Deleted

Instances/peoples mentality in wow.

Wtf is wow turning into, whatever it is i dont like it. If your one of these players that kick first and ask questions later show some sympathy and help your fellow player have a nice gaming experience. How would you feel if you got out of a tough days work and decieded to play wow again for the first time in 2 years and that happends. Not a very nice welcome.

did a DS run tonight with a random pug and we managed to kill morchock normal without many issues. We get to the unsleeping and i explain every little detail of what the blobs abilitys are, how to handle them, everyone agrees and things look great. 1 hour later people aren't stacking on the red blob, ppl standing next to each other on green blob, adds all over the place its a complete mess. Are people really so stupidly retarded or dont they care? I'm just sick of it.

Heroics are the same in the 5 mans. You have a new player that has come back to wow from a 2 year break the moment someone sees he has bad gear or isn't sure what to do he gets instantly kicked.

Back in the burning crusade, even vanilla. You had to litrully run/fly to the instance you wanted to do, none of this Looking for raid or looking for dungeon stuff, it took an hour sometimes to even get an instance started. If you had someone that wasn't sure what to do you told them and stuck with him. To replace someone back then took like 10 mins at the least.
    the looking for group tool has destroyed this game, making it easer to form a grp has had complete negative effects...

Sort your sh*t out people and make this game fun again. It's easy to judge and be negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    People were jerks back then too. Like you said, it's just that the barrier to dumping people was higher.

Personally i like to give people a chance by giving them advice and telling them how to be successfull. The problems start, when they don't want to. And when they don't want to, it's time to kick them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 starts to badmouth you back if you are trying to help them, calling you an elitisk prick/jerk or anything else, hence why if i come across someone bad/not pulling their weight or just simply autoattacking it's an instant kick for them, no questions asked.

Im by no means the best, but atleast i know what im doing, i know tacts and if i dont i read up in the dungeon journal or elsewhere so i do and i dont have to rely on random ppl to help me with it, cause really who queues to teach other people how to play?

Technically they're ruining my gaming experience so shoo with you....

Yea agree with above poster. Everytime I try help strangers they call me names or suggest I am somehow not letting them play the game the way they want. TBH I just turn chat off in dungeons now and act as if I am playing with badly programmed AI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by camelhoarder View Post
    Yea agree with above poster. Everytime I try help strangers they call me names or suggest I am somehow not letting them play the game the way they want. TBH I just turn chat off in dungeons now and act as if I am playing with badly programmed AI
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Just last week, I was doing HoT heroics on my rogue (2nd alt) when the tank asked why I was combat instead of assassination. He wasn't rude about it, just a pleasant curiosity based on what he thought he knew about rogues. The rest of the run, we had a civil discussion about the utility and dps capabilities of the different rogue specs in relation to DS. I'm combat because I use my rogue exclusively to soak double stomp on Morchok 10H with the 2x5 strat (some minor pugging on the side). Which lead into a discussion on the different strategies for H Morchok in 10v25. All this while clearing the dungeon smoothly.

Something I learned at the gym is that people don't like unsolicited advice from strangers unless they are really struggling and you have already demonstrated to them a certain amount of expertise. A lot of it has to do with the tone of the person offering advice and the person receiving it. If the person states they are new and welcome advice, have at it, but don't be condescending.

if its easy to dump people, they'll do it. i personally kick anyone deemed retarded who cant figure out a boss within 2-3 tries .. think about it.. 10 min boss fight.. wipe x 2 thats 20 mins wasted...

if people took 5 mins to look at a strategy video on a bossfight and get their shit sorted out they wouldnt have this issue of wiping. a single wipe wastes 10 minutes of everyones time, thats 9/10 people that you just pissed off by not knowing what to do and derping around.. with the amount of information given most people will have a general idea to listen to the raid leader or atleast follow the group.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon211 View Post
    Back in the burning crusade, even vanilla. You had to litrully run/fly to the instance you wanted to do, none of this Looking for raid or looking for dungeon stuff, it took an hour sometimes to even get an instance started. If you had someone that wasn't sure what to do you told them and stuck with him. To replace someone back then took like 10 mins at the least.
    This is not true. You never would have picked a random if he didn't have decent gear. If you did chose to take someone with you, with no gear and experience, it was because you knew him (maybe over foer edges). You did this also for an advantage for you, because you could put him on the flist and you have someone to ask if you want to do another instance.

Although I agree to your result: In lfg, I do not care about another player. If he fails or hasn't enough output, I kick him, because he is stealing my time.
    Yet, if he liked vanilla/bc so much, he is completely free to find a fitting group before queuing up to lfg. We do this all the time in our guild, to boost returning players.