Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Anyone seen the proposed Windows 9 DRM?

http://www.techpowerup.com/202830/mi...windows-9.html

Kind of on the fence about it personally since it would be yet another online account I'd likely have to sign up for but I would no longer have to type in a product key.
    So, more barriers for the legitimate user, and pirates will continue to pirate. Got it. *sighs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So, more barriers for the legitimate user, and pirates will continue to pirate. Got it. *sighs*
    You mean more barriers for the legitimate user and therefore an increase in piracy rates :P

It's like MS are completely out of touch with how badly DRM backfired in gaming over the last 5-10 years -_-
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You mean more barriers for the legitimate user and therefore an increase in piracy rates :P

It's like MS are completely out of touch with how badly DRM backfired in gaming over the last 5-10 years -_-
    Right. I did mean that, and I totally agree. I don't see why they're thinking about changing it...I believe it will hurt them if they do pursue this rumor.

I would need a good reason to change OS, tbqh.
    Even getting it free from school is not good enough of a reason.

Isn't this basically the phoning home system?

I like not having to phone microsoft to ask if they could pretty please reset the installation counter on my Windows licence, don't like having to make an account to do so. Hopefully you won't need a credit card to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm baaaack! Just bought a KBT Poker II and KBT Race II. Super excited. Poker gets here today, Race gets here tomorrow.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I'm baaaack! Just bought a KBT Poker II and KBT Race II. Super excited. Poker gets here today, Race gets here tomorrow.
    Won't lie, had to look up what both of those were. :P I like how compact and tiny they look, while I like having numpad (for the few occasions I do actually use it) I still really appreciate desk-space-savers. Very interested in hearing your thoughts on these keyboards.

Speaking of keyboards, the Corsair K70 Cyanotical sent me with Cherry MX Blue switches has definitely replaced my K90. I dread the day, when, if he ever does, asks for it back. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Won't lie, had to look up what both of those were. :P I like how compact and tiny they look, while I like having numpad (for the few occasions I do actually use it) I still really appreciate desk-space-savers. Very interested in hearing your thoughts on these keyboards.

Speaking of keyboards, the Corsair K70 Cyanotical sent me with Cherry MX Blue switches has definitely replaced my K90. I dread the day, when, if he ever does, asks for it back. :P
    I was utterly convinced that I'd hate typing on Cherry Reds, but I actually really like it. I think I can type faster. Now I just need to get used to this keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    I was utterly convinced that I'd hate typing on Cherry Reds, but I actually really like it. I think I can type faster. Now I just need to get used to this keyboard.
    I like both, I'm finding. The K70 just lacks the problem the K90 had (that one firmware problem) and also is fully mechanical and no extra macro keys. THANK GOD.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my K90's MX Reds I have found myself accidentally pushing down keys with just the weight of my fingers/hand. Occasionally during BF4 or Skyrim my character starts moving in a random direction (which confuses the heck out of me for a second), and then I notice I've pushed down one of my WASD keys halfway down without even realizing it.

MX Reds are a bit too light/smooth and IMO not the best kind for gaming. You can do repeated keystrokes really fast (great for typing) and you can bottom-out the keys easily, but for gaming it doesn't give a clear enough indication of when you activate the key.

Meanwhile my CM Storm's Cherry Browns have been a MUCH more satisfying experience. Same force as MX Red but gives you a nice "bump" (not clicky) when you activate the key. No more accidental key-presses

All hail MX Browns!
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2014-07-16 at 03:41 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I did actually have that issue sometimes as well. Haven't noticed it since I got the K70. :P
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Anyone seen the proposed Windows 9 DRM?

http://www.techpowerup.com/202830/mi...windows-9.html

Kind of on the fence about it personally since it would be yet another online account I'd likely have to sign up for but I would no longer have to type in a product key.
    I would call it...Windows NEIN!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Agh, ordered a bunch of new stuff for my computer. I'm going to explode with excitement. (And from an empty wallet.) Looking at a new mouse and mousepad next. I got a little carried away on the keyboards and sold two of them.

I realized today my GPU is no longer above the recommended gpu for some games, so it's kind of a sad day for my 6870. I've known for a while now that 1gb video cards just don't cut it anymore though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I realized today my GPU is no longer above the recommended gpu for some games, so it's kind of a sad day for my 6870. I've known for a while now that 1gb video cards just don't cut it anymore though.
    Running dual 7970's here... it might take awhile, but I'm terrified of the day that I can't run a game off this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Meh, having a higher frame buffer is useful, but the effects are over-stated. Lower AA and use less than the highest textures, profit.
    That said, I'd give you a 6950 I have lying around if I could. :P It's 1GiB, but I never noticed much less performance over the 2GiB 6970 I also have lying around, even in higher texture games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone talk me out of this stypid summer toy build I'm planning. -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Meh, having a higher frame buffer is useful, but the effects are over-stated. Lower AA and use less than the highest textures, profit.
    That said, I'd give you a 6950 I have lying around if I could. :P It's 1GiB, but I never noticed much less performance over the 2GiB 6970 I also have lying around, even in higher texture games.
    It's just that my computer constantly yells at me to turn off my aero theme with certain games. That bugs me and tells me it's time to upgrade. Maybe my assumption is wrong though, but that has to do with my vram right? The games run great otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Someone talk me out of this stypid summer toy build I'm planning. -_-'
    Stop being stupid! That case is way too silly looking. Get the Corsair 250D!

I'm being helpful.