The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you wouldn't mind telling me your thoughts on this?

More specifically: does this look actually lossless or no? I just have to wonder whether or not a mechanical drive could even come close to being able to write fast enough for lossless video... especially if at 3440x1440...
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-04-24 at 05:29 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The absurd data rate and audio, yeah it's probably lossless.
    I know a WD Black is fine with 1920x1080@60FPS but I don't know about higher resolution. You can just try it a bit and see if there's any problems / stutters with the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is 2560x1440 @ 60 fps. ^^
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Any good free system cleaner like system mechanic?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Any good free system cleaner like system mechanic?
    You mean like Cleaner?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You mean like Cleaner?
    Computer cleaner yes like CC cleaner, computer has been acting weird
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-26 at 07:27 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with CCleaner then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    What's wrong with CCleaner then?
    Just dont know if its any good XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Just dont know if its any good XD
    You need to check what it wants to remove, because it sometimes removes stuff it shouldn't. Although that goes for pretty much every registry/temp file cleaner software too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You need to check what it wants to remove, because it sometimes removes stuff it shouldn't. Although that goes for pretty much every registry/temp file cleaner software too.
    Ah kk thanks

Anyone here have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990's? I'm looking at grabbing a pair or something similar in that range, my current one's are listed below and I've been wanting to upgrade recently and have about $350 or so to spend on a new pair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Anyone here have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990's? I'm looking at grabbing a pair or something similar in that range, my current one's are listed below and I've been wanting to upgrade recently and have about $350 or so to spend on a new pair.
    A have a pair of dt880s, but those there the ones that cable messed up, so I had to pick up a new headphones.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me you got pictures/video of this?! O_O
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have puppies? That pretty cool.

There was a dog that was in my yard today. He was nice, I got to pet him, must be someones dog that lives nearby.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... the Windows 7 Pro key that I used to use on my old 2500K system and now is (on the same system) acting as a Minecraft server... has suddenly gone from being genuine for the past 4 years... to no longer genuine. What the hell?

Now I have to find the damned key...

(Found key, well, that wasn't so hard, this had better work!)

- - - Updated - - -

WOW. Somehow the key (a one-time use) has exceeded its limit... I guess I have to contact Microsoft now. -.- Wtf?! (It is OEM...)
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2015-05-04 at 03:35 PM.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone experience with ghetto fixing a broken smartphone? I dropped my lumia 720 and now it won't turn on, just keeps vibrating.. Tried factory reset and also took it completely apart to check the connections. No visible signs of damage for what I could see. What else do they do if you bring it at the repair shop?

Tempted to give it a one last go by heating up the motherboard in oven, maybe it's a broken solder somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Anyone experience with ghetto fixing a broken smartphone? I dropped my lumia 720 and now it won't turn on, just keeps vibrating.. Tried factory reset and also took it completely apart to check the connections. No visible signs of damage for what I could see. What else do they do if you bring it at the repair shop?

Tempted to give it a one last go by heating up the motherboard in oven, maybe it's a broken solder somewhere?
    It might have shorted itself out. My SGS II did that. It had been water damaged (6~ times), dropped 60+ times per year for two years (on pavement), but randomly updating the Facebook app was too much for it so it shorted out and never started again. : P
    Are you sure the screen is not the thing that is broken? Meaning, phone turns on, you just never see it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I will say that Fraps easily recorded 1080p@60 fps for me onto a WD Black 1TB... that's not an issue. Hell, it even did 2560x1440@60 fps... However I'm not going for totally raw uncompressed, as Fraps doesn't end up doing that, unless you force RGB Lossless pretty much, which I don't.

I just don't want the bloody video pixelated. -.-

I suppose Shadowplay using H.264 is a good joke.

The problem with Fraps is .avi, essentially. I think? Or whatever the codec is... I don't have time anymore to fuck around with Googling for Codecs to make X work with Y when you account for Z variable. I'd just like to record the video, have it look good, put it into whatever rendering program, compress it, and upload it. x_x is that so much to ask? lol

And yeah, I know, Fraps, DXTory, they'll all record 1,000,000x1,000,000 if you've got a fast enough/big enough drive, that's not my issue/question.
    Just might be able to help, now I don't have fraps anymore, but I am using DXtory with Utvideo YUV429 BT.709 VCM codec, almost as good as lag quality wise and actually bit better performance.

I am recording to a dedicated WD 1 TB blue drive, would love a faster a drive, just can't bring my self to it to spend more money on a SSD or RAID config yet.

My recordings are in 30 FPS and I do record at 2560 x 1080, I use to use sony movie studio 12 which only could render upto 1920x1080, however I upgraded to sony movie studio 13, being a movie studio user, gave me a discounted upgrade and that software lets you use any arbitrary resolution upto 4 K.

Example of a recent video done at 21:9.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJeU2oADmM

The rendering setting I used was main concept internet 1080p and edited that and created a custom resolution and enabled de-blocking and that video was done at 50 mb/s.

Gameplay was kept at 60 FPS just for added information.

With FF14 being a MMO, it is taxing on the CPU more so its most likely the bottle neck to why I can only record at 30 FPS in that game, other games actually cope at 60 FPs.

- - - Updated - - -

Also forgot to add, did not need to faff around with file conversions or the like, movie studio just accepts it straight in, dunno if anything I have said was anything of help.
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2015-05-06 at 03:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It might have shorted itself out. My SGS II did that. It had been water damaged (6~ times), dropped 60+ times per year for two years (on pavement), but randomly updating the Facebook app was too much for it so it shorted out and never started again. : P
    Are you sure the screen is not the thing that is broken? Meaning, phone turns on, you just never see it?
    Yeah pretty sure it's not the screen since it does that weird vibrating sequence (one long vibrate every 10sec for a while after pressing the button). If it booted up normally there'd be just one vibrate on restart. Then again no way to rule out broken screen as well on top of something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    With FF14 being a MMO, it is taxing on the CPU more so its most likely the bottle neck to why I can only record at 30 FPS in that game, other games actually cope at 60 FPs.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/
    You should see the new benchmark actually with DX11. It is very much GPU bound the entire way through, even in object heavy area.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...st-your-scores