Kitty + Warrior?

So I've committed to being a warrior as my main for the duration of Cata and more then likely for MoP as well. I'll be going really hard in PvP on him and my friend said he would transfer his Druid over to join me. We talked about it a lot and concluded he might as well. Were gonna go with Arms warr/Kitty/HPally for 3s and simply run double dps for 2s.*

What are some of your thoughts mainly about us in 2s. We really thought about a lot of scenarios and think we have a good shot of being a pretty hard team to beat.*

well for one warriors are not the best dps class as of right now for kitty cleave. im playing kitty cleave currently at 1900 mmr and we dont win alot but we dont lose alot either. As for 2s, again warriors arent the best until they can acually hit a target. Really any comp in 2s can be played well as long as you have some experience in your class. As for your druid, he should know who and when to cylcone. Your druid can also get HoTs on you when you feel like you need them.

honestly its gonna be a tough comp for 2s. ive had experience doing this comp, and it really suffers for lack of cc when it comes to healer teams. and vs other double dps teams, its a crap shoot on who gets the better opener and bursts harder. not htat you couldnt push it to 1900+ if you two are really that good, but beyond is probably not gonna happen.

on the bright side, kittycleave is extremely viable in 3s. so.......much.....tunneling......

We were thinking we would have a lot of cc actually; from imp hs to fear, throwdown, pummels, disarm, cyclone, skullbash, bash, 2 charges, kittys got the kidneyshot type spell if needed. Out of all the 2s teams we thought about we always thought of a way to win with relatively low struggle. Could you guys maybe give some examples of teams that give you the hardest time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid InK View Post
    We were thinking we would have a lot of cc actually; from imp hs to fear, throwdown, pummels, disarm, cyclone, skullbash, bash, 2 charges, kittys got the kidneyshot type spell if needed. Out of all the 2s teams we thought about we always thought of a way to win with relatively low struggle. Could you guys maybe give some examples of teams that give you the hardest time?
    Mage priest/rogue and Lock Shaman would be an absolute nightmare for you. Which makes up a large portion the 2s bracket.

Kitty cleave is a really good comp for 3s! Probably the best comp for a warrior at the moment, actually. You'll have issues with RMP, and anything with a hunter, really. You'll destroy melee teams! Feral is really good right now, too!

CC the mage, kill the rogue, no? Seems a sufficient opening would be rogue starts on me kitty stuns him & cyclones mage. Throw some dps on the rogue getting our bleeds up for no vanish, imp HS the rogue, charge fear the mage right out of cyclone, (supposing that he trinkets now) druid cyclones again, rogues dying, mage iceblocks so I throwdown on him when it's done & heroic leap back to the rogue an we finish? Obviously not that easy cause that would be prefect, but it's a general layout without even using all of our cc capability.

CC the lock with a split dps. Me on the lock doing reasonable dmg, and the kitty just going to town & helping me with cc's until Spiritlink goes up then we make sure locks trinketed and I pop my burst and we finish off the sham.

Also, it isn't a good idea to focus too much on 2's. 2's are just a comp game, and less about skill. They can also be very frustrating.

I know, but we are definitely going to be doing a lot of 2s as we are a really good team together in all sorts of games. 3s will always come first in priority though!

CC the mage, kill the rogue, no?
    Already I can tell you're not very experienced. In theory it works but in practice you just wont pull it off. You can't just play the perfect game every singe time.

CC the lock with a split dps. Me on the lock doing reasonable dmg, and the kitty just going to town & helping me with cc's until Spiritlink goes up then we make sure locks trinketed and I pop my burst and we finish off the sham.
    Against 1200 players this might work.

Look I'm sorry but warrior/feral isn't that good for 2's. Double DPS with a warrior isn't that great full stop. Stick to 3's and play 2's for shits and giggles like everyone else; it's a shit bracket.
    this game sucks

That's really disappointing to hear. I won't lie about being inexperienced, cause I've truly never stepped to far in the sharks territory of pvp. I'm really gonna try this time though & even with you guys saying it won't work out perfectly doesn't mean we won't try cause I believe strongly in victory coming from a positive mindset. Given the time for practice and I promise you guys I'll come back with a link to my armory showing a good 2s and 3s team. Don't forget it's a game, and other teams are gonna encounter many human errors once you apply pressure and force them to back pedal in their train of thought. With that said, I would love if anyone would want to PM me for some tips on arena with a warrior and more importantly some general tips on succeeding in pvp.

getting our bleeds up for no vanish
    Well, it would prevent elongated stealth, but it will not prevent vanish, that's what a FF would be for. You cannot only rely on bleeds to keep a rogue out. Vanish will last at least 3 seconds, of which is plenty of time to use it for it's purpose, to re-open. I'm not entirely sure, but a couple of those cc's just might share DR, you might want to look further into it. And there will be DR on the second cyclone given that cyclone and stun aren't on the same DR you've exhausted everything on the mage, if the Rogue resets in any way, it's over for you both. I know THIS is a stretch but if it's a dwarf rogue, now you're both in trouble with the feral already out. Just my 2c.

