Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Fix it. Replacing springs is ez-pz.
    It's just ctrl, though. I more often use the right one, so no biggie!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/MBaclTe

Hi, I'm fan. Good to meet you!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    https://imgur.com/MBaclTe

Hi, I'm fan. Good to meet you!
    I bet you could bend the case if you put those all on exhaust.

You're supposed to water the plants and type on the keyboards, not vice versa.
    So that's what I've been doing wrong!

(I'm terrible at keeping plants alive, if I'd been there the Garden of Eden would have been a barren wasteland in about a week)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So that's what I've been doing wrong!

(I'm terrible at keeping plants alive, if I'd been there the Garden of Eden would have been a barren wasteland in about a week)
    Water em once a week on your day off... You're not terrible, you're lazy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold up, I'm half asleep here so I might be seeing things but... Did you just complain about Zowie mice being hard to find in the U.S.? Why is that relative when in the U.S., it is regarded as the land of opportunity(to buy everything on the net) and the land of... credit cards. Just buy that crap online LOL. Please don't tell me you're one of those people that are afraid of online shopping because of credit card frauds...

I mean, wthman? It's 2014, so you're supposed to reduce your search costs with online shopping...
    Someone on Overclock.net accused me of being scared of buying things internationally.

Me, the guy with a set of headphones you can only obtain in Singapore at this time, and two keyboards that I purchased from TaoBao...

I mean-- what?

They should ban dust so I didn't have to clean my computer out.
    I quite enjoy cleaning it, but I always dread it before I begin and put it off until forever.
    And other times when I want to, I don't want to turn the computer off.

First world problem #62

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    They should ban dust so I didn't have to clean my computer out.
    I quite enjoy cleaning it, but I always dread it before I begin and put it off until forever.
    And other times when I want to, I don't want to turn the computer off.

First world problem #62
    When I feel like cleaning my PC, it is raining. When I don't feel like cleaning my PC because I don't want to turn it off, it is sunny.

So I bought an android dongle a few months ago, and it's basically been collecting dust for most of those months. Any tips/ideas on what I can use it for? Is it possible to turn it into a NES emulator, or put XBMC on it?

http://www.androydz.com/cx-919ii-rk3...droid-mini-pc/ is the model

Can't you use it to turn your TV into a "smart" tv that can access any mass storage you might have on your home LAN (so you can watch your movies on your telly even if they are stored on your PC) and the internet (so you can check your emails etc)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Can't you use it to turn your TV into a "smart" tv that can access any mass storage you might have on your home LAN (so you can watch your movies on your telly even if they are stored on your PC) and the internet (so you can check your emails etc)?
    The TV would need the capability of playing movie formats. No idea how emails would work, do smart TV's have web browsing capability?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Since I didn't want to lead the poor post-your-gaming-thread astray, I really dislike Google now and the swipe-function.
    I rooted and got a custom ROM on my phone to remove the function. I don't see Google Now having any kind of usability. : (

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to start handing out stabs for people who keep recommending shitty mice and stuff.

This is a computer forum. We are objective. Objectively, your mouse is bad. I don't give a shit what you think about it. Especially when enthusiast level mice are cheaper than the shitty mice that people recommend. I started typing up a guide on why almost every mouse is completely terrible, but I decided not to waste the breath. If people want to continue to recommend subpar products to others, then the people with any knowledge whatsoever should kinda' just screw off. I mean-- imagine some guy has a good experience with AMD. Say it runs Hearthstone and that's all he plays. So he recommends AMD processors for literally every build. You'd tell him to fuck right off, no? I mean-- maybe not that bluntly, but you'd explain why it's wrong to recommend an AMD build in that situation, and the benefits of an Intel build for gaming and single threaded performance.

Yeah-- so now imagine that AMD guy tells you to fuck right off and a bunch of people support him, filling the thread with comments like "OH, HE LIKES AMD LEAVE HIM ALONE." or "You're derailing the thread by offering an alternative."

