Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    There are hints and clues everywhere that Diablo 3s development cycle has been a massive nightmare for everyone, god knows how much money they have sunk into it and pressure to get this thing out is pretty much at a all time high. I can easily imagine some of the SC, WoW and Titan guys helping them out. I also believe that the troubled D3 is the reason why Blizzcon this year was canned. The pressure must be off the charts over there

They keep overhauling things in search of perfection but its just setting them back.

Ofcourse you say, but what the hell have they been working on for the past several years? Just how robust is this game? Nobody really knows, but i have no doubt that D3 will come out before Q3 now, i think they are at maximum alert and the thing needs to come out... or else

So to squeeze this one out, and you look at all the content of the game, the red headed step child will always be PvP for Diablo, what else can they cut?
    Last edited by mmoc801388ae7f; 2012-03-10 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Good news for me no doubt I wonder, when will people realize that if they want a quality pvp experience, they should seek another type of games?

Game will be a massive success for Blizz Activision mark my words
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

No effect here. Can't wait for release!

I've noticed that there are three reactions to this news. Those that were more interested in PvP more than anything else are swearing off the game, either for good or until PvP is implemented. People like myself and most of what I've seen in this thread are happy that we're just getting the game in general and will either patiently wait for or not bother with PvP. And then there are the haters.

I'm sure you've seen them or heard them. The ones that claim that ever since Blizzard and Activision merged, things have gone downhill (which is flase to a point, and after that it gets subjective). The ones who said that the 600-employee layoff was so that the bigwigs could keep their high salaries and bonuses (I don't know whether or not that's true, and frankly I'm just staying neutral on the issue). The ones who constantly reference cartoons, kiddie games and Kung-Fu Panda if you so much as breathe about MoP (and no matter how much evidence to the contrary you present to them, they stay dogmatic about it because how dare we prove them wrong). And now they are the ones that say that this change to this game is the sign of Blizzard's apocalypse, because rather than hold back the game even further for one part that may or may not be popular, they're leaving it out to continue work on it while what's finished and complete (and isn't affected by PvP at all) goes gold and is shipped. How dare they make such a rational, if difficult, decision.

It's not like PvP is on-disc DLC, or being tied to some bullsh!t piece of merchandise. It's not like what happened to Duke Nukem Forever. and for god's sake, it's not an ACTIVISION PRODUCT. It's a BLIZZARD Product. PvP is still going to be released when it's ready, and the rest of the complete PvE game is already ready, so they're shipping it first and removing the "Soon" from the release date. That's it. That's all there is to it. There is no corporate greed. There is no prodding from Activision (whether or not there was prodding concerning WotLK's release is a different matter, and a different game). And there is no evil intention to screw over the minority to please the majority. I mean for pete's sake, it's not being scrapped, it's being delayed. There is a huge difference. Scrapped would be screwing players over. Delaying is "We're not done with it yet, but when we are. Oh man. Oh man, it's gonna be sweet".

And before anyone brings up Activision, did you ever stop to wonder why the time between the first talks about the merge and the merge itself was so long? It's because Blizzard was saying "You can have a share of our profits, but we retain complete control over everything we make. We decide when things get released, we decide how things are designed, we decide what we're making next. Not you." Seriously, don't you think Activision's influence would have been felt in WoW and SC2 by now anyway? And if you feel it, well, sorry, but I don't, nor do I see how it could be felt.

I think I'm done ranting now...
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

Yay! Game is coming out soon.

So pvprs qq before the game is out and before they are max lvl and before they know how delayed it will be? ok then...

the way I see it is you need time to level up and gear your char anyway..who wants to pvp at lvl 2? not me

I'm not interested in the PvP part of the game. Chances of me doing any of it are slim to none. I just plan on playing with a small group of friends. I am getting the game free anyways since I got the annual pass. I'm more interested to just be able to hop in and play a game, do some quests and some dungeons on my off nights where nothing interesting is happening in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    There are hints and clues everywhere that Diablo 3s development cycle has been a massive nightmare for everyone, god knows how much money they have sunk into it and pressure to get this thing out is pretty much at a all time high. I can easily imagine some of the SC, WoW and Titan guys helping them out. I also believe that the troubled D3 is the reason why Blizzcon this year was canned. The pressure must be off the charts over there

They keep overhauling things in search of perfection but its just setting them back.

