[Other] Fanfiction . Net

Anyone else that uses this site think it's time for more options for sifting through the fics?

Example, I'm a big time GW fan, but by the time I sift through all the Yaoi, yuri, G and poorly written fics I've forgotten what I was looking for. Shouldn't they at least put in a Yaoi/Yuri filter to make it easier for those of us that're not squealing fangirls obsessed with boys loving boys or girls loving girls?
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

15+ Year Old Account
    Used to use that site years(7ish) ago to post a story two friends and I were writing at that time, and even then that site was a bane on anyone looking to find decent stories.

Hmm now I'm curious if our story is still posted or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe I think that site still has some of my old stuff I wrote a few AWFUL WoT fanfics, a decent Resident Evil fic and one badass Fight Club story

but yeah the search function was godawful back when I used to be there, they REALLY need an 'adult' marker, and a filter to get rid of it when you search.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Why do you say that? If not there, where else. (the only ff sites out there i've been to are ff.net and mediaminer, needless to say I'm ignorant on the subject matter >.<)

On topic: I'd prefer character filters that included more than two people, a filter that excluded certain characters from the results, and a #of word range. Right now its
    XXX amount of numbers or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

I use it. At my own risk.
    I really like epic fanfic (like, 200K words +), so the word count filter is useful. Until I have to scroll through a ton of fics that are just plain bad, or not to my tastes in literature (yaoi, etc). So, really, a great deal of time is spent looking and not reading. But when I do find something awesome, I'm happy I did.
    I read very fast, and it's just not worth it to buy books. I usually don't read them again.