Customer Support?

Hello fellow SWTOR peoples,

Recently canceled my sub before my free trial ended, and noticed that Bioware had placed a transaction hold on my bank account, similar to a charge gas stations make on your credit card before actually processing your entire payment. This hold on my bank account was scheduled three days earlier than when my subscription was to renew, and took place after I had already canceled my sub.

I call customer support and speak to a guy who tells me that the only thing I can do is ask my bank to stop payment. Which is stupid, seeing as a stop payment order costs USD $25. Recurring sub is $14.99. I'm down $10 in this situation. Not to mention that my bank is closed at this time during the weekend anyway.

I call back the next day and and ask the rep I'm speaking to if I can be refunded for the month I wasn't using, and had been charged for not only prior to when it was supposed to reoccur, but after I had already canceled. I was told that it is an internal policy of Bioware not to give refunds for the first month of a paid subscription. I ask her if this is in the TOS and she assures me it is.

From the SWTOR TOS:
    17. Cancellation of your Account.
    You have the right to cancel your Account or a particular subscription to an TOR Service at any time. You understand and agree that the cancellation of your Account or a particular subscription is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with BioWare, including any dispute related to, or arising out of: (1) any term of this Terms of Service or BioWare’s enforcement or application of this Terms of Service; (2) the Content available through TOR Services or any change in Content provided through TOR Services; (3) your ability to access and/or use TOR Services; or (4) the amount or type of fees, surcharges, applicable taxes, billing methods, or any change to the fees, applicable taxes, surcharges or billing methods for TOR Services.

Contact BioWare's Customer Service Department at [SWTOR support link] to cancel your Account. BioWare reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred before you cancel your Account or a particular subscription to a TOR Service. You are also responsible for any amounts owed to third-party vendors or content providers before your cancellation. Any delinquent or unpaid fees and other unresolved issues with TOR Services must be settled before you establish a new TOR Account.

This is the only applicable section that I can find in the TOS that states anything about payment/fee collection, and it states that its to amounts owed prior to cancellation. We're speaking about after a cancellation that I've been charged here. The lady I'm speaking to at this point offers to escalate the issue. I accept and am currently awaiting word.

I feel like I'm getting screwed over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure you cancelled before the free month ended and then took your credit card OFF of the account? Because just cancelling your subscription removes the free month... which really did nothing. Hell when I would come back for a free week in WoW, I had to put my card on the account and then activate the 7 days... and afterwards I had to remove my card so it didn't do the same thing. Its not Customer Support. Its how the billing system works.*