10+ Year Old Account
    GPU with facebook / twitter implementation?
    >.>
    I don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    GPU with facebook / twitter implementation?
    >.>
    I don't know.
    WoW did it!

Next gpus will be able to record video, screenshots and share with their friends! How can we stop this??????
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    World War 3 will stop it. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Next gpus will be able to record video, screenshots
    Shadowplay says hi :P although it's still baffling why the hell it can't take screenshots. Come on nVidia, how hard can screenshots be??

I think the line will be crossed when GPU's come with selfie cameras.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    GPU becomes sentient and takes over your webcam to take selfies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Shadowplay says hi :P although it's still baffling why the hell it can't take screenshots. Come on nVidia, how hard can screenshots be??

I think the line will be crossed when GPU's come with selfie cameras.
    OMG IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING! Next we will be having to pay 15 dollars a month for it to work or we will have to farm and get Nvidia tokens...or tokenvidias.

GPU becomes sentient and takes over your webcam to take selfies.
    I can't wait until we get to see Titan X under the um *cough* heatsink.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What monitor did you already have?

As much as I dislike Acer, that new IPS version they've put out that is otherwise the same as ASUS'... except IPS > TN, is looking very nice... for the same price. >_>
    It looks nice on paper indeed. Question is if Acer is sacrificing quality or something to make it all go together. Competition with the Asus will be good either way.

Anyway, super satisfied with my Rog Swift so far, Dragon Age Inquisition looks gorgeous. The color and brightness calibration was easy to do and you didn't really have to change much. Not anything at all really if you aren't picky. It is great, considering it is a TN.

And CSGO worked amazingly to play on. I had an ASUS VG248QE before, so this one was really an improvement on everything besides the response and refresh rate which is equal.

Now I just need my new keyboard and I have my dream setup of peripherals.

Next gpus will be able to record video, screenshots and share with their friends! How can we stop this??????
    MSI Afterburner...?

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING! Next we will be having to pay 15 dollars a month for it to work or we will have to farm and get Nvidia tokens...or tokenvidias.
    don't give them any ideas, the enterprise world is already heading that way, you'd pay $1k for the card and then $100 a year to keep getting driver updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    It looks nice on paper indeed. Question is if Acer is sacrificing quality or something to make it all go together. Competition with the Asus will be good either way.

Anyway, super satisfied with my Rog Swift so far, Dragon Age Inquisition looks gorgeous. The color and brightness calibration was easy to do and you didn't really have to change much. Not anything at all really if you aren't picky. It is great, considering it is a TN.

And CSGO worked amazingly to play on. I had an ASUS VG248QE before, so this one was really an improvement on everything besides the response and refresh rate which is equal.

So you paid $800 just to get a bigger resolution, essentially... seems a little silly to me. I'd at least want another benefit, like it being IPS.

Like, right now I have an ASUS MX239H, 1080p AH-IPS panel... When I upgrade my monitor it will be at least 1440p and likely a 144Hz... so double the upgrade, plus remaining IPS/(IPS-like alternative)...

But hey, if you're happy with it, then game on!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks nice on paper indeed. Question is if Acer is sacrificing quality or something to make it all go together.
    Amusingly not. It's not that odd for a company with shit low end to have pretty good high end. Then again there's HP with okay low end with shit high end. /shrug.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
    I traded in the Corsair K70 for a Logitech G910, cause I'm not getting another K70, bleh (used Best Buy thingy cause I had to get a keyboard asap during the time, they don't have a wide selection of stuff). I'm not one to dismantle things and look at it that way but the Romer G switches are pretty close to a brown switch amusingly, so /shrug. Whatever floats your boat, it does type better than the K70, but that's probably cause there's a tactile bump (I found the right word!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    don't give them any ideas, the enterprise world is already heading that way, you'd pay $1k for the card and then $100 a year to keep getting driver updates
    Might as well make it always online.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-03-05 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Corsair products took a random dive in quality a couple years ago and I've not heard about any bump back upwards.

For so long we gave Razer so much shit, yet my Death Adder still works 6 years after I bought it. SIX YEARS. And yet the Corsair M90, I had two of them, just blew horribly. So many issues with that junk that I never want to go into. I really liked it, too. =/ This K70 that dearest Cyanotical sent me is doing alright, however has had many LEDs die on it... which is impressive for how young it is and how long LEDs should last.

Plus we've all heard about awesome Corsair AIOs and their issues... lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Razer's issue is pretty much like Corsair. Make decent products then once they got all awesome and stuff, destroy all sensibility in quality. Of course I never used a razer before but that's just my guess.

