Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I like the "Noctua" branding on the Coolermaster AiO
    That looks like an H100i to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That looks like an H100i to me.
    Meh, it is all the same OEM anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Meh, it is all the same OEM anyway.
    Asetek don't make the H100i I think. They're responsible for the small "circle" shaped ones I believe.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not yet made up my mind, but I am pretty set on buying the Schiit Modi DAC and Asgard 2 AMP. The DAC will of course, convert the digital signal from my PC to analog and then wire it into the AMP. I will use the AMP for both my studio monitors and headphones, thus negating the need to continue having the ASUS Xonar DX in my computer, yay!

Though most don't realize it at first, the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones may be 32 Ohms, but they do need an amp to perform their best. The Shure SRH440s need 44 Ohms, so I've definitely not been using those at their best potential performance, either.

Seeing how I've never liked screwing with EQ and always liked a flat sound, Schiit will be the best route for me.

I just need to get myself mentally to the point of being okay with the fact that my DAC+AMP will cost more than my headphones and studio monitors. >_>

Two $100 headphones sets and a $250 pair of Presonus Eris E5 monitors versus a $368 DAC+AMP setup. =X
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've not yet made up my mind, but I am pretty set on buying the Schiit Modi DAC and Asgard 2 AMP. The DAC will of course, convert the digital signal from my PC to analog and then wire it into the AMP. I will use the AMP for both my studio monitors and headphones, thus negating the need to continue having the ASUS Xonar DX in my computer, yay!

Though most don't realize it at first, the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones may be 32 Ohms, but they do need an amp to perform their best. The Shure SRH440s need 44 Ohms, so I've definitely not been using those at their best potential performance, either.

Seeing how I've never liked screwing with EQ and always liked a flat sound, Schiit will be the best route for me.

I just need to get myself mentally to the point of being okay with the fact that my DAC+AMP will cost more than my headphones and studio monitors. >_>

Two $100 headphones sets and a $250 pair of Presonus Eris E5 monitors versus a $368 DAC+AMP setup. =X
    If you like pouring money down the drain.. Why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    If you like pouring money down the drain.. Why not.
    That insinuates there is no benefit to such sound hardware... is that really what you think? Just what sound setup do you use?

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, any gaming PC is money down the drain - this is all just about getting the best experience. Audio, visual, everything counts. Even down to buying a mechanical keyboard for $100 as opposed to a rubber-dome for $40. A nice mouse with more buttons for $80 rather than a regular one for $20.

See what I mean?
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Anon doing IT:
    http://imgur.com/a/iJD8f
    http://imgur.com/a/AOz0d
    As it's appropriate to say in this context, my sides.

Anybody know why I can't read mp4 files recorded by OBS using quick sync into sony vegas, and how I can fix this problem?

Deleted
    See if it accepts the files after installing both 32- and 64-bit versions of this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/files/

When looking at the file properties in Vegas, it says that there is no video stream. Even though there is, because I can load the video in WMP and watch it.

Deleted
    Yes, Vegas is picky about the codecs. If all else fails, convert it before editing (preferably to something lossless).

I think I have it working, thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Anon doing IT:
    http://imgur.com/a/iJD8f
    http://imgur.com/a/AOz0d
    As it's appropriate to say in this context, my sides.
    Made me laugh thanks. People make IT seem so easy....

There has been some more Intel rumors, for there rehash they seem to be having improved thermal interface materiel.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, drives me nuts. Sometimes if I record a long portion of, for instance, Skyrim, with Fraps, and then render it as maybe a 40 minute long video, WMP/YouTube simply won't play it. -.-

No reason that I can figure out, just too long, I imagine. For some video lengths, lowering the bitrate a little bit has helped, but then it can get pixelated, so I have taken to just break them up into shorter videos, which is even more time-consuming, thus I am starting to lose my morale for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Made me laugh thanks. People make IT seem so easy....

There has been some more Intel rumors, for there rehash they seem to be having improved thermal interface materiel.
    Oh yeah, saw that, I'm thinking I may have to upgrade just so I can say my Processor is from "Devil's Canyon"... XD
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, saw that, I'm thinking I may have to upgrade just so I can say my Processor is from "Devil's Canyon"... XD
    The girls are going to love you!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The girls are going to love you!
    um lol i've never even heard of it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a question what jobtitle/degree does the people at Intel/AMD/Nvidia have to make cpus and gpus? Something like Computer Engineering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someone97 View Post
    um lol i've never even heard of it :P
    It's brand new, that's why.
    "A flower.

Deleted