Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Diablo 3 PvP Won't be Included at Launch!

Will you still buy it?

I have been looking forward to PvP in this game but looks like I will wait till they add it later.

Source http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1220473p1.html
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Good. That means they absolutely won't be balancing around PvP, so the classes can actually be properly designed for the actual game content.

If I wanted PvP, I'd buy a different game.... honestly, the only Blizzard game I'd ever seriously consider from a hardcore PvP angle is Starcraft 2.

Diablo was never about PvP for me so i will still buy it (actually already got it with the annual pass).
    I could see how that could put off a lot of people though.
    Maybe add a Poll to the thread ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. PvP played no role for me in past Diablo games, and it won't in this one. I'm still a bit irritated that it will require internet access and really won't be a true single player game.

Yes, I expected this playing around on beta. I mean the classes skills are so diverse and there are so many skillset possibilities I imagined it would be a nightmare to balance. Seems I thought right. I'm thinking they may have to overhaul or change how some skills work around just while in the arena in order for it to be balanced, which will take a lot of time.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Good. PvP played no role for me in past Diablo games, and it won't in this one. I'm still a bit irritated that it will require internet access and really won't be a true single player game.
    This and the fact that I do not worry about someone joining the game and then engaging in PvP with me while I am out questing or MF'in makes this welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    As a Druid, you may experience temporary loss of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

What? No pvp in Diablo 3? Sweet! If blizz is going to balance the game based on pvp, it will suck!

Thats fine as long as they add it within 2 months of release.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Thats fine as long as they add it within 2 months of release.
    Don't worry, they will add it soon™ after the release, hahahaha.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adding PvP was a terrible idea from the start anyway. I won't miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, without pvp its just mindless screen clicking for loot that you could buy off the AH anyway with a credit card. Looking to be Blizzard's worst game by far.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Good. That means they absolutely won't be balancing around PvP, so the classes can actually be properly designed for the actual game content.

If I wanted PvP, I'd buy a different game.... honestly, the only Blizzard game I'd ever seriously consider from a hardcore PvP angle is Starcraft 2.
    I really, REALLY wish they'd realize this. I don't play a PvE-centric game to be "balanced" around PvP.

While I never really got into PVP in D1 and D2 people need to remember there is a VERY LARGE chunk of players that did and it is most definitely an important part of the game's longevity. That said I really think this is a good idea on their part. Delaying the release because one facet of the gameplay that a large portion of the player base won't use anyway would be pointless when it can be added in after. Not only that but PVP in the Diablo series has only ever been competitive at the top levels and gear which will take even the most hardcore players time to acquire.

im getting mine free no matter what, and i will play the shit out of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Nope, without pvp its just mindless screen clicking for loot that you could buy off the AH anyway with a credit card. Looking to be Blizzard's worst game by far.
    Oh my god this guy has obviously played inferno! You know what that means, he's a Blizzard employee and probably knows about the release date! Please tell us!

Good, I'm not a fan of pvp in ANY game, so this doesn't effect me. Other than making me go into more angst about wondering if this means a release date is imminent..

the pvp in diablo 3 will be a bonus, not like wow's pvp which is half of the game. playing diablo hardcore has always been around doing the game on the hardest difficulty and managing it. so far i am quite happy with the co-op tuning of the beta, it seems quite accurate although we can test only normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting it for free anyways, but I still would have paid for it. The game isn't about PvP anyways, pretty irrelevant for most people I would say with confidence. Especially if it will introduced later on, it's not like the game just doesn't have PvP.

Really happy about this. PVP served no purpose in the Diablo series. Glad they are not going to try and wedge it into my pve game.

the pvp is going to be exactly like wow's arena but a fixed 3rd person view with different class mechanics....so basically you wont be missing anything good
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out