10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    With Gsync, the lag you have is equal to the rendering time of your GPU. (As example: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/a...-bf3-ultra.png)

Like we haven't heard it enough that people disable Vsync just because the game stutters because of that, but we still can see microstutter or feeling totally sluggish because of high times without vsync.
    It doesn't stutter because the renderingtime alters, it's because the GPU doesn't stop drawing and only updates the buffer with the images from the backbuffer when the screen is ready. Which means that frames are grabbed 2 or 3 times (partially fixed with tripple buffering). Please, just read how it works. Then you also understand the implications a static refreshrate causes, and also how a dynamic refreshrate would solve allot of them (and also not use the word "lag" in the same scentence as g-sync). Right now you are just randomly slapping stuff together in an incoherent mess.

Here's a nice read, in layman's terms.
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    You're linking me vsync stuff while I'm nothing with it, maybe you should stop copypasting stuff. Do you even want to understand that Gsync won't prevent microstuttering?

"Micro stuttering is a term used in computing to describe a quality defect that manifests as irregular delays between frames rendered by the GPU(s)" What does vsync have to do here.. Take that last graph I linked obviously proved it's stutterish.

Where do you see in this page anything being said of vsync? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_stuttering

A gpu rendering at 70ms, you'll have a delay on your screen of 70 ms with gsync as this guy even stated: http://www.overclock.net/t/1435176/g...#post_21017021

Gsync is not a fix for microstutter that's clear (in that thread Forceman said that too), if it would then it's extremely amazing and worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... sorry i'm done. It's like you just don't want to understand. And i'm sort of done with the subject.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-10-20 at 09:24 PM.

Anyone using Windows 8.1 out there? I'm currently running Win 7 (and am quite happy with it), but via my college, I can get a free version of Win 8, and if I have Win 8 I get a free upgrade to 8.1, correct?

Anyway, my question is this: is it buggy / compatibility issues / worth upgrading to at this very moment? I graduate in 2 months, and want to take advantage of a free OS, but I don't want to "upgrade" to a buggy OS.

Some issues, but nothing that will not be fixed, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Some issues, but nothing that will not be fixed, for sure.
    What issues, if you don't mind listing them?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    What issues, if you don't mind listing them?
    I think they are mainly due to drivers not playing nicely with 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think they are mainly due to drivers not playing nicely with 8.1
    Ah. I'm mostly concerned with program compatibility, such as Maya, Unity, and such.

Yeah... sorry i'm done. It's like you just don't want to understand. And i'm sort of done with the subject.
    You claimed that Gsync is going to fix all microstutter issues:

I think it does.
    Which was plain wrong.

Stutter is basicly the GPU being slower with updating the buffer that the scanningtime of the monitor.
    Didnt match the wiki description, again wrong. The rendering times of your gpu is like in almost all cases slower than the scanning time of your monitor so we do always have stutter all the time? No obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    Faith, didn't i already mention i wasn't going to participate in this discussion any longer? I do not feel a discussion is really worth my time with someone who doesn't understand the basics or just refuses to even properly read my posts.

@Windows8.1 discussion. I'm waiting with updating till everything clears out, but i'm not really waiting for the return of the start button, i kinda like the metro interface. Kinda wondering why i should bother. Then again, i haven't really looked into it that much.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-10-21 at 06:45 PM.

From the "post your rig" thread, courtesy of Mr Noteworthy "killjoy" nerd ( <3 ;D )

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Where are you from again? O.o

Usually I hear the Swedes complaining about paltry "heat" like 25 Celsius... summers here can range anywhere from 25-40 Celsius. (Northeastern Illinois)
    I live in south-east Germany. It is not uncommon to go 3-6 weeks in July/August without the outside temperature ever dropping below 25°C; we've had the thermometer go above 45°C in the (south-facing) garden.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    From the "post your rig" thread, courtesy of Mr Noteworthy "killjoy" nerd ( <3 ;D )

I live in south-east Germany. It is not uncommon to go 3-6 weeks in July/August without the outside temperature ever dropping below 25°C; we've had the thermometer go above 45°C in the (south-facing) garden.
    KILLJOY INDEED!

We must conspire against him, his demise is inevitable!

Dang, I did not realize Germany got so hot. O.o Thoughts temps like those were reserved for Greece or some such place, but I guess you aren't that far off from me in terms of Latitude lines, so it only makes sense!

Summer of 2012 was especially hot over here. Dry. Hot. 110 F being about 43-44 Celsius. >_< Went to a concert... and ended up getting dehydrated and nearly fainting several times, of course.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

It is only really this area of Germany, go to the north and it is much more temperate.

The area I live in is basically a long rift valley between the mountains of the Black Forest and the Vosges. This means that the air just gets hotter and hotter because the easterly and westerly winds that come from France and Eastern Europe sort of skip over the top of the valley, leaving us to cook (at least, that's what I think happens).

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black Forest. Vosges.

Sounds like you live on Azeroth or in the world of Skyrim. Maybe Westeros? Perhaps Middle Earth...
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Black Forest. Vosges.

Sounds like you live on Azeroth or in the world of Skyrim. Maybe Westeros? Perhaps Middle Earth...

Shows the relief of the terrain quite nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to return the H60. I'm not sure if it's defective, but it's always been really shit. 15min prime95 reaches 61-62 degrees on stockspeed. Stockfan is about 79-81degrees. Fanspeed both on "standard" mode. Funny thing is that the H60 on that mode produces about 3 to 4 times the amount of noise.

Think i might trade it for a Dark Rock Pro 2.

PS: If i smell the tubing, there is a slight rotten-egg odor coming through the fitting. I'm thinking SRB or whatever it's called.

10+ Year Old Account
    What overclock are you running?

Also, last I checked, the H60 was like one of the absolute worst in that series of AIO water coolers...
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was the '13 version. So a version 2.0 as it were.
    No overclock, it hit 62deg on 'standard' setting. If i ran it on quiet mode it hits 74deg on stockfreq.

It's either a piece of shit, or it's broken. I hope the latter, so i can get my money back.

Essentially, in a cooling performance to noiselevel ratio, it's about as good as the i5 stockcooler atm.

Maje are you sure the pump is running at its full speed since all the 3 wires are in one fan header compared to a H80/H100? I would rather take a nh-u12s or nh-u14s over a dark rock pro 2 because it performs way better according to hardware.info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmAVaYjuveQ Linus his review of nh-u14s; 20° difference vs a H80i. I replaced my H100i awhile ago with a nh-u12s, had to lower my OC from 4.6 to 4.4 but gained so much more quietness and being atleast RMA free. Their pump never have been quiet enough for me really >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the pump is running. I checked it by adjusting the speed of it which resulted in a temperature change (significant).
    And yeah, the pump really annoys the shit out of me. I'm kinda glad it's full of bacteria crap, it gives me a reason to RMA it.