The K70 I have actually had coil whine, for a lack of better word. Turning on the LEDs actually make an annoying little screeching sound. Gets worse at every incremental level, this is what I meant by annoy me by the way. I make an entire rig to be as quiet as possible to have an annoying as hell sound coming from the keyboard is rather unpleasant.
    What I found off putting actually now with Corsair's high end AIOs are they only have 2 years of warranty while the performance is rather similar to others. NZXT's for example is also made by Asetek.
    Take NZXT and Coolermaster, their high ends have 6 years of warranty. For an AIO I think it's rather necessary to have a better warranty than a gigantic piece of metal.

So you paid $800 just to get a bigger resolution, essentially... seems a little silly to me. I'd at least want another benefit, like it being IPS.
    Well, thats not really true. First of all, I get another monitor so I have 2 screens now. Im one of the few who have been running single monitor setup forever. With the exception of the TV that is plugged in as well. And besides better resolution, it also had G-sync and ULMB, and better colors as well.

But hey, if you're happy with it, then game on!
    Indeed I am.

Amusingly not. It's not that odd for a company with shit low end to have pretty good high end. Then again there's HP with okay low end with shit high end. /shrug.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
    Yeah it looks solid. But I heard that it was going to have 1ms response from somewhere, which was something that suprised me alot. 4ms is definietly more believable. Still very nice.

I traded in the Corsair K70 for a Logitech G910, cause I'm not getting another K70, bleh (used Best Buy thingy cause I had to get a keyboard asap during the time, they don't have a wide selection of stuff). I'm not one to dismantle things and look at it that way but the Romer G switches are pretty close to a brown switch amusingly, so /shrug. Whatever floats your boat, it does type better than the K70, but that's probably cause there's a tactile bump (I found the right word!)

Might as well make it always online.
    I was looking at the 910 as well first, but in the end I settled for the 710+. Really glad they have tuned down on the macro keys and kept it to one row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it looks solid. But I heard that it was going to have 1ms response from somewhere, which was something that suprised me alot. 4ms is definietly more believable. Still very nice.
    That'd be the XG270HU, TN panel. One tiny letter = different model. Yes it's annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thats not really true. First of all, I get another monitor so I have 2 screens now. Im one of the few who have been running single monitor setup forever. With the exception of the TV that is plugged in as well. And besides better resolution, it also had G-sync and ULMB, and better colors as well.
    Along with what Remilia said, I'll say... I was running dual to triple screens for some time, but actually got annoyed of it because it looked tacky. I have two big 5" studio monitors that make dual monitors pretty difficult, considering my Blue Snowball mic and Schiit AMP+DAC.

I've gotten used to only having one screen again and I like it, it looks so clean. I suppose I could go back to dual again, however idk where I'd put it, plus when the monitors aren't matching it's a bit annoying... and just imagine having an IPS next to a TN, or a 1440p IPS@144Hz next to a 1080p IPS@60Hz... ugh.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Along with what Remilia said, I'll say... I was running dual to triple screens for some time, but actually got annoyed of it because it looked tacky. I have two big 5" studio monitors that make dual monitors pretty difficult, considering my Blue Snowball mic and Schiit AMP+DAC.

I've gotten used to only having one screen again and I like it, it looks so clean. I suppose I could go back to dual again, however idk where I'd put it, plus when the monitors aren't matching it's a bit annoying... and just imagine having an IPS next to a TN, or a 1440p IPS@144Hz next to a 1080p IPS@60Hz... ugh.
    Yeah, my snowball is kinda in the way of my way. I am going to move it to sit on my desktop and maybe it will get out of the way. My 1440p by my 1080p smaller screen does look a bit tacky, but I don't care, I am the only one that sees it anyways.

I did make a desktop prettier again, I might share an image with you guys on the desktop thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was looking at the 910 as well first, but in the end I settled for the 710+. Really glad they have tuned down on the macro keys and kept it to one row.
    Should've amended it as it's like a brown switch with O rings cause it's not like a clack kind of sound when you bottom out. So I don't know /shrug. Cherry brown still being the closest to describe it but at the same time not.
    I don't have any issues with it being like that but I know some people like that sound or feel.

I like brown switches, quiet with tactile feedback. And the sound dampening rings make it even better, I don't like to bother people with clicking sounds on skype. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I like brown switches, quiet with tactile feedback. And the sound dampening rings make it even better, I don't like to bother people with clicking sounds on skype. ^^
    hehe... I love it when my coworkers throw a fit over Skype while we play Minecraft because of my MX Blues. >
    "A flower.