The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's just that my computer constantly yells at me to turn off my aero theme with certain games. That bugs me and tells me it's time to upgrade. Maybe my assumption is wrong though, but that has to do with my vram right? The games run great otherwise.
    Ah, Aero "needing to be turned off" or being advised to, is just Windows 7 being annoying. It tells me to do that fairly often, less now that I got the GTX 760 but if a game is pretty high on the graphical factor, it usually tries to get me to turn it off, I don't.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Stop being stupid! That case is way too silly looking. Get the Corsair 250D!

I'm being helpful.
    That case is like one of the best looking ones out there. And really the only reason I'm ordering from UK since it's so hard to find around here. Corsair 250D is too boxy!

It's just that my computer constantly yells at me to turn off my aero theme with certain games. That bugs me and tells me it's time to upgrade. Maybe my assumption is wrong though, but that has to do with my vram right? The games run great otherwise.
    Get that all the time with my GTX 780 as well (3gb). It's just garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Practical joke anyone? XD
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    That case is like one of the best looking ones out there. And really the only reason I'm ordering from UK since it's so hard to find around here. Corsair 250D is too boxy!
    It's a Windows 7 thing sadly. Can try a bunch of the suggestions in below links...

http://superuser.com/questions/31457...rmance-warning
    http://superuser.com/questions/50730...ve-performance
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Suggestion in this link below might help as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-029-_-Product

Someone talk me out of this stypid summer toy build I'm planning. -_-'
    a) Do you go to a lot of LANs?
    b) Do you generally feel as though your computer is hard to lugg around?
    c) Would you honestly not miss your "main computer" performance if you did?
    d) Why the hell would you go with a 760w PSU for a 400w in an SLI build and <210w normal gaming? (not that 750 Ti even supports SLI)

Like the others've said, that's just Windows 7 being Windows 7. If anything, it'd be RAM and not VRAM.
    I don't have this issue myself, but then again, I'm using Win 8.1 which doesn't use Aero. Which might be why
    If your game performance isn't actually suffering, neither should you.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of miniPC's, I wish I had one of these to play with. I almost bought it. I've been having so many frustrating problems with my PC. My seemingly stable 5.2ghz 2500k has begun to have a plethora of problems (probably due to the voltage I've been putting through it.) I really want to do a rebuild, but I can't be arsed to pull everything out. I mean-- I'd mourn the loss of my graphics setup, but I don't even play any games that use my two 7970's. I literally play osu!, CS:GO, and WoW. None of those are particularly graphics intensive. (In fact, I could probably get by with an IGP/APU.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    a) Do you go to a lot of LANs?
    b) Do you generally feel as though your computer is hard to lugg around?
    c) Would you honestly not miss your "main computer" performance if you did?
    d) Why the hell would you go with a 760w PSU for a 400w in an SLI build and <210w normal gaming? (not that 750 Ti even supports SLI)
    a) No.
    b) No.
    c) Yes.
    d) I've been wanting to replace my AX 850 for a while now due to coilwhine. So if I bought that I could use it to play around with the mini build and throw it in my main build when I grow tired. Also, Platinum rating and modular cables (have extra set of white sleeved cables to go with it). :>

The idea would be to basically have just really compact, quiet and low power machine I could use during summer to reduce the heat. Dunno what the hell I'd do afterwards. Maybe seat it in the living room and use as media PC? Only problem is that I don't really have a living room nor TV atm.

On the topic of miniPC's, I wish I had one of these to play with. I almost bought it. I've been having so many frustrating problems with my PC. My seemingly stable 5.2ghz 2500k has begun to have a plethora of problems (probably due to the voltage I've been putting through it.) I really want to do a rebuild, but I can't be arsed to pull everything out. I mean-- I'd mourn the loss of my graphics setup, but I don't even play any games that use my two 7970's. I literally play osu!, CS:GO, and WoW. None of those are particularly graphics intensive. (In fact, I could probably get by with an IGP/APU.)
    I think Linus did a review on that and the thing just couldn't keep itself cool. I love the concept but it's really no use to have gtx 760 in it if it just throttles like hell.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2014-07-23 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Like the others've said, that's just Windows 7 being Windows 7. If anything, it'd be RAM and not VRAM.
    I don't have this issue myself, but then again, I'm using Win 8.1 which doesn't use Aero. Which might be why
    If your game performance isn't actually suffering, neither should you.
    Good to know lol, It's def not a RAM problem since I overkilled on that and went for 16gb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Linus did a review on that and the thing just couldn't keep itself cool. I love the concept but it's really no use to have gtx 760 in it if it just throttles like hell.
    There's some pretty easy solutions to that...

For some reason the only game my 7950's fans need to ramp up from the "idle speed" on is Hearthstone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlimited FPS?

Probably. Similar thing happens in Minecraft (where I even get some coil whine because V-Sync isn't applied at the game menu, only when you load in to the world) and the graphics card is going crazy pumping out hundreds of FPS because Minecraft is a piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Probably. Similar thing happens in Minecraft (where I even get some coil whine because V-Sync isn't applied at the game menu, only when you load in to the world) and the graphics card is going crazy pumping out hundreds of FPS because Minecraft is a piece of shit.
    That's exactly what it is. Hearthstone makes my computer hotter than any other game. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Yeah Linus did a review on it and it unfortunately just could not keep itself cool. You're better off going with the Zotac alternative.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    That's exactly what it is. Hearthstone makes my computer hotter than any other game. ;_;
    Just forced VSync on in CCC for hearthstone, let's see if that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah Linus did a review on it and it unfortunately just could not keep itself cool. You're better off going with the Zotac alternative.
    I own some pretty big fans. You underestimate the size of my fan collection. Really.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's hardly space left inside the unit though. And if you place them outside it kind of ruins the concept.

Forcing VSync on for Hearthstone via Catalyst Control Centre seems to have worked, btw

a) No.
    b) No.
    c) Yes.
    d) I've been wanting to replace my AX 850 for a while now due to coilwhine. So if I bought that I could use it to play around with the mini build and throw it in my main build when I grow tired. Also, Platinum rating and modular cables (have extra set of white sleeved cables to go with it). :>

The idea would be to basically have just really compact, quiet and low power machine I could use during summer to reduce the heat. Dunno what the hell I'd do afterwards. Maybe seat it in the living room and use as media PC? Only problem is that I don't really have a living room nor TV atm.
    What motherboard is in your main build? That might be why.

Depending on whether you mean computer or room temperature, I would advice you to go water cooling instead. Especially since you don't have a plan for it outside of summer computering.

Also, my Hearthstone caps FPS at 60 automagically. Which is great, because it used to be 30. It annoyed me for no reason.
    &nbsp;