Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What, why blame newegg? That's how businesses work. Supplies sell out even with this price. It's still less money than here
    Newegg is seemingly the driver of the price increases, the prices were "stable" on Amazon and other retailers until Newegg raised the price on the R9 cards by $100; now the other retailers are following suit.

Yes, that's a "normal" business practice, but that doesn't mean they are blameless.

I don't see why there needs to be blame to begin with. And if so, miners are the only ones whom need to be blamed.

And possibly nVidia since they're the ones who started pressing prices up with their Titan into 780. Etc. Yeah, this train can keep going for a while.

Yeah, the Titan was priced at that price-point because they needed the bait to make a 650+ dollar GTX 780 seem like a reasonable buy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BACK IN MY DAY... you were considered wealthy if you were willing to drop $500 on a GTX 580! Har har har

Much less a few hundred more for a GTX 590!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    BACK IN MY DAY... you were considered wealthy if you were willing to drop $500 on a GTX 580! Har har har

Much less a few hundred more for a GTX 590!
    original price on the 590 classified was $609.99

I've just ordered a ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo II for my 680, which is currently sporting the reference cooler. My previous plan was to sell my 680 and purchase a R9 290, but the hyper-inflated prices here in the US have me pretty ticked off so I decided to just replace the cooler on my 680 and continue to use it through this generation.

Probably the more sensible choice anyway, there is nothing wrong with my 680. Considering the other purchases I've made recently (Korean 1440p monitor and DXRacer chair), it's likely best that I save money for a while. :3
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-12-27 at 10:04 PM.

I can relate to that. I really should save up money, but I also have such an itch for building right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    $700 for a 290X...what the actual fuck? Yeah mining is partly responsible, but this is probably the weirdest thing that has ever happened in the GPU market.

So currently 780 Ti is a no-brainer: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125489
    Welcome to Aussie prices americans!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well this card with samsung memory gets 600Khash/s at 1175MHz@1.036V/7000MHz. If I could somehow get that modded bios to run stable on my system I could easily get 1300MHz@1.21V same goes for my other 780 with elpida memory. Now it's just undervolting like hell and needs more power to get higher clocks. I don't really see the point of buying that R9 280x just for mining if a 780ti can get close to its hashrate and performing a lot better in games.
    Because up until recently nvidia cards were doing fuck all in regards to mining. Cudaminer got a big re-code to make it more efficient hence why you see such hashes. Also you cant really compare a 280x to a 780ti pricewise. The 280x can get 600-800khash/card and is a few hundred dollars cheaper, and thus it has the best price/performance ratio.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-12-28 at 03:49 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    original price on the 590 classified was $609.99
    I knew I was going to be off, just took a swing of a guess at it. But hey, look at that! THAT IS CHEAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I've just ordered a ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo II for my 680, which is currently sporting the reference cooler. My previous plan was to sell my 680 and purchase a R9 290, but the hyper-inflated prices here in the US have me pretty ticked off so I decided to just replace the cooler on my 680 and continue to use it through this generation.

Probably the more sensible choice anyway, there is nothing wrong with my 680. Considering the other purchases I've made recently (Korean 1440p monitor and DXRacer chair), it's likely best that I save money for a while. :3
    Yeah, I mean, the 680/770 cards and below might not be the absolute best for 1440p, but hey, unless you want to run your games at max and OC the monitor to 120 Hz, you're probably going to do alright. I'll be getting one of those monitors soon enough and I am pretty sure my 760 will do alright too. Unfortunate that your 680 being reference probably can't overclock too much though, but hopefully the better cooling will give GPU Boost more to work with! Let us know how it works and post pictures in the Gaming setup thread!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    and DXRacer chair
    How is the chair treating you?

Btw, don't you just love when they advertise HDMI cables like this:

Last edited by protput; 2013-12-29 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... if anything, at least they aren't charging you an arm and a leg for their cables. That price is actually pretty legitimate.

OR we could get the super duper platinum-coated ones... that cost $1,000. lol
    "A flower.

Given that NWN has mentioned that chair so many times since buying it, I'd guess he likes it, Protput

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post

Btw, don't you just love when they advertise HDMI cables like this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/22n7311.png[IMG]
    whats so bad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Given that NWN has mentioned that chair so many times since buying it, I'd guess he likes it, Protput
    I actually haven't set mine up yet. I'm getting a new apartment within the next month or two and decided to just keep it in the box. I have used a friend's for an extended period of time, however, and I like it very much.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the the AUX on Speed fan? Should I be worried if it is 44c? Everything else is fine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What is the the AUX on Speed fan? Should I be worried if it is 44c? Everything else is fine.
    I'm 95% sure it is auxiliary, which I do believe is the motherboard or chipset. Nothing to worry about.

Besides, 44 Celsius is pretty damn cool...

@NWN, what did the chair feel like?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    @NWN, what did the chair feel like?
    It's firm, but comfortable. He has his set so that it kind of "forces" you to sit straight, which is how I'll have mine set as well. I have a bad habit of slouching in my chair after a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I think my 7970 is dead, trying to rma it(I bought it through ebay so it will be hard>.<) I think one of the power pins might be messed up, one of them has a yellowish tint to it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yup, I think my 7970 is dead, trying to rma it(I bought it through ebay so it will be hard>.<) I think one of the power pins might be messed up, one of them has a yellowish tint to it.
    If you have the original purchase receipt and it is within warranty you should be able to get it RMA'd through the manufacturer's customer service department.