This place is starting to suck now. :<

Well, mice are a fair bit different from other hardware. The analogy isn'the quite as useful for it. Did you perhaps have some examples of the good value bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Well, mice are a fair bit different from other hardware. The analogy isn'the quite as useful for it. Did you perhaps have some examples of the good value bad?
    English failed you at the end of your post, Drunken.

Anyway, as long as you don't factor in ergonomics (which will be so unique to an individual that you shouldn't recommend a mouse anyway...) we can say that mice like the G400s, G502, and Zowie FK1 have superior sensors to most of their counter parts. Sensor performance is super relevant, especially if you're playing FPSes. Many mice have subtle angle snapping or acceleration or movement prediction issues which cause inconsistencies with the performance. The average user might not be keen on exactly what the problem is, but I can promise you that a competitive shooter is infinitely more accurate with a mouse with no movement prediction than one with movement prediction.

We can also examine things like lift off distance, material the cord is braided out of, and drivers/software provided with the mouse. For instance, Razer driver support has been historically shit. Look at when Synapse was released. You legitimately needed an online internet connection to customize your mouse using Synapse...

English failed you at the end of your post, Drunken.
    Ick, I was writing on my phone. The textarea on MMO-C is notoriously slow there, so I don't even see autocorrect kicking in or not. Apparently it did.

Good vs bad, is what I meant to type lol.

Anyway, as long as you don't factor in ergonomics (which will be so unique to an individual that you shouldn't recommend a mouse anyway...) we can say that mice like the G400s, G502, and Zowie FK1 have superior sensors to most of their counter parts. Sensor performance is super relevant, especially if you're playing FPSes. Many mice have subtle angle snapping or acceleration or movement prediction issues which cause inconsistencies with the performance. The average user might not be keen on exactly what the problem is, but I can promise you that a competitive shooter is infinitely more accurate with a mouse with no movement prediction than one with movement prediction.

We can also examine things like lift off distance, material the cord is braided out of, and drivers/software provided with the mouse. For instance, Razer driver support has been historically shit. Look at when Synapse was released. You legitimately needed an online internet connection to customize your mouse using Synapse...
    Interesting. Mice isn't really my... forte, I guess. Personally, I've just got a... Steelseries Sensei Raw, it's apparently called. I know there are interesting developments, but the sensor hasn't been a very interesting part of the conversation for me I'll admit; this mouse already, for example, is at the limit of what mouse speed that I'm particularly comfortable with.

But yes, Razer Synapse was a joke. That, I think, we can all agree on.

10+ Year Old Account
    This place is starting to suck now. :<
    This is what happens when people with basic experience enters the forums, it's never going to stop :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Sensei is probably Steelseries's best offering for FPS gaming.

I'm still an MX518/G400 fanboy though >_<
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'd say Sensei is probably Steelseries's best offering for FPS gaming.

I'm still an MX518/G400 fanboy though >_<
    Good man. d(o.o)b

On an off topic, someone called me a girl in a thread I was helping them in. ><

Quote Originally Posted by Mincraft09 View Post
    M0cha seems like she knows what shes talking about but I have one question, in your partpicker link it says Water Cooler, is it difficult to install a water cooler into a computer, keeping in mind of course I'm new at building computers and this will be my first

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also like to ask, as a first time buyer of computer parts, should I buy each part seperately, one by one until each piece arrives or order it all at once and have it slowly arrive at my house?
    My anime gif stuff is manly... Fuck the haters.

I dunno, I've been using my Intellimouse 3 for going on 8 years now. It has a good weight (you can push it with your little finger even without the teflon pads, because they fell off and I couldn't find them), the ergonomics fit my hand well and it has lasted really well. This thing has been dropped so many times and it still works.

Oh, and I use a piece of white A4 paper with a load of little "@" printed on it as a mouse-mat these days. Seems to work just as well as my old mouse-mats, and I get a nice new clean one whenever I want (and it costs about €0.005 to make it).