Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Triple cheese burger!
    I kind of want a download manager like DTA on Firefox =\. Way too useful for me.

The memory consumption though.
    Memory usage is something that all the browsers drop the ball on. Ridiculous how quickly Firefox and Chrome hit 1GB of memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fuck. My Corsair SP2500's died after nearly 3 years, and they had a 2 year warranty. AMAZING speakers while they lasted though.

Thinking of buying just cheap-o Logitech speakers now because I rarely use speakers anyway, more of a headphone guy.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Dad asks me how to free up some space on his laptop. I drop a stack of 50 writable CDs next to him

Honestly, I've moved more toward speakers in the last two or so years. It's simply that much nicer to not put on something. And with glasses, it always will be at least a slight nuisance.
    I do recommend against Logitech though, they have too much bleeding of the mids to the low-end. Guitars don't work at all in my experience.
    There's different levels of spending as well, of course.
    And I much prefer speakers to monitors personally, but I can see the point of monitors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well fuck. My Corsair SP2500's died after nearly 3 years, and they had a 2 year warranty. AMAZING speakers while they lasted though.

Thinking of buying just cheap-o Logitech speakers now because I rarely use speakers anyway, more of a headphone guy.
    I actually have a pair of sp2500s, love them.

As for the browser wars....I am honestly just going to stick with firefox/chrome. I have spent way too much time customizing them to my needs to go use another one. No matter how much .00001 second faster it is, it is more time that I will have to customize shit.

I have a custom windows UI, so I have to have a custom theme for firefox to fit my ui. This guy is my god.

And I guess it does not help that I will wait a while before I decide to switch to windows 9 10. I love my ui, I don't want to fuck it up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Dad asks me how to free up some space on his laptop. I drop a stack of 50 writable CDs next to him
    Does the laptop have optical

I must be the most lazy person in terms of UI customization. In games and browsers and stuff.

If I change browser it needs a manager like DTA though =\. I do need to curb my memory usage.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-04-20 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Does the laptop have optical
    Yes it does. Would have been funnier if it didn't though

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I've determined ShadowPlay sucks. The quality is quite subpar. Yay pixelated video!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Okay, I've determined ShadowPlay sucks. The quality is quite subpar. Yay pixelated video!
    QuickSync 4 life.

Depends. I mean, I've had good experience with it. And other times, Afterburner has just been better. But for the amount of system load it takes as well as Shield Portable, it has its uses.
    I am not so impressed with anything but the lattermost used example though. It is far too restrictive still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want something closer to Fraps-quality/just not pixelated, but to film the bloody 3440x1440. -.- Fraps can film it, but Windows Movie Maker can't edit video sizes over 1920x1080... at least not yet. And I had to use HandBrake to make Fraps files even capable of being read/used by Sony Movie Studio. -.-
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Instead of making a new thread just gonna ask here, I should be good with my 770 for awhile right? Got lucky and got a 3gb one

- - - Updated - - -

Had it for almost 2 years now, spent like 500 on it T-T
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-22 at 04:15 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    500?! Where?! That's horribly overpriced if $USD...

My 760 is doing good and I run games at 3440x1440...
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    500?! Where?! That's horribly overpriced if $USD...

My 760 is doing good and I run games at 3440x1440...
    Yea to be exact $480.54, from newegg got it on 7/1/2013

- - - Updated - - -

It was before the whole 900 series came in and before they decided to do 4gb models of the 700 series. I do feel ripped off though
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 770 should never have cost so much, holy shit. Is that at least after taxes and such? x_X
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 770 should never have cost so much, holy shit. Is that at least after taxes and such? x_X
    Yea after taxes which if i remember correctly was only like 20 or 30 wasnt much

- - - Updated - - -

Going to head to bed cya tomorrow

The 680, which it was based off of had a market price of about 800 USD here (5200~/6.5) at the time I got mine!
    Then again, I didn't pay anything for it, so who am I to complain?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 680 was never sold for $800 around here... Remember the difference with VAT and such.

Edit: I meant $800, not $680. lolzzz
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-04-23 at 03:25 AM.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say that Fraps easily recorded 1080p@60 fps for me onto a WD Black 1TB... that's not an issue. Hell, it even did 2560x1440@60 fps... However I'm not going for totally raw uncompressed, as Fraps doesn't end up doing that, unless you force RGB Lossless pretty much, which I don't.

I just don't want the bloody video pixelated. -.-

I suppose Shadowplay using H.264 is a good joke.

The problem with Fraps is .avi, essentially. I think? Or whatever the codec is... I don't have time anymore to fuck around with Googling for Codecs to make X work with Y when you account for Z variable. I'd just like to record the video, have it look good, put it into whatever rendering program, compress it, and upload it. x_x is that so much to ask? lol

And yeah, I know, Fraps, DXTory, they'll all record 1,000,000x1,000,000 if you've got a fast enough/big enough drive, that's not my issue/question.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-04-23 at 03:29 AM.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    AVI isn't terrible provided you're using the lossless format. It is able to support it but compression wise I don't know if it's limited to any specific codec.

As to the H.264, it doesn't really matter that it's H.264, the x264 implementation matters more.