Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Well!
    Air conditioning in general is not common in home environments so you are correct there.
    And I like not being able to tell the difference between gaming/computer turned off by noiselevel. ^^
    Fair enough.

I'm really liking Gigabyte, so far. The G1 Sniper, while expensive, has a ton of very nice features and it's without a doubt, a quality motherboard. I probably would've better ended up with something like a UD4H but I wanted to have some flagship motherboard from them and see how it compares to their ASUS's counterpart (RoG).
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

I was gonna get the G1 Sniper, but I decided to colour-coordinate my entire build (in time). And just too few things matching with green.
    Aaand there were like no z87-boards with blue. So the Z87X-D3H (edit: The UD3H had an ugly red power button) was the closest I could get to what I wanted. Has all the functions I need. And with Haswell, all the functions apart from SLI/Crossfire is on the chip itself these days, so motherboard barely matters outside special features.

edit: I'm not trying to downplay the G1 Sniper, don't get me wrong - it's fantastic. But with Haswell, I personally rather decided that colour > all. Since VRM is on-die, any feature not included on the motherboard I intend to deal with via expansion-cards. I had sound card and now I have wifi/bluetooth. So is working out reasonably so far. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Semi-related, but since I changed my mobo/CPU (or perhaps new drivers from nVidia?), I've been able to overclock my monitor higher. Previously it only went from 60->66Hz and higher would be blurry, but now it's at 72Hz. Higher just becomes black. :P
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-08-22 at 08:17 AM.

Totally understand that. Also I totally agree that green is kinda tricky to work with, heck even with other hardware that has green LED (stock 780). For example on my motherboard, the green LED on the EMI shielding has a darker shade of green than the one on the stock 780. Can't say I'm 100% satisfied when it comes to the color-matching department myself, but oh well, I keep learning with every build I make.

I remember Tom from TTL reviews on Youtube saying that white LED strips tend to compliment the green on the motherboard and other hardware, so I'm thinking about getting myself a 1 or 2M white LED strip and see how it does look look. As for the Noctua fans, I'll just pretend they don't exist. Yes their color seems to be out of place in the current build but after what I noticed about their performance today... those fans won't be going anywhere, anytime soon. It's not that I hate their color, either. In fact, I do actually like it!

Edit: Interesting stuff, tetris. I'd imagine it has something to do with the new driver. I also managed to update yesterday to see if it fixes the TDR issue I had. So far it's working like a charm.
    Last edited by Static; 2013-08-22 at 08:40 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

My Dell U2713HM came in yesterday. Gorgeous screen. Since BF3 is the only FPS I play these days I'm not regretting the loss of 120hz at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    My Dell U2713HM came in yesterday. Gorgeous screen. Since BF3 is the only FPS I play these days I'm not regretting the loss of 120hz at all.
    Interesting, how is the input lag / 8ms response?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    So i did a few attempts of overclocking. Nothing too serious, cause i haven't delidded it.
    I can boot at 4.6 @ 1.2V, and it's prime stable (10-15min though) at 4.2ghz @ 1.125V.

I can't find any haswell percentile graphs. How good is this chip, sub50, 50th, 75 or 90?

Tbh, delidding isn't necessary for overclocking Haswell if you're only doing 4.2-4.6 GHz.

Depending on chip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Tbh, delidding isn't necessary for overclocking Haswell if you're only doing 4.2-4.6 GHz.
    I'm reaching 75deg in 4.2ghz @ 1.125V just by gaming (crysis2). But any idea's on the chip quality?

What cooler? I'll have to install Crysis 2 again to compare, but my i74770k never reached above 66 (on the hottest core only while spiking, all fans on minimum) in d3, which is not comparable. Noctua Nh-d14, 4.4 @ 1.268

10+ Year Old Account
    Corsair H60. I'm thinking of selling the thing and getting a Dark Rock pro2. These closed loop things are horrible.

Closed loop are pretty great. However, single thin rad is likely not the way to go, at least not with stock fan (which I forget if H60 even comes with or if that was H40).
    Plus, they are amazing for GPU cooling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I replaced the stock fan with a SP120 high pres. high perf.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I'm reaching 75deg in 4.2ghz @ 1.125V just by gaming (crysis2). But any idea's on the chip quality?
    That's not right... Try reseating the heatsink?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heatsink is seated just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    I'm thinking of selling the thing and getting a Dark Rock pro2.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. Man that Dark Rock Pro 2 looks amazing. Do you happen to have a video/written review about it being compared to high-end AIO coolers?

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    That's not right... Try reseating the heatsink?
    That's Haswell for ya, them things run high temperatures even on minor overclocks for most people.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. Man that Dark Rock Pro 2 looks amazing. Do you happen to have a video/written review about it being compared to high-end AIO coolers?
    http://www.sweclockers.com/recension...11/15#pagehead
    First version.
    The second one, iirc, has been updated mostly with better mounting mechanism (now requiring people to only have two hands instead of three) and slightly better cooling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The second one, iirc, has been updated mostly with better mounting mechanism (now requiring people to only have two hands instead of three)
    Oh god, that mounting system of the C1. Absolutely terrible xD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I managed to overclock my U2713HM to 96hz on a GTX670. Saying that though I didn't notice much difference other than the actual FPS display showing up as 96 instead of just 60 with Vsync on.

This is playing GW2 and The Witcher. I went back to 60hz after the evening because I didn't notice the difference *shrug*