Thread: Scp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scp

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

Nice stuff, well written.

See if you can find 110-Montauk

Much love.

EDIT: On the left column, SCP Series 1-xxx.

Click that shit.
    Last edited by Kiteh; 2012-03-09 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    what is this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    what is this
    Trying to work this out myself.

Wtf?

"WARNING: ANY NON-AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ACCESSING THIS FILE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED THROUGH BERRYMAN-LANGFORD MEMETIC KILL AGENT. ONLY AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL SHALL BE INOCULATED FROM SAID MEMETIC KILL AGENT. SCROLLING DOWN WITHOUT PROPER INOCULATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE CARDIAC ARREST FOLLOWED BY DEATH."

I don't get it, but then I don't think I care enough to figure it out to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Trying to work this out myself.
    Explore, read, have fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Explore, read, have fun.
    I am. I read the featured article "SCP-450" and it seems like a setup for an RP adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something to do with zombies?

Symptoms of infection with SCP-008 manifest no more than three hours after exposure, and include:

Flu-like symptoms with high fever, plus severe dementia in later stages.
    Coma onset approximately 20 hours after first symptoms appear and 12 hours after noticeable dementia. Coma onset will be considered onset of death.
    A period of sporadic cellular necrosis occurs which comes to resemble gangrene. Surviving tissue assumes its original function and is highly resilient.
    Red blood cells greatly increase oxygen storage capacity, resulting in slower blood flow and increased muscle endurance and strength.
    Nervous and muscular systems are unaffected by total organ failure for several hours.
    Metabolism may decrease to extremely low levels, allowing subject to survive for over 10 years without nutrition.
    High blood viscosity results in negligible blood flow from gunshot, puncture, and slashing injuries.
    Conditioned behavior, motor controls, and instinctive behavioral mechanisms are damaged, and cognitive abilities are severely retarded and erratic. Animals experience excessive brain necrosis and are inactive.
    Subject can adapt to its damaged nervous systems but is limited to basic physical activities, including standing up, balancing on two legs, walking, biting, grabbing, and crawling. Subject will energetically move towards sights, sounds, and smells it associates with living humans. Subject will attempt to ingest living humans if physical contact is made.
    Neutralizing fully-infected subjects requires significant cranial trauma.

I found myself very much enthralled by many of the projects.

If you select which ones are hazards/fatal - i.e. 'Euclid'

Enjoy

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 02:09 AM ----------

110-Montauk is horrifying, because you don't know.

I found this very intriguing.

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 02:14 AM ----------

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-407

and then

http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-report-x23

Deleted
    I have no idea what any of this is, even after reading the first few.

But I think that fact makes me want whatever it is even more, damn it.

SCP makes creepypasta in the form of goverment coverup/omitted information scientific reports. The entire website is dedicated to numbers which represent 'specimens' of creepy imaginary things.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtsparkles View Post
    SCP makes creepypasta in the form of goverment coverup/omitted information scientific reports. The entire website is dedicated to numbers which represent 'specimens' of creepy imaginary things.
    I still don't get it?

Deleted
    I still don't get it?
    I think it's an open RP/writer fest where you make a fabricated journal entry to a fake government compendium about some kind of totalitarian disaster sci fi initiative.

Some of them are actually pretty gripping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I think it's an open RP/writer fest where you make a fabricated journal entry to a fake government compendium about some kind of totalitarian disaster sci fi initiative.

Some of them are actually pretty gripping.
    Ahh, I see. I'm gonna go troll some conspiracy forums with this link... x)

I still don't get it?
    The site tries to explore the mind of the reader in order to try and [DATA EXPUNGED].

It is, what you make of it.

Deleted
    That 110 montauk was really good, weirdly it isn't listed under entry #110, that was something else, boring.

Here's the link: http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-231

It'll only get as scary or creepy as your own mind can make it, I think one of the rules is that you have to explete anything that will give away exactly what the government is doing. Anyway, this one is about a girl who was rescued from a satanic cult and will give birth to a world destroying somethingorother unless some undisclosed procedure is performed on her every 24 hours. Most of the article is like guidelines on how to cope or not kill yourself if you are the worker who has to perform the procedure. Creepy stuff.

SCP-407 ( http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-407 )

Test results:

00:25 - Subject reported feeling soothed by the music, and of feeling stronger and more invigorated.

00:45 - Liver spots and scars previously seen are shown to disappear.

02:20 - Subject appears to have physically grown an inch. Increase in musculature is noticeable.

03:40 - Subject reports intestinal pain.

04:20 - Subject begins vomiting. From vomit, plants are seen growing and slowly rooting into the tile floor.

04:50 - Subject starts developing rashes and growths on skin.

05:30 - Heavy dermal disfigurement. Subject panting heavily, begging for help. Great pain reported.

06:10 - Subject falls to the ground and ceases to move.

06:45 - Subject's body is quickly covered in what is thought to be fungal infections. Plant growth is observed growing from the subject's mouth, then eye sockets.

07:30 - Subject is by this time unrecognizable, covered in molds and plant shoots. Body bursts as a banana tree emerges from the subject's intestines and proceed to grow to maturity within seconds.

08:45 - Plant and fungal growth has begun to spread throughout the testing chamber. What appears to be moss and weeds cover the floor.

9:30 - Several shoots, stalks, bushes, and even small trees have appeared. Banana tree is no longer recognizable; the tree has grown thick and is covered with foliage and fungal growth.

10:30 - The air is heavy with pollen and spores. Vision into testing chamber is difficult.

11:30 - Movement is heard within the chamber. Several different small insect-like creatures are observed. Creatures are seemingly made of plant matter.

17:30 - For the last six minutes, creatures made of plant matter have been observed to rapidly generate, grow to maturity, kill and eat other creatures, and then be eaten themselves. Creatures increasingly progressing in size as time increases.

19:00 - Medium sized mammalian creatures are observed; they seem humanoid and bearing a resemblance to initial Subject.

21:00 - Large fungal stalk is observed to grow from one of the mammalian creatures. Stalk end bursts, dispensing white spores.

22:00 - Plant growth is still lush, but everything begins to become coated by a layer of mold. The plant creatures seem to die slowly for an unknown reason, before being covered by the mold.

23:00 - Mammalian creatures are the last to succumb; they heavily decay and become covered in the same mold. Bodies are shown to contract and expand as if breathing. Stalks quickly rise from the bodies, burst with spores, and then just as quickly rot.

28:32 - Tape ends. No change in chamber since the appearance of the mold. Chamber undergoes rigorous anti-biological cleansing. Samples of the mold were taken.

Deleted
    The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not there has to be some continuity between one post and another? Or do they have free rein over where they take their story aside from lining up with the government journal theme.

I don't think you can just write your own story and submit it. All posts are, essentially 'individual' but yet they must ultimately be related to an intervention of 'The Foundation'.

I enjoy reading about how some strange anomaly must be enclosed in a 5m x 5m x 4m chamber, filled with acid, with 8 nuclear failsafe devices in case the subject breaches the boundries. Walls are 4 inches thick, the complex is located 35km below sea level.

What's not to like?

Good ol' SCP. Wrote a few myself. Reckon they've all been replaced by now though.

Edit: Yep, all but one got iced. Mind you, they were a bit shit.
    Edit: Ah, Drake, Fisher and Kondraki have gone. Shame.
    Last edited by Karadros; 2012-03-09 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    What's not to like?
    I know, right.