That's really disappointing to hear. I won't lie about being inexperienced, cause I've truly never stepped to far in the sharks territory of pvp. I'm really gonna try this time though & even with you guys saying it won't work out perfectly doesn't mean we won't try cause I believe strongly in victory coming from a positive mindset. Given the time for practice and I promise you guys I'll come back with a link to my armory showing a good 2s and 3s team. Don't forget it's a game, and other teams are gonna encounter many human errors once you apply pressure and force them to back pedal in their train of thought. With that said, I would love if anyone would want to PM me for some tips on arena with a warrior and more importantly some general tips on succeeding in pvp.
    All it takes is practice. I'm seeing a lot of demand for these PvP "tips" so I might make a general guide. In the meantime browse Arena Junkies.

Regardless, all we're telling you is that 2's means nothing. It's a crap, unbalanced and frustrating bracket to play. I only play it for points and to level up our guild (3% guild exp per win ) 3's is a different story however.
    this game sucks

Hmm, I really don't think throwdown and cyclone share. Plus with all of that I never even threw in the druids bash's. So i really think we could shut down a mage long enough to down a rogue (given that we get FF on him as you stated to do). I think he'd sit the first cyclone, trinket the fear (which would be shorter then normal due to DR), get cycloned for a very short 1 maybe 2 seconds, enough for me to HL throwdown him causing a iceblock, then a feral charge skull bash, he's done for atleast 3 seconds which i will have popped my burst CDS to finish the rogue.*

Idk.. everything works so well in my inexperienced brain. sorry lol

Edit: But yeah, we will 100% be focusing on 3s more then anything. 2s will be for thought-process practice, general gameplay practice, and really practice for our chemistry when under a lot of pressure.*

Hmm, I really don't think throwdown and cyclone share. Plus with all of that I never even threw in the druids bash's. So i really think we could shut down a mage long enough to down a rogue (given that we get FF on him as you stated to do). I think he'd sit the first cyclone, trinket the fear (which would be shorter then normal due to DR), get cycloned for a very short 1 maybe 2 seconds, enough for me to HL throwdown him causing a iceblock, then a feral charge skull bash, he's done for atleast 3 seconds which i will have popped my burst CDS to finish the rogue.*

Idk.. everything works so well in my inexperienced brain. sorry lol
    I'm gonna stop you right there. Firstly I'll juke all the skull bashes/interrupts. Secondly you wont touch my rogue partner with all my novas. Thirdly I'll trinket the cyclone and block the fear then blink the throwdown. If you guys are doing that much pressure to a rogue (which you wont, because we'll get the opener and my shatter will hit you for 60k right off the bat) I'll pop more defensive cooldowns offensively to peel (cold snap etc).

Look, just play what you find fun. I tried this "lets level x and y to be good!" Always ended in tears because my m8 didn't enjoy his class. Now he plays what he wants and I play what I want and bam we're consistently 2400, amidst 4-5k games played with each other though...
    this game sucks

The mind of a veteran player, so beautiful lol. This is what I wanted! Someone to come tell me exactly why it won't work. Now I've gotta good challenge set for me. I don't expect to win but I'll be damned if I don't make sure everyone knows I'm doing everything I can to win the damn thing.*

But yeah, I'm definitely playing what I find fun! The account I'm currently using has every class 85 besides a warrior. (I did not level all those. Just a rogue, dk, and priest.) With that said I LOVE warriors. I'll be hardcore raiding along with competitive arena/rbg's. As for my buddy we have tried this type of plan many times since early 2006 and it's never worked out. But now that he's played majority of the different class/spec's, he's competent with his druid as his favorite. We've never eally thought of combining the 2 but we will be now! Been playing on different servers for about 3 years just chatting on skype. Now we are gonna realm transfer probably to Stromreaver to reunite and play alliance & get the job done! haha

One thing to keep in mind if your gonna play this comp is you as the warrior will always be the kill target because druids have way better survivability. I think this comp will work till 1700 or so depending on your skill but past that any heal+dps will be tough. You will have good burst so I would prolly have the druid stun (from stealth) the off target and open hard on kill target with a throwdown and CDs. With a good open you might get both trinkets. From there cyclone/fear off target and hope for a quick kill. If you get in trouble use wall, kite and the druid can throw some offheals. Anyway thats my somewhat experience opinion...... Oh
    and like other people have already said dont take 2s serious, focus on 3s and have some fun playing double dps 2s

Thanks for the tips there, we are gonna need em! But we will take 2s seriously just not as serious as everything else. I tend to take anything I do in WoW seriously because I'm not just playing for fun I'm playing to be better then the opponent. Even with a comp that is supposed to lose according to the wrapsheet, we'll find victory!

im gonna be honest, this comp only worked in 2s at the beginning of the expansion, right at the start of the first arena season. both classes were so OP at the time, and with relatively low resilience compared to the amount of damage being pumped out, you could melt every healing class within a throwdown. but you dont have enough non target cc. 5 sec insta cyclones are great yea, but any healy priest/shammy worth a damn is gonna be purging that buff off you within the gcd of your finisher. and one fear on a 2(3?) min cd from the warrior isnt enough. also, you as a warrior will get cc trained like crazy without a dispell. focus on 3s, do 2s when ur bored or u wanna punish yourselves