Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    tbh, i dont think a delayed pvp system will matter, most games with pvp are only effective with high character lvl and gear and by the time u get those, the pvp system will launch, so pretty much a moot point

Yep, while pvp draws some people in, it definitely was not the end game. Most people just played to collect the best items they could, not the best line to attract new costumers, but that was the game for the most part, as boring as it sounds, it was as addicting as fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Good. That means they absolutely won't be balancing around PvP, so the classes can actually be properly designed for the actual game content.

If I wanted PvP, I'd buy a different game.... honestly, the only Blizzard game I'd ever seriously consider from a hardcore PvP angle is Starcraft 2.
    Wow didn't launch with pvp either and you can see how that turned out.

But anyway, I really don't give a shit at all. Plus I get it for free anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard cannot balance, therefore this game is better without PvP. Once they try to put PvP into the game it will turn for the worse. The Diablo series is a dungeon crawler not so much a MMO.

Dear Blizzard,

Keep PvP out of Diablo3 as it has no place being there and you guys will just end up screwing over the game. Thank you.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

PvP wasnt one of their focuses anyways so I personally prefer it this way, launch sooner!

While im definitely looking forward to the PvP... id MUCH rather have it release sooner then delay it and include the arenas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still going to buy it. Never played the PvP in D2.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to play pvp where I click I'd go to runescape.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....

That's lame... I wasn't going to be a hardcore PvP player by any means, but it seems like Diablo 3 is giving me fewer things to be excited about as time goes on. =/ I'm not even really looking forward to it that much anymore.

If D3 was developed by Condor AKA Blizzard North this game would have been released 5 years ago.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Anyone please can tell me when Diablo has become a PvP game?

LOL @ some gamespy comments like "i was buying D3 for PvP only" or "PvP was the true endgame of D2". PvP was the only thing left after you managed to beat up everything in game AND got all your high-end gear. But probably many has bought them off from some kind of chinese site - and now complain about the RMAH :P

Doesn't affect me at all, going to make a 4-days lan party with friends and beat the sh** out of the game
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Commenters at Massively are flipping their sh*t over this, but then again that's the place where former Blizzard fans that got 'jaded' by something inconsequential go to praise everything that isn't related to "ActiBli$$ard". Or maybe that's just my personal experience.

Anyway, I'm getting D3 for free and have zero interest in PvP, so yes, I will definitely play the game. If Blizz is smart(er than Massively gives them credit for--sorry, I just hate that part of Joystiq) they will include it in a later update for free, and if they're REALLY smart, the classes will play completely differently in PvP, or at least in a way that balance can be achieved without screwing the rest of us over.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP in Diablo 3 isn't the same as Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 PvP = grieving, with terrible class and item balance.

Diablo 3 PvP = Arena (no comment, haven't played game yet.)
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

D3 needs terrible class and item balance. to be fun killing a massive amount of mob getting an endless supply of gear.

pvp needs as balance a playing field as you can get if you want the loser and the winner to have fun.

so just don't even have pvp at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    PvP in Diablo 3 isn't the same as Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 PvP = grieving, with terrible class and item balance.

Diablo 3 PvP = Arena (no comment, haven't played game yet.)
    Did ya ever take part in Tournaments or preset ladders from multiple forums. IE: PalaPK, Barbarian Alliance, DTrades etc?
    Years ago I participated in sanctioned tournaments with my E-Cara Conc Barb for in-game rares/unique (legit items) as well as cash prizes in Diablo 2 against the top players on Us-East. The PvP was incredible and overwhelmingly present.

IMO: PvP in D2 was THE End-Game. You can't really consider Baal in Hellmode "End of Game Content" being as it's solo'd in 2mins, it lacked the epic feel to it. PvP is where you would spend hours upon hours grinding out Pindle, Meph etc for the ultra-rare drops for upgrades your your PvP set to test your skill against other players. Min-Maxing your class with perfect items while speccing yourself into Godmode.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Nope, without pvp its just mindless screen clicking for loot that you could buy off the AH anyway with a credit card. Looking to be Blizzard's worst game by far.
    It's a dungeon crawler. PvP isn't part of dungeon crawlers outside of a way to pass some time here and there. There's not going to be any balance around it, the control scheme isn't suited for it, and gear certainly isn't going to be tailored drop wise or stat wise for it. I suggest you look into the genre of game that D3 is before you mindlessly bitch about it. If you want MMO PvP, go play an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by capnscoob View Post
    This and the fact that I do not worry about someone joining the game and then engaging in PvP with me while I am out questing or MF'in makes this welcomed.
    You can't randomly engage in PvP with someone, nor can anyone randomly join your game unless you make it public. This isn't an MMO

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Will you still buy it?

I have been looking forward to PvP in this game but looks like I will wait till they add it later.

Source http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1220473p1.html
    So you're not going to buy a DUNGEON CRAWLER because they're not implementing a PvP syste? Lol. PvP in D3 was intended to be something to pass 10 minutes here and there. If you're expecting ANY balance around it whatsoever, you obviously aren't familiar with dungeon crawlers.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Did ya ever take part in Tournaments or preset ladders from multiple forums. IE: PalaPK, Barbarian Alliance, DTrades etc?
    Years ago I participated in sanctioned tournaments with my E-Cara Conc Barb for in-game rares/unique (legit items) as well as cash prizes in Diablo 2 against the top players on Us-East. The PvP was incredible and overwhelmingly present.

IMO: PvP in D2 was THE End-Game. You can't really consider Baal in Hellmode "End of Game Content" being as it's solo'd in 2mins, it lacked the epic feel to it. PvP is where you would spend hours upon hours grinding out Pindle, Meph etc for the ultra-rare drops for upgrades your your PvP set to test your skill against other players. Min-Maxing your class with perfect items while speccing yourself into Godmode.
    LOL PVP in D2 was a JOKE. It was terribly unbalance. If anyone thinks WoW's pvp is unbalance then you should try D2.

On the topic I don't really care that there won't be PvP at release because I will be spending my time grinding the hell out of the game. Blizz will eventually put PvP in anyway. I won't wait for PvP because I will play what is the core of Diablo which is grinding and when pvp comes I will try it for fun. I am surprised that Blizzard sctually care about PvP in D3. They will put many arena themes, matchmaking and more in D3. It's something they have never cared about since D1.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-03-10 at 08:12 AM.

Diablo 3 Gets delayed over and over.

Devs tell fans to lower expectations.

Devs anounce no pvp at launch.

Here's the real question:

Given that they have meandered and lingered so much and then became so blunt, it makes you wonder.... What else are the not saying that is bad about this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Diablo 3 Gets delayed over and over.

Devs tell fans to lower expectations.

Devs anounce no pvp at launch.

Here's the real question:

Given that they have meandered and lingered so much and then became so blunt, it makes you wonder.... What else are the not saying that is bad about this game?
    1.Blizzard delays almost every single game they made
    2.Bashiok is not D3 dev