Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah the pump is running. I checked it by adjusting the speed of it which resulted in a temperature change (significant).
    And yeah, the pump really annoys the shit out of me. I'm kinda glad it's full of bacteria crap, it gives me a reason to RMA it.
    Doesn't your shop accept it that you just change it with a different cooler? The clearance/looks AIO's provide doesn't really justify the pump's noise imo

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The H60 is junk. The only ones worth a damn are the H80i and H100i, I suppose maybe the H90 and H110 too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The H80i and H100i also seem to have some pretty common issues with the pumps.

There's a reason I'm staying air cooling.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i used to say the same, had a huge brainfart ordering this. I think i was too concerned about the aesthetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could always buy a D14 :P
    What annoys me is that D14 has barely budged in price over the last 4 goddamn years, it released at $89.99.

What annoys me even more is that over the last 4 years no air cooling technology has emerged that flat-out beats D14, not unless you count D14-clones like Silver Arrow and Phanteks PT-H14189CKSP176718FUCK.

If my H100 ever dies it's getting replaced with a Noctua cooler.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

There isn't really any need to drop the price, because Noctua has hardly any competition. Noctua was demoing a few new coolers at Computex (including one with active noise cancellation).

Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-10-25 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's because they perform well. But my god, why don't they change the colors :P
    Btw if i get a RMA approval i'm trading it for a BQ Dark Rock Pro 2 probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    But my god, why don't they change the colors :P
    To make their stuff clearly stand-out in most builds that are based around black/blue/red themes, so people can simply take a glance and say "that's Noctua alright". Having a color scheme that clashes horribly with 99% of builds ensures they will always be easily identifiable.

I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why Noctua refuses to release fans in any other color scheme...even though it would be incredibly easy for them and literally double their sales.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Yeah, it is all about the brand recognition. When you look in the fridge at a supermarket, if you see a red label and a curvy bottle, you know it is coca-cola. If you see tan fans with a cream frame, you know they are Noctua fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Haha so good!

Deleted
    and to those wondering , yes that is actually a picture of me .
    if really lucky you might find it on a bottle of vedett beer.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I'm currently on the market for new earbuds. The cheap ones I've been using just gave out so any suggestions? Budget is from $50 to $150 although I don't really have to spent that much since I don't have a decent player for them. Mostly concerned about the build quality and durability.

Any take on these 3?
    -Brainwavz M4
    -HiFiMan Re-400
    -Hisoundaudio Crystal

Or possibly something else? :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Well done... well done. I love it.. and it is far too true!

Now you must do this for everyone. >_>

Cyanotical: "ROUTERZ!!!!"
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So i've been experimenting with running games off my fileserver and i'm actually suprised how well it works. Only a slight increase in loadtimes, but that's about it.
    Thinking of moving my games folder to the fileserver and remove the physical drive in my system. It would make my investment in quiet fans actually worth it.

Maybe put a few really demanding games on the ssd though. And it took an mklink to fool steam, it didn't like networkdrivers :P

Games shouldn't suffer too much over network compared to a mechanical hard drive, as long as you can make use out of your entirety of the 1Gbit availible. I wonder if I'd be able to record game footage over network with shadowplay.. That would make me not need mechanical storage at all anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i can get about 125MB/s (RT-N66U), with lots of small files it drops a bit. Accestimes on the networkdriver are lower than my physical drive due to raid5. So there is hardly any difference, combined. I think shadowplay launches today, so i'd say give it a go

It is rumoured to roll out today, yes; there are already leaked drivers availible around the web.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sold the corsair fans also, thinking of redoing my cooling with noctua's. Tired of the rumbling and bearingsqueaks. Anyone with noctua's can confim if these have none of that? Was looking to order 1xNF-S12A FLX and 4xNF-A14 ULN

H60 is going to be replaced with a Dark Rock Pro 2, it's just better than a D14.

The NF-P12s on my U12P are perfect. At 900RPM the only thing that tells me that they are spinning is the fact that they are spinning. The only thing they're missing is PWM control (but they came with two sets of resistors).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to connect them all to the mainboard for fancontrol. Don't have enough connections, but i can put two on one connection since they are so rediculously low power.

Comparisson, stock casefan is 0.38A @ 12V, the NF-A14 ULN is 0.04A. Basicly can put them all on 1 pin lol.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-10-28 at 05:42 PM.