Ofcourse you say, but what the hell have they been working on for the past several years? Just how robust is this game? Nobody really knows, but i have no doubt that D3 will come out before Q3 now, i think they are at maximum alert and the thing needs to come out... or else

So to squeeze this one out, and you look at all the content of the game, the red headed step child will always be PvP for Diablo, what else can they cut?
    I agree. I think its obvious that Blizzard are looking to cut fat and roll heads if Diablo 3 fails to meet their expectations, they've been cutting costs like firing 600 employees and cancelling Blizzcon which point in that direction. I can only imagine how the investors and upper management are planning to whip Blizzard back into shape

As for PvP...online games are all about playing with players AND against them. Especially if your service is called BATTLE.net. Not having PvP at launch hurts D3 and yes plenty of people would have loved to experience some PvP before hitting the max. Magic finding PvE only lasts so long, even in the first month of the game. People can breeze by MMO content like they were single player console games, D3 will be even easier. D3 PvP would be another option to keep people from logging on to LoL, GW2, etc. Blizzard knows the importance of PvP, they are trying to be e-sport kings, but they are being pressured by quarterly demands and the video game market
    Last edited by oldglory1977; 2012-03-11 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldglory1977 View Post
    I agree. I think its obvious that Blizzard are looking to cut fat and roll heads if Diablo 3 fails to meet their expectations, they've been cutting costs like firing 600 employees and cancelling Blizzcon which point in that direction. I can only imagine how the investors and upper management are planning to whip Blizzard back into shape

As for PvP...online games are all about playing with players AND against them. Especially if your service is called BATTLE.net. Not having PvP at launch hurts D3 and yes plenty of people would have loved to experience some PvP before hitting the max. Magic finding PvE only lasts so long, even in the first month of the game. People can breeze by MMO content like they were single player console games, D3 will be even easier. D3 PvP would be another option to keep people from logging on to LoL, GW2, etc. Blizzard knows the importance of PvP, they are trying to be e-sport kings, but they are being pressured by quarterly demands and the video game market
    Blizzard already has SC2 for their king of Esport title. Jay Wilson said it pretty clear that he doesn't make D3 with Esport in mind at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Will you still buy it?

I have been looking forward to PvP in this game but looks like I will wait till they add it later.
    Why not buy the game? It will take you at least 1 month to level your own character anyways, and even more time to gear and understand the game basics, im happy that they will put PvP later on in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a bummer.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Blizzard already has SC2 for their king of Esport title. Jay Wilson said it pretty clear that he doesn't make D3 with Esport in mind at all.
    I don't know if thats true anymore. If it was, they would have still released the PVP, even if it was just a simple 3v3 arena like they showed in the previews. Clearly, they are trying to aim for something higher then a pvp minigame.

I'm disappointed, I would have gladly taken a simple 3v3 arena just to play around in and they could still patch the more advanced stuff like internal rankings or objective type games or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I don't know if thats true anymore. If it was, they would have still released the PVP, even if it was just a simple 3v3 arena like they showed in the previews. Clearly, they are trying to aim for something higher then a pvp minigame.

I'm disappointed, I would have gladly taken a simple 3v3 arena just to play around in and they could still patch the more advanced stuff like internal rankings or objective type games or whatever.
    It's still true. They are just trying to make it as "fun" as possible. There must be somthing wrong with the arena system so it got pushed back but it's clearly not that Blizzard changed their mind and trying to make it Esport. Anyway, I don't think you have to wait for it so long because the arena is playable already.

Deleted
    I've gotta say, on a personal level it doesn't bother me at all, since i'm not into PvP and had no intentions of PvPing in D3. But I do understand where the disappointment is coming from. It is obviously a big blow for anyone who did plan to play D3 for the PvP and it's a real shame that despite the development time they do not feel they can release the game with PvP.

However, I think the majority would be very unhappy if they said "sorry guys, need another 3 month delay to release the game with PvP". At this stage, I think it's better that they cater to the PvE'rs, which has been the focus of Diablo, than to hold back the game for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I could careless that the game launches without pvp, I think his decision came straight from Activision. The Blizzard I know (when I say this I mean the Blizzard way back in the day before Blizzard North left.) would never do this. They'd launch a product until it's fully refined, polished, and COMPLETE. The rush and pressure to meet this release date is just Activision saying "OMG HURRY UP GUYZ!! WE MUST HAS OUR $$$$$!!! "

This saddens me, because it says is that Blizzard no longer calls the shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind this news much myself as i'll be playing through the PvE side for quite a while before stepping into PvP. Depending on how long it takes for PvP to be added after release I can't see it having much of an impact.

That's good, I can focus on gearing before pvping

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Good. PvP played no role for me in past Diablo games, and it won't in this one.

I'm still a bit irritated that it will require internet access and really won't be a true single player game.
    ^This.

I'm hoping that PvP won't get "big role" in Diablo 3.

And yeah, guess they're trying to keep hackers out with that. Still going to miss that I can't play the game when my Internet connection says "Bye bye!".