10+ Year Old Account

Food Waste survey...please participate :)

hey guys, long time poster here

and I need your help, this survey is only 10 questions long and i need around 2 dozen participants to fill the requirements. if you guys are interested i can make the data available if you are interested. I personally find it a fascinating topic.
    feedback is also appreciated.

thanks

Link to Survey:
    -snip-
    Last edited by Toho; 2012-03-10 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    finished! do i get a cookie?

10+ Year Old Account
    a cake! you shall have a cake! just don't throw it out after your done :P

Did it also, and mm cake

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, done.

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 10:59 PM ----------

There was a Food Network special on this topic, about subpar produce etc.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    done 10char

Done!

I used to work retail, and it made me sick how much produce they threw away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the survey. My wife and I took a course on the psychology of food offered through Yale's free online university so we were already aware of this issue. The course had a profound effect on my eating habits and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

I don't know if linking is kosher but just in case:
    http://oyc.yale.edu/psychology/psyc-123#sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Jartin View Post
    I used to work retail, and it made me sick how much produce they threw away.
    I worked in the produce section of a supermarket and a popular family restaurant and it's quite disgraceful how much food is wasted.

I took it. I don't tend to throw out much because I'm like a vacuum when it comes to food.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Completed! :-D And actually - if you're curious; I usually gorge myself b/c as a child my parents wouldn't let me leave the table til all the food was eaten - so now...I can't. It would be interesting to see if other people are like me and over-eat b/c of food wasting. Cause of obesity? /sigh. Prolly not.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright thanks everyone, i got way more than i needed too :P

thanks for the help!
    i will see if can get the results up here so you can see

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest causes of obesity are people eating crap food and eating too much food in general (thanks to a ridiculously warped sense of portion size).

10+ Year Old Account
    well here are the results
    Last edited by Toho; 2012-03-10 at 02:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just finished the survey. I actually don't waste much food if any. I prefer not to take more than I can eat. Even when I go out to eat, I tend to take home my leftovers if possible to eat the following day for lunch.

When I worked in at a bagel chain, they use to make us throw out everything that didn't sell at the end of the day. It was insane. I got permission to take the food to donate instead. Well not exactly, but I made it happen. They said, "It's your responsibility to make sure this food ends up in a garbage bag. I don't want it in our store so if you want to take it home, fine." So I would take a clean garbage bag, load it up with bagels and bring it to people in need. That really made me aware of the waste in the US and I'm sure of many other countries. Ever since then, I've avoided wasting good food.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I just finished the survey. I actually don't waste much food if any. I prefer not to take more than I can eat. Even when I go out to eat, I tend to take home my leftovers if possible to eat the following day for lunch.

When I worked in at a bagel chain, they use to make us throw out everything that didn't sell at the end of the day. It was insane. I got permission to take the food to donate instead. Well not exactly, but I made it happen. They said, "It's your responsibility to make sure this food ends up in a garbage bag. I don't want it in our store so if you want to take it home, fine." So I would take a clean garbage bag, load it up with bagels and bring it to people in need. That really made me aware of the waste in the US and I'm sure of many other countries. Ever since then, I've avoided wasting good food.
    This happens all over the place in the US. I applaud you for taking it upon yourself and taking some of that food to people who could really use it. A day old bagel isn't going to kill anyone, and the idea that it should just be thrown out is asinine.