as high as it lets me go.
    maybe you can reach 1250 with a modded bios
    i'm really curious for the classifieds seen them boost till 1400 with air cooling and voltage should be controlable till 1,35V.
    also that moment when you pull 10 fans out of an old crappy case and realize there's 7 noctua fans

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is how nVidia are allowing voltages to be boosted to that extent with Classifieds. I also suspect EVGA disabled the thermal downclocking, which nVidia wouldn't like either.

With the cooling that DCII has, if I allow temps to wonder into the 90's (still totally safe) and voltage to hit 1.35v...good god those overclocks...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keeping temps low through high voltage doesn't change the rate of electron creep/leakage. Just a friendly reminder...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Keeping temps low through high voltage doesn't change the rate of electron creep/leakage. Just a friendly reminder...
    hmm shouldn't that still increase due to the higher voltage?

hmm shouldn't that still increase due to the higher voltage?
    That's what he meant. High voltage = electron leakage, regardless of temperature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That's what he meant. High voltage = electron leakage, regardless of temperature.
    still isn't that a chance process instead of a certain process that happens at a certain voltage?

still isn't that a chance process instead of a certain process that happens at a certain voltage?
    Becomes more likely at higher voltages.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 Shroud tries too hard and kills his new 780s...

Can I say 'told you so?'
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Get Skype and we can test it. :P

I'll be getting an amp for my mic soon.

Got my XLR and TSR cables in. Pics coming soon.
    Hmm yeah. I've realized that the audio signal sent from "analog" audio devices like mics and guitars is extremely PC-unfriendly to say the least. For me nothing works without amplification, period. It's no wonder DJ's and live concert bands use those huge sound boards/mixers to get the job done.

I tried plugging my mic directly into the Xonar's mic in, the audio signal received in Audacity (or Sound Recorder) was like a tiny *blip* despite me yelling at the top of my lungs straight into the damn thing. And this thing is supposed to be super-sensitive. Tried the same thing with my guitar, same results of receiving nothing more than an incredibly weak signal.

Everything needs at least 10-50x amplification for proper quality, at least as far as my audio equipment goes. Integration between computers and live recording equipment turned out to be a lot more messy than I had thought.

Well at least I know the first troubleshooting step.
    1) Signal too weak? AMPLIFY THE MOTHERFUCKER WITH AN AMP

@ Xuvial: Any particular reason you went that route rather than a soundcard with D-sub/XLR in?

EDIT: Question asked before your post. Had the tab up.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    @ Xuvial: Any particular reason you went that route rather than a soundcard with D-sub/XLR in?
    Bought the soundcard almost a year and a half ago, wanted max quality for music and gaming via HD558's (and later SP2500). All this audio stuff is really new to me, especially XLR cables.

The more I learn about audio equipment the more it scares me away, especially the prices of the more premium stuff. I think I'm done with audio for now...I've got headphones, speakers and a solid mic, no more shit required :S

I meant a secondary sound card to get the signals straight from the guitar rather than through amplifier/speaker
    Don't know much about the musician's side, all I know is that a friend's step-dad is a musician and used to do it like that.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I meant a secondary sound card to get the signals straight from the guitar rather than through amplifier/speaker
    Oh. Yeah I do have something like that for my mic, it's this:

Even though it's got a USB connector and can act like a separate soundcard, I don't use it like that. For me it's SM57 > Ci1 > Xonar STX > PC. Moar amplification.

Regarding guitar, I only plugged it into the soundcard for testing purposes, the overwhelming majority of guitarists would never do that. You NEED a proper guitar amp for all the effects/filters done at the hardware level.

Even the best of the best guitarists (Satriani, Pettruci, etc) use the same setup when recording in a studio for the best quality - a dynamic/condenser mic facing an amp. It's just the equipment they use costs in the region of $5000-10,000+ :P
    If the guitarist has a certain amplifier+mic combination they REALLY love (not uncommon), for a live concert he'll simply bring along that amp+mic setup on stage and blast it out of the big speakers.

For stereo sound they get 2 (or more) mics and stick them on different parts of the amp so you get a really rich mix of trebles, mids and bass to make the guitar sound really powerful/deep like what you hear in your standard studio tracks. I could possibly do that waaaay in the future (splitting mono into stereo is easy for now), but only once I get a bigger amp.

Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-07-25 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    put a hdd hot swap bay on the front of my case, the damn thing is noisy with a drive in it lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    put a hdd hot swap bay on the front of my case, the damn thing is noisy with a drive in it lol
    Is the drive vibrating